Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season ticket sales so far...

Around 8,700 according to the Club's ticket twitter, and up on this point last season.

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2015
    Thanks for that, AFKA.

A couple of exciting signings this week ( as rumoured?) amidst the speculation about the ownership of our Club might just be enough to tempt the doubters back into the fold.

Interesting times in SE7 indeed.

Book your seat on the rollercoaster NOW !!!!
  • Options

Around 8,700 according to the Club's ticket twitter, and up on this point last season.

Positive news. Makes sense why no figure was mentioned last season if they were down on 13/14 season.

• Options
    That's much better than i expected ... Good stuff
  • Options
    Better than thought it would be , without a quality significant player investment, and a push for the Premiership, people will vote with their feet.
  • Options
    Would be great to get back to the 10,000 mark
  • Options
    8700 is a pleasant surprise. I feared much less, especially if CL is a fair representation of how folk are feeling.
  • Options
    there could well be 'new' or returning fans taking advantage of the reduced pricing, and return to universal kids pricing (after last years hike), both of which are very sensible.

If it were me I might be tempted to extend the free tickets for kids under a certain age to more if not all parts of the ground.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe we should start dropping leaflets to the residents of Newham.
  • Options
    perhaps, but even better use the fans to knock up their neighbours, spread the word to Charlton areas.. who'd have thunk it..
  • Options
    razil said:

perhaps, but even better use the fans to knock up their neighbours..

you've not seen my neighbours....

• Options
    But then I will have to talk to my neighbours! Something Ive managed to avoid for years apart from the occasional nod.
  • Options
    IA said:

razil said:

perhaps, but even better use the fans to knock up their neighbours, spread the word to Charlton areas.. who'd have thunk it..

Good idea but my neighbour is already knocked up.
    Better than my neighbour who is locked up.
  • Options

Local Nigerian community snapping up a lot of the North upper seats I hear

Should be ok for a cab after the game then(:
  • Options
    And finally
    Charlton Athletic players have come up with an unusual way to reward fans in a bid to boost season ticket sales - by undertaking dares or forfeits for every 100 sold. (London Evening Standard) : from BBC website
  • Options
    There is huge development in Greenwich peninsula. Do we target areas? I suspect many of the people in this area work in City and are new to South East London. Perhaps a special discounted price for people new to the area for one year?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Thanks for that, AFKA.

A couple of exciting signings this week ( as rumoured?) amidst the speculation about the ownership of our Club might just be enough to tempt the doubters back into the fold.

Interesting times in SE7 indeed.

Book your seat on the rollercoaster NOW !!!!

No, I think I'd rather have a few goes on it. Think I might get sick if I sit on the rollercoaster all season.
  • Options
    Bradford priced theirs at £149 adults and £99 kids and have sold 17,000 in league 1
  • Options

Bradford priced theirs at £149 adults and £99 kids and have sold 17,000 in league 1

Probably easier to do so with a lower wage bill ? Not taking away the fact that that's still a lot of tickets sold
  • Options
    what else is there to do in Bradford?
  • Options
    Macronate said:

what else is there to do in Bradford?

Your sister?

(caveat. Not yours Macronate...)
  • Options
    How many have we sold?
  • Options
    Just under 10k not including comps.
  • Options
    That isn't bad. I'd add an FA cup and League cup game (with stipulated caveat if we have one). I don't think it would cost too much as not may fans go to these games anyway and the other tickets can be priced dirt cheap for a better atmosphere and match day sales and increased season ticket sales would probably mean it is cost neutral. As the season ticket is a card, it isn't too late for the club to do this.
  • Options

That isn't bad. I'd add an FA cup and League cup game (with stipulated caveat if we have one). I don't think it would cost too much as not may fans go to these games anyway and the other tickets can be priced dirt cheap for a better atmosphere and match day sales and increased season ticket sales would probably mean it is cost neutral. As the season ticket is a card, it isn't too late for the club to do this.

The problem with this (not for Charlton, we're shit in the cup) is that we could potentially play our first home game in each cup against one of the top 5 or 6 clubs in the country and the club would see that as two huge loses.

I do personally think we should get a cup game included but I just can't see the club doing it. (and I don't think they can really be faulted for it)