Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season ticket sales so far...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Around 10k is much better than I expected
  • Options

Around 10k is much better than I expected

that's just the waiting list for away ST's
  • Options

That isn't bad. I'd add an FA cup and League cup game (with stipulated caveat if we have one). I don't think it would cost too much as not may fans go to these games anyway and the other tickets can be priced dirt cheap for a better atmosphere and match day sales and increased season ticket sales would probably mean it is cost neutral. As the season ticket is a card, it isn't too late for the club to do this.

As has been explained many times and above what if we draw Man Utd? You've just given away 10,000 tickets at say £20 (£200k) each to this game which should be a major money earner.

You also have the problem that cup income is shared with the FA and the other team so to give a Charlton fan a "free" £10 ticket you would have to pay 40% to the opposition and 20% to the FA so it would cost the club money.

Lastly many people don't want a ticket for Oxford or whoever in the league cup even if it is free which is why the crowds are small.

• Options
    How many did we sell last season?
  • Options

That isn't bad. I'd add an FA cup and League cup game (with stipulated caveat if we have one). I don't think it would cost too much as not may fans go to these games anyway and the other tickets can be priced dirt cheap for a better atmosphere and match day sales and increased season ticket sales would probably mean it is cost neutral. As the season ticket is a card, it isn't too late for the club to do this.

As has been explained many times and above what if we draw Man Utd? You've just given away 10,000 tickets at say £20 (£200k) each to this game which should be a major money earner.

You also have the problem that cup income is shared with the FA and the other team so to give a Charlton fan a "free" £10 ticket you would have to pay 40% to the opposition and 20% to the FA so it would cost the club money.

Lastly many people don't want a ticket for Oxford or whoever in the league cup even if it is free which is why the crowds are small.

Let's hope that the CC are logging everyone's CON numbers when we buy tickets for more than just ourselves.

With Derby, Forest & Wolves on the horizon, there may well be restrictions / hierarchy for purchasing Blackburn tickets based on previously attended games /VG etc.

• Options
    Has there been any update on how many we've sold for this season ?

With three weeks until the Rotherham game, the data problems hopefully now resolved, the holiday season largely over and a promising start on the field, you'd hope that we could shift a few more. Most people will have already made up their mind some time ago to pick and choose games and buy on the day, but perhaps the team's positive performances will persuade some waverers.
  • Options
    I purchased 8 days before the first game and the total then was 9800.
  • Options
    Says on the offal site we are over 10,000...

Believe what you will and I did mean offal.