Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RIP to 30 British Citizen and all those lost in Tunisia

Some may say why start a new thread as it is discussed in two others maybe.,..
For me, just feels like this should be respect to those who went away like the discussion in the Holiday thread, work and earned a break away, through no choice of their own and we not be returning....

No politics please for once
This weekend has confirmed even further how short, fragile society and life can be.....

RIP Guys and Girls xx

Comments

• Rip to all those innocent people who are not The enemy not the cause but are deemed fair target by the cowardly act of lunatics

I hope your families and friends find peace

God bless you all and rest in peace

( anyone here thinking of travelling to Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey etc please think again think of who you could leave behind how they would cope and if there is somewhere else you could go instead)
  • RIP to all the men and women who tragically lost there lives in such unbelievably horrible way! And a well done the hero's who with the manic firing at will there helped the injured and protected loved ones from him
  • RIP. Too horrendous to contemplate. This is one wicked world.
  • The thought of it happening during school holidays is not worth contemplating
  • Rip. Best mates mum and dad still classed as missing janet and john stocker .
  • edited June 2015
    R.I.P to all of those taken before their time.

I was in Egypt last month and it felt odd going there knowing the risk. Watching the news over the weekend has shaken me up massively as I fear the worst for this country now.

The police and intelligence have foiled many attacks and it only takes one to slip through the net. Terrifying.
  • Shocking, just shocking.

RIP to those killed.

Disagree with NLA. You can't let these bastards win. If I were going to one of the 'high risk' countries, I would be damn sure their actions wouldn't stop me going. solidarity and all that.

My wife however.............
  • RIP to all those that lost their lives and thoughts at this time to all their loved ones.
  • Sponsored links:

• I get the want to not let these bstds win , but disregard that feeling and don't put yourselves in any unnecessary risks
  • This incident just shows what death, havoc, mayhem, chaos and anguish one maniac with an automatic carbine can achieve .. RIP all the Tunisian victims and may the murderer rot in hell, be it a Christian or muslim hell
  • I am so saddened by these events.....RIP to all those that lost their lives and my sincere condolences to their family and friends.
  • R.I.P. to all who lost their lives so tragically. Thoughts are with family and friends.
  • Meant to be going to the resort next to the one involved, in August. If it was just me I would go and to hell with being forced out, but as a parent it is different. I can't risk the safety of my three kids, especially with my youngest being disabled.
  • It's not a hard decision pal to make, there is always copy cat situations that arise

It's not about letting people win it's about making sure your family win and are safe
  • It's not a hard decision pal to make, there is always copy cat situations that arise

It's not about letting people win it's about making sure your family win and are safe

Especially when the foreign office say further attacks in Tunisia are certain to happen in the next few weeks. You do have to wonder why they are not stopping all travel for a bit.
  • edited June 2015
    . RIP ALL -
  • Cfgs, you can't do it really. I'm a parent, and I would'nt want to go on my own, but there's no way I'd go now with my two children after what happened. As NLA says, your first priority is your family. I feel sorry for the ordinary Tunisians, but not to the point where I'll put my kids in anyone's firing line to keep tourism alive there.
  • Sponsored links:

• have a few Tunisean friends, lovely, thoughtful, kind hearted, hard working people. Their work ethic is absolutely insane. So sad to hear of the devastating impact that these nutters have on not just the victims, and their families, but whole regions and economies.

Rip to all those poor victims and their families.
  • cfgs said:

Meant to be going to the resort next to the one involved, in August. If it was just me I would go and to hell with being forced out, but as a parent it is different. I can't risk the safety of my three kids, especially with my youngest being disabled.

100% the right thing to do. There is defiance in carrying on getting the tube after 7/7 but putting family at risk for the sake of a few days in the sun is crazy imo.

Rip to those poor innocent people.
  • Smudge , I met and have stayed friends with two Tunisians from a holiday nearly two decades ago, a wonderful beautiful place with many of the most friendly people I have met, but I was very aware of the hostility of a very small few to the Western society,

There is a way to assist in reducing the strangle hold held by isis across these countries and that is to reduce or remove the money they make through tourism , I accept that this is not the answer but if all western tourists stopped going to these countries then those countries would in turn be forced to deal with that head on , and look inside, there are many places to go as an alternative that are less of a risk and just as nice to visit

It's a shocking sad and devastating situation we face today
  • RIP to all that have lost their lives. My thoughts and prayers go out to the loved ones. God bles ....
  • My Mrs goes to Egypt annually on a yoga/spiritual/meditation trip.

Last year, in a private viewing in a museum somewhere, they were ordered to hit the floor, face down, by two men holding machine guns. It was only thanks to their two Egyptian-speaking guides that they talked them out of whatever they were thinking of doing.

Despite that little event last year, she goes back in October/November this year. I'm trying to remain cool about it but seeing sh*t like this going on in the North African region, its not hard to worry.
  • Rest in peace all of those who lost their lives
    I hope your pals parents come home safe @cazo
  • RIP to all those involved and condolences to their families
  • Worryingly, IS are rumoured to be pretty much taking over Libya as there is simply nothing to stop them there anymore. That gives them territory either side of Egypt and I also don't think Israel is going to be reacting in a calm and considered fashion to being surrounded by armed and dangerous lunatics. Personally, you couldn't pay me enough to take my kids into that whole area for any reason, let alone for a week in the sunshine.
  • Sleep tight , all those who were victims of this insanity.

To those responsible, both directly & indirectly, may you never sleep peacefully again