Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best Free Transfer Squad

2»

Comments

• Options
    Pritchard
  • Options
    I'm sure he wasnt but Kishishev wasnt free was he?
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Jesus Christ, PAOLO Di Canio, not Paulo. I know I'm gonna get 'grammar nazi', 'pedant' etc but seriously how many people spell that man's name wrong?

I always thought it was Paulie Di Canio.
  • Options

Carl Tiler, he was free wasn't he?

Wasn't great but was Premier League so probably better than Dailly/Hudson etc.

Jesper Blomqvist as well, although he hardly played. Probably take Morts & JoBerg over him.

Tiler was £750k.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

PopIcon said:

Dailly, what planet are you on? League one cart horse, with the turning speed of a Thames barge by the time he joined us.

Dailly was very very good for us in that first season in league 1 with pretty good league 1 players around him. The problems came when he had Gary Doherty next to him who couldn't have been any slower. An inexperienced left back in Matt Fry to his left and two poor centre midfielders in front of him in McCormack and Semedo.
    Some of you guys have short memories, Millwall away springs to mind. A 35 year old defender playing in the third division? Surely you lot can do better.
    He got Player of the Year in one of his seasons with us, we've had many, many worse than him. As for the Millwall game, did we have anyone playing for us that day who shouldn't be utterly ashamed of their performance?
  • Options
    Nelson and Gatting
  • Options
    uie2 said:

Nelson and Gatting

Nelson cost 50,000 from Brighton. August 1991
  • Options
    We could have signed both Mike Small and Wade Small on frees, but we hesitated and were lost - thankfully
  • Options

Carl Tiler, he was free wasn't he?

Wasn't great but was Premier League so probably better than Dailly/Hudson etc.

Jesper Blomqvist as well, although he hardly played. Probably take Morts & JoBerg over him.

Tiler was £750k.
    Jesus, was he? They saw us coming!

What about Chris Whyte or was he just a loan?