Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tour de France 2015

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Movistar were shit all tour. Even right at the end, that absolute prick Valverde was riding for himself not his team leader. Any other team, with that level of talent and Quintana would have won.

Also, I disagree about this year being a great route. It was absolutely tailor-made for Sky - that first stage in the Pyrenees must have given Brailsford a woody when he first saw it at the announcement of the route - flat for 180 km then a big, punishing climb at the end. The first climbing stages should be lumpy all day.
  • Options
    Cycling is certainly a sport that takes some getting into to enjoy watching.

I'm just a fledgling in watching it and it has motivated me to switch from my MTB to a road bike and we'll see how my journey goes.

It can be boring to watch if you don't like cycling. I don't like cricket so find that dull. What else can one expect of a sport they don't enjoy?

• Options
    edited July 2015

Delighted a Brit won, watched about half an hour of blokes cycling slowly in the rain yesterday before boredom set in. The helicopter shots of Versailles were good. It seems that whoever is in the lead after about five days is champion unless he falls off. Utter non spectacle of an event featuring great athletes. As said before the non-event of the final day is just a joke.

An accusation often levelled at the tour is that it's 'boring'. That's no problem - just don't watch it. Anyone who does watch it and 'gets' it won't care what anyone else thinks.
    I shall be watching and waiting with my hypocrite stick from now on Leroy... :smiley:
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I know it's early in the year to be speculating about these things, but surely Froome must be a good shout for Sports Personality of the year. Of course every sport will have someone that takes their most prestigious title, and in many sports (hopefully) that person will be British. However, none will have done it in the face of such hostility and no-one will have incurred verbal and physical assaults like Froome has (Ritchie Porte notwithstanding). To stand up to that and still keep going, let alone winning, takes real personality. He'd have my vote.
  • Options
    SPOTY Contendors so far...
    - Chris Froome
    - Luzy Bronze
    - Lewis Hamilton
  • Options

stonemuse said:

Apart from yesterday, I felt the ITV4 coverage was pretty good. Boardman, Boulting and Imlach generally did a good job considering they have to take the French feed.

The only thing that slightly put me off was Jens Voigt sounding like one of Harry Enfields characters.

Agreed, I thought the coverage was excellent and the commentary team is first class
    I know bugger all about cycling but every year watch the Tour highlights programme and enjoy it enormously. Not only do you get stunning scenery as a bonus but proper expert analysis, before, during and after the day's action. You get proper interviews with the protagonists, explanation of team tactics, rulings and conventions and a commentary team that commentates from a position of experience, in depth knowledge, contacts within the teams, not treating it's viewers like morons and who clearly love the sport.

Football fans get Robby Fecking Savage :-/

Me too Bournemouth. The tactics and different little battles going on are fascinating as well.

• Options
    edited July 2015

stonemuse said:

Apart from yesterday, I felt the ITV4 coverage was pretty good. Boardman, Boulting and Imlach generally did a good job considering they have to take the French feed.

The only thing that slightly put me off was Jens Voigt sounding like one of Harry Enfields characters.

Agreed, I thought the coverage was excellent and the commentary team is first class
    I know bugger all about cycling but every year watch the Tour highlights programme and enjoy it enormously. Not only do you get stunning scenery as a bonus but proper expert analysis, before, during and after the day's action. You get proper interviews with the protagonists, explanation of team tactics, rulings and conventions and a commentary team that commentates from a position of experience, in depth knowledge, contacts within the teams, not treating it's viewers like morons and who clearly love the sport.

Football fans get Robby Fecking Savage :-/

Yes, proper interviews and NO fkn clichés.
  • Options
    Ned Boulting used to do the Champions league stuff for ITV I think.

• Options
    Stig said:

I know it's early in the year to be speculating about these things, but surely Froome must be a good shout for Sports Personality of the year. Of course every sport will have someone that takes their most prestigious title, and in many sports (hopefully) that person will be British. However, none will have done it in the face of such hostility and no-one will have incurred verbal and physical assaults like Froome has (Ritchie Porte notwithstanding). To stand up to that and still keep going, let alone winning, takes real personality. He'd have my vote.

mine too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whoops
  • Options
    Was always going to happen one day the amount of wheelies he does. I like him, but he is like a big kid. Perhaps when his pro cycling days are out he can get himself a job in a circus.