Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oktoberfest

2»

Comments

• Options
    And Düsseldorf - great place for a drinking session.
  • Options
    Going to the London on Sunday
    Unlimited stein's, will be messy
  • Options
    Big_Bob said:

Going to the London on Sunday
    Unlimited stein's, will be messy

Is that at Billingsgate ?
  • Options
    At Tobacco Dock fella
    No idea if that's the Billingsgate one
  • Options

Lived in Germany for 5 years. Fantastic country that knows how to do things properly. Often totally underrated by those who have never been. Munich is excellent and of course has the beer fest. Berlin my favourite city but Hanover, Hamburg and Frankfurt also top places, along with lovely regional towns like Munster, Hameln, Koblenz and Cochem. Highly recommend a trip in the run to Christmas to visit a Christmas market.

And Stuttgart. People think of it as a Motor City. Nothing could be further from the truth. It's a city designed for the comfort and enjoyment of its citizens and lucky visitors. And Bremen. And the coast (if the sun comes out, anyway). The only thing I'd say remotely negative is that the Christmas market (and hotel prices) at Nuremberg gets mobbed, and Stuttgart's is alleged to be better for that reason.

One of the best things that happened to me living here in Prague is learning about the country next door and completely changing my mind about it.
  • Options
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3266431/Fury-four-day-OktoberFest-London-festival-cancelled-ONE-night-thousands-customers-paid-1-000-table-turn-leaving-staff-unable-cope.html

Son's went there, with several football mates,or thought they were going there yesterday, shambles apparently, 'What is it about not being able to hold a **** ***** in a brewery, or in this case a beer hall."...... I guess they can kiss there money goodbye as well.
  • Options
    PMSFL...Only in The Mail could this be the lead comment on that story:

DrMoog, London, United Kingdom, 20 minutes ago
    This is the country that organised and ran the British empire, the largest empire the world had ever seen, with 1000 civil servants. Now thanks to Labour's dumbed down education system and stupid PC health and safety rules etc we now can't organise a simple event mode this. You see the same thing all through the public sector. They take increasingly higher taxes from us but can't run decent services. This country is finished.