Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UFC Thread

Comments

• Options
    It's very weird watching him in interviews, Embedded etc this week being all nicey nice. Presumably it's all to try and repair the damage his actions have done in the past few years. You get the impression he's trying really hard not to act the prick. It must be killing him.
  • Options
    I think getting off of the coke has made it easier! Sadly he's the only person who could change himself. The UFC were to chicken to upset their golden goose.

I think he stops Cowboy. Masvidal says he wants to fight him purely due to the money. He'll probably turn the act back on for that fight. Speaking of acts, how is Colby? 

Causals are calling Conor boring! :lol:
  • Options
    edited January 2020
  • Options
    I didnt expect that, cowboy got messed up

Fair one, still expect Masvidal to take his head off 
  • Options
    Those shoulder hits in the opening exchange were brutal! 
  • Options
    Easy win for conor, everyone knows cerrone has been made of glass for a while now. 
    Good move from dana to keep the machine rolling. 
    No point him fighting khabib again even though he wants it and he’ll avoid ferguson and usman like the plague. 
    All roads lead to masvidal hopefully. Or manny pacauao lol.
  • Options
    Cowboy starts slowly and Conor starts fast, it's not a he's back to his best result. Conor even said so himself post fight despite what he was saying before the fight. It was a great performance, but a great performance against Cerone doesn't mean a great deal, look at Darren Till and that was over two years ago.

Dana wants the Khabib rematch as he sees money in it. I believe all the i didn't train properly comments are nonsense and lightning will strike twice. Although if it were to happen, and i think deep down Conor realises there is a class difference, it will be interesting to see if the new Conor 2.0 I'm sorry for being late i had to look after the kids, i dedicate this fight to my ma, is present or the money making I apologies to absolutely no one. Cerone was also a good opponent for the 2.0.
  • Options
    Everyone who isn't a casual knows their is a class difference! Conor cant roll with the best grapplers in the game. He also cant get under khabibs skin like he did aldo. Failed miserably last time. 

Cerrone is tailor made for anyone who needs a good tko win in the limelight these days. 
  • Options
    Cowboy starts slowly and Conor starts fast, it's not a he's back to his best result. Conor even said so himself post fight despite what he was saying before the fight. It was a great performance, but a great performance against Cerone doesn't mean a great deal, look at Darren Till and that was over two years ago.

Dana wants the Khabib rematch as he sees money in it. I believe all the i didn't train properly comments are nonsense and lightning will strike twice. Although if it were to happen, and i think deep down Conor realises there is a class difference, it will be interesting to see if the new Conor 2.0 I'm sorry for being late i had to look after the kids, i dedicate this fight to my ma, is present or the money making I apologies to absolutely no one. Cerone was also a good opponent for the 2.0.
    I'm inclined to believe this as well. Why would he not train properly and take his eye off the ball for clearly one of the most dangerous men in UFC. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020

I'm inclined to believe this as well. Why would he not train properly and take his eye off the ball for clearly one of the most dangerous men in UFC. 
    Because it was only business! :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wouldn't necessarily agree with all the stuff he came out with re the Khabib build up but there's definitely something to it given how Kavanagh and Roddy came out after, for whatever reason it definitely wasn't a good camp and those involved with his training seemed to hint they thought it would be it and they're not sure they'd even want to go through it again.

I think this fight whilst it didn't actually tell us much it was probably important for McGregor to get the focus and drive back a bit. I won't say he's back but there's a possibility of a few exciting fights this year if indeed he is intent on fighting another 3 times. 
  • Options

Because it was only business! :smiley:
    I definitely think he certainly trained differently and in a more structured way for Cerrone. However still feel he would have still put in the effort for the Khabib fight. 
  • Options
    conor could have the best camp he’s ever had and level up in wrestling in that period, but i just don’t see him beating khabib. He's a goat. 
  • Options
    McGregor vs Masvidal is the fight I'd want to see.
  • Options
    Ditto. 
    Or diaz 3 for the craic
  • Options
    In croke park  
  • Options
    I may go to that, see if i can catch Conor's head.
  • Options
    2121 said:
    Ditto. 
    Or diaz 3 for the craic
    I've no doubt that will be made but not next. A loss to anyone else next it can still be made, a loss to Diaz and Masvidal, Khabib etc all disappear for a while. 
  • Options
    Khabib next 
  • Options
    If he accepts
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

As long as they put that bloody stupid BMF belt in the bin....
  • Options
    Adesanya, what a performance.

On his way to being one of the greats. 20-0 now.
  • Options

I genuinely thought the power of Costa would be too much for him. .

Costa had nothing... Apart from a leg he now won't be able to stand on for weeks. 

So glad the UFC has been going on most weekends at the moment. My understanding it the Khabib fight will be on European time. 

I've been trying to have a nap on Saturday evenings and get up for the fights for weeks.

Blachowicz is also amazing. 
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Costa had nothing... Apart from a leg he now won't be able to stand on for weeks. 

So glad the UFC has been going on most weekends at the moment. My understanding it the Khabib fight will be on European time. 

I've been trying to have a nap on Saturday evenings and get up for the fights for weeks.

When he fought Poirier here last year, the fight was on about midnight UAE time, so that's 9pm in England so i expect they'll do something similar.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

When he fought Poirier here last year, the fight was on about midnight UAE time, so that's 9pm in England so i expect they'll do something similar.
    From what I have seen I am expecting prelims to be 5pm our time, and main card at 7, so yeah you must be right.

Good news. 
  • Options
    Khabib vs Gaethje this weekend. Main card starts at 7pm GMT as well so looking forward to settling down from 5ish for a full night of violence.

Who have you all got in the Main Event?
  • Options
    You'd be a fool to bet against Khabib, freak of nature
  • Options
    Got to be Khabib. 
  • Options
    True true hard to go against khabib, but gaetje has strong wrestling credentials and should be better standing.