Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

UFC Thread

Comments

• Options
    Usman's fight with Colby remains one of my favourite of the last few years, and he was the first to show just how beatable Woodley is, so I have to appreciate those achievements. 

I feel like he's gonna do a GSP, dominate the division for a long time, and only get real appreciation after he's retired- the style isn't pretty by any means but its great at preventing unnecessary head trauma so should help his longevity.  Now I've said that, expect him to get outrageously KO'd by Burns.
    Haha should be a good one! Should definitely make sure we have a bit of activity on here for 259. Especially as I can't have mates round. 
  • Options
    Absolutely incredible fight and incredible performance from Usman. Absolutely incredible. 

He's not trained long with Trevor Wittman (also coaches Gaethje) but has developed a fantastic jab for MMA, even stance switching. Really, really impressive stuff and I hope he stays with Wittman going forward. 
  • Options
    Great fight by Usman. 

Don't like that he refused the glove touch at the start though.

Wanted Burns to do it. 
  • Options
    Absolutely incredible fight and incredible performance from Usman. Absolutely incredible. 

He's not trained long with Trevor Wittman (also coaches Gaethje) but has developed a fantastic jab for MMA, even stance switching. Really, really impressive stuff and I hope he stays with Wittman going forward. 
    "Your jab is why you are champion" at the end of the first round was fantastic from Wittman. 
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

"Your jab is why you are champion" at the end of the first round was fantastic from Wittman. 
    Wittman is one of a very select group of coaches who just seems to know how to steady their fighter after a big hit- he did similar with Gaethje after the uppercut in the Ferguson fight. The guy understands the game so, so well.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Wittman is one of a very select group of coaches who just seems to know how to steady their fighter after a big hit- he did similar with Gaethje after the uppercut in the Ferguson fight. The guy understands the game so, so well.
    Absolutely agree.

Also, what I think not enough coaches seem to understand, is that your fighter is most likely pretty punchdrunk, the coaches are also full of adrenaline and end up giving a massive lecture, of which probably 5-10% is taken in.

Instead, "your jab is why you are champion" is a clear, concise and easy to understand message, and it absolutely worked. 

It's weird, but simple stuff might make a coach seem like they aren't great at analysis, but simple stuff is what wins the fights, save that complex analysis for the week after... 
  • Options
    Big one this weekend - Three title fights with some good fights and names on the rest of the card too. Rakic vs Santos could be a real war.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    So emotional tonight.
    Edgar absolutely smashed out.
    But Overeem... I wanted him to do it so much... But he became a human punching bag.
    Reem been chinny for so long. Hard to see these legends carry on, like anderson. 🙈 annoys me that adesanya was allowed to fight non prime anderson. 
  • Options
    To say I'm excited for Saturday night is an understatement. 

I've had enough of these cards with no crowd now though. On balance I much prefer crowds. 

He might be a roided up meathead but I'll always have a lot of respect and appreciation for Dana White putting on so much amazing sport when most sports weren't able to do anything. 
  • Options
    Danas been amazing for a two decades, legend! Hearn looks up to him in awe 😂, fair play to Hearn hes said he wants to emulate him   
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2121 said:
    Huskaris said:
    So emotional tonight.
    Edgar absolutely smashed out.
    But Overeem... I wanted him to do it so much... But he became a human punching bag.
    Reem been chinny for so long. Hard to see these legends carry on, like anderson. 🙈 annoys me that adesanya was allowed to fight non prime anderson. 
    Well now he's been cut with JDS, he can return to his final form - Ubereem!
  • Options
    Going to bed for a few hours now, getting up at 10.30. Going to be a long one. 
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    Going to bed for a few hours now, getting up at 10.30. Going to be a long one. 
    Think my days of doing that are long gone. 
  • Options
    One hell of a fight card so far. Really making up for how poor last week's was.
  • Options
    France with a win from nowhere. 
  • Options
    Haven't been this excited for a card since Jones DC II. Adesanya is by far and away my favourite fighter, he's absolutely incredible. I am concerned for him tonight but I also will not be shocked if he schools Jan. Just a ridiculous main card, Yan Sterling I am expecting an absolute scrap 
  • Options
    Well i hope the main card improves. That Rakic v Santos fight was incredibly boring.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Santos just hasn't looked the same since the knee surgery. Such a strange thought that he was a split decision away from being champion, and now he looks like the title is completely out of sight

Did make me laugh to see Rakic getting his brown belt for an entirely stand up fight. 
  • Options
    Makhachev's sambo is genuinely incredible. The ease and slickness of the transitions, the trips. He's going to be a serious, serious problem in post-Khabib LW. 
  • Options
    Well that was something...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2021
    So confused, how could Yan not know that was an illegal knee? He is either seriously dumb or doesn't understand the game.

He was winning that fight all day, I like Sterling but adrenaline got the better of him and he was all over the place, unless he could have found a second wind or a miraculous sub he was done.

Great fight and would love to see it again, Sterling will have to change his gameplan for next time though for sure
  • Options
    Petr Yan with the single worst bit of fight IQ I have seen in MMA, after a fight in which he was showing an incredible amount of fight IQ. 

Really bizarre ending to a very entertaining fight, I've got to feel for Aljo there. 
  • Options
    Yan has to know that is an illegal knee, and for that I have no sympathy for him losing the belt...
  • Options
    Yan's claiming he "didn't see the knee down" as was focused on the hands. Hilariously poor excuse.

Meanwhile, Amanda Nunes once again showing there's just no one even close to her. Incredibly dominant.
  • Options
    Nunes is so dominant it's crazy.
  • Options
    Nunes should either fight 2 women or one man going forward. 

But I think this fight was just filler inbetween the other 2. 

Really excited for this. Adesanya big favourite. I back Polish Power. 
  • Options
    Part of me thinks Izzy via question mark kick. Jan has his legs lit up every time he fights, and reacts excessively to them- someone with as much fight IQ and kickboxing experience as Adesanya will know and spot that. 

The best way to deal with someone overreacting to leg kicks? Whip the question mark over the top
  • Options
    Jan is seriously biting on every feint Izzy makes. That's going to be torching his cardio, he needs to be less twitchy if he wants to do this. 
  • Options
    Fantastic performance from Jan and a deserved winner- really intrigued to see those score cards however as god knows how a 49-45 came out there. 
  • Options
    Very flat performance from Izzy, started well but just seemed to stop really trying anything after the 2nd round. In fact all week with the build up it all felt a bit flat, maybe something going on we don't know about. I was confused that he was being made favourite before the fight, Jan is very good and I feel he's always been a bit underrated.