Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Churchino on last season

interesting bit of insight when someone's out of favour

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/Sport.cfm?id=40329&headline=Simon Church: Ex-Addicks boss tried to push me out Valley

Comments

• Poor Simon. I wish he could've done better for us.
  • Be interesting to see how he performs against us on November 3rd .. IF selected
  • Touché Young Churchino.
  • Be interesting to see how he performs against us on November 3rd .. IF selected

He will score, I'd guess.
  • Very dignified.
  • Sponsored links:

• Or Bikey?
  • edited July 2015
    razil said:

Or Bikey?

Bikey has been outed as a troublemaker by people close to the club (could be lies), no one said this of Morro or Churchinder
  • Yeah I agree to a point, was it Bob who first said it?
  • Agree that interview shows he has a bit of class. Hope he does well at MK. While I think he was not good enough for this level, it will be interesting to see how he does there and he may prove us wrong. He'll get a round of applause from me when he's called out at the start of any game against us.
  • Don't shoot the messenger but I was told he was our highest earner.

Makes sense given he was a Bosman but, if true, I can see why we would want him off the wage bill.
  • Swisdom said:

Don't shoot the messenger but I was told he was our highest earner.

Makes sense given he was a Bosman but, if true, I can see why we would want him off the wage bill.

And equally, why he clearly wasn't that keen to come off it....

• Swisdom said:

Church, Bikey or Morrison ?
  • Disappointed that it looks like so many good pros were poorly treated under Peeters. Hope Churchy can revive his career.
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

I hope you are very, very wrong. If he was the highest earner, how much would he have taken out of Charlton ?
  • se9addick said:

Swisdom said:

I hope you are very, very wrong. If he was the highest earner, how much would he have taken out of Charlton ?
    How could Church have been our highest earner ?
  • edited July 2015
    he may have found that if he had found the back of the net a few more times he may have played more games..........I don't recall players like Mendonca, Benty or Igor not being selected on a weekly basis.

sorry, but the guy is just not good enough. I don't agree with how Big Bob treated him, but sometimes its best to move on rather than hanging around.
  • bobmunro said:

PL54 said:

se9addick said:

Swisdom said:

By earning more than any other player?
    How would he earn more than Fuller, TBH, Jackson, Solly, JBG and anyone else who had any ability and reliability ?

Nice chap I am sure but not good enough - who bought him ?
  • PL54 said:

bobmunro said:

PL54 said:

se9addick said:

Swisdom said:

How would he earn more than Fuller, TBH, Jackson, Solly, JBG and anyone else who had any ability and reliability ?

Someone without a wallet and his hands tied.
  • PL54 said:

bobmunro said:

PL54 said:

se9addick said:

Swisdom said:

Nobody did - that was the point
  • I still dont know how he would be our highest earner when he joined in summer 2013 when he had been on trial with us as we had no £!! We had to get rid of Danny Haynes and Ricardo Fuller who in my opinion were better players to trim wage bill so would be madness to offer Simon Church a big contract on the basis of a poor game against Ebbsfleet.
  • Even more respect for Church now,treated poorly by fans only in my opinion and also now by the manager! Really hope he does well in the future and just wish it had worked out with us