Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Tickets Decision Today ?

I have not re newed from last season yet. I expect a relatively full strength side to be selected today, and perhaps our first true indication as to whether the new signings are Clive Mendonca's or Pawll Abbott 's. I really hope to be on the phone Monday getting my new season ticket. Rather, than becoming a pick my game supporter.

Over to you Guy ! And players impress me, make me open my wallet .

I know the your not a real fan brigade will slaughter me for this, with there rain or shine, he'll or high water attitudes. But, I want to be entertained and watch a side with ambition. I want to see us trying to get out the top of this league, not struggling to avoid going out the bottom. I'm sure there are more like me.

Comments

• Options
    Made my decision already. The age for the Seniors concession has been raised from 60 to 65. Won't be buying one.
  • Options
    A lot of people retire early and it's been 60 for a long time.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

A lot of people retire early and it's been 60 for a long time.

If you had one at a concession price last year and fall in the 60-65 bracket you still get the reduced rate.

• Options
    Crusty54 said:

Made my decision already. The age for the Seniors concession has been raised from 60 to 65. Won't be buying one.

Did you have a season ticket last year ?
  • Options
    Changed to a lower paid job closer to home so could get to more games this season. Was able to buy a good seat at a reasonable price when I could get to the ground last time. Thought they wanted bigger crowds but it seems not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:

Crusty54 said:

Yeah in fairness you are going to say CAFC will honour that arrangement. I accept that.

I did not, because I watch my sons play themselves on a saturday,( had one the previous years) but still get down the majority of games.
    Had little to do with how well the team were playing, but I guess it would be for the majority, I will be going, and probably get a half season ticket ( as the weather is so poor, and my son's games after xmas often get called off). Must admit the price does affect me, or should I say it gives me an excuse not to go. Was a season ticket holder for years. The price for the QPR game did seem a bit steep though, ( normally sit lower north).
    Heard from a few people though that they are not buying season tickets, we shall see.
  • Options
    Two words:

Glory Hunter!!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Crusty54 said:

Why should people at working age get a concession? Agree after 65 when it's the retirement age but seriously come off it.
    You think in the modern working world many 60+ people are still working full time? In my experience, most companies can't wait to off-load older workers.
  • Options
    If you go with the flow it should have been raised to 67 which is now the retirement age.
  • Options
    You can still get that travel pass at 60 so the match day cost is going to be cheaper overall still
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

If you go with the flow it should have been raised to 67 which is now the retirement age.

Not until 2028, it ain't.

• Options

I have not re newed from last season yet. I expect a relatively full strength side to be selected today, and perhaps our first true indication as to whether the new signings are Clive Mendonca's or Pawll Abbott 's. I really hope to be on the phone Monday getting my new season ticket. Rather, than becoming a pick my game supporter.

Over to you Guy ! And players impress me, make me open my wallet .

I know the your not a real fan brigade will slaughter me for this, with there rain or shine, he'll or high water attitudes. But, I want to be entertained and watch a side with ambition. I want to see us trying to get out the top of this league, not struggling to avoid going out the bottom. I'm sure there are more like me.

So what did you decide?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

se9addick said:

Crusty54 said:

Yeah in fairness you are going to say CAFC will honour that arrangement. I accept that.

I did not, because I watch my sons play themselves on a saturday,( had one the previous years) but still get down the majority of games.
    Had little to do with how well the team were playing, but I guess it would be for the majority, I will be going, and probably get a half season ticket ( as the weather is so poor, and my son's games after xmas often get called off). Must admit the price does affect me, or should I say it gives me an excuse not to go. Was a season ticket holder for years. The price for the QPR game did seem a bit steep though, ( normally sit lower north).
    Heard from a few people though that they are not buying season tickets, we shall see.
    Lower North is more expensive than a lot of other areas, as we have to charge the same as away fans, for a comparative area.

If you think the price is steep in that area, is it worth considering, not sitting in an expensive area ?
  • Options
    Trying to do mine online now. I am going from the East (my seat since it opened) to the Family Stand.

The site is pretty bad, it gives you all the options of what Zone you would like but no guide to the which Zone is which Block. You have to go to another part of the website.

Apart from that, does anyone know where you add the Valley Gold discount?
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

ST sales right on the 10,000 mark isnt this identical to last year? so for every 'last straw' non renewal someone has stepped in.

I am just glad the football is back,

Come on you rip roaring, foreign sounding, soul ripping, sofa sitting, live streaming, pitch cutting, ticket scanning, a blocking, non championship signing, age discriminating, palace away kit wearing, cringeworthy embarrassing, new mascot drawing addicks!

The club never gave out a figure on season tickets sold for 14/15, so we as supporters don't know if we are up and down on this season's sales.

Anyone who had a season ticket last season but has not renewed for 15/16 had contact from the club asking why, or would they like to renew?

Common sense and a well run business should mean yes to the above.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Crusty54 said:

Lower North is more expensive than a lot of other areas, as we have to charge the same as away fans, for a comparative area.

If you think the price is steep in that area, is it worth considering, not sitting in an expensive area ?
    If the pricing information on the website is accurate, they've reduced the away and lower north prices and increased the upper north, so this anomaly no longer exists. It appears it's £22 and £26, depending on the category of game.
  • Options
    Im on tenterhooks have we heard if Ralphmilne has renewed yet? Guy also has to know if he has got the money in to buy another player?
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

Crusty if 54 denotes the year you were born ?
    i take it you didn't have a concession ticket from last season ?
    Because they won't take away the concession if you were already 60-64 and had a season ticket in 2014/15.

• Options

se9addick said:

Crusty54 said:

If the pricing information on the website is accurate, they've reduced the away and lower north prices and increased the upper north, so this anomaly no longer exists. It appears it's £22 and £26, depending on the category of game.
    Fair enough. I knew it would have changed, if I didn't check.
  • Options
    edited July 2015

Crickey just reminded me , I didn't see our new mascots yesterday, have they got the chop already?
    SE7toSG3 said:

ST sales right on the 10,000 mark isnt this identical to last year? so for every 'last straw' non renewal someone has stepped in.

I am just glad the football is back,

Come on you rip roaring, foreign sounding, soul ripping, sofa sitting, live streaming, pitch cutting, ticket scanning, a blocking, non championship signing, age discriminating, palace away kit wearing, cringeworthy embarrassing, new mascot drawing addicks!

• Options

se9addick said:

Crusty54 said:

Yep and a good idea covered, I did that at the end of last season.
    Trouble is I would prefer to sit with some old friends, in the lower North, I guess I will have to bite the bullet,
    especially for the QPR game. ( as my sons only have a pre-season game) and buy a ticket.