Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Tickets Decision Today ?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I've been picking my games for the past few seasons, being a bit disenchanted by the Spivs and our non communicating owner. But the prices are very low so the way I see it, I am daft not to buy one, even if it means sitting too close to the away end. Hope my eyesight bears up when the ball is down the North End.
  • Options

Crusty has clearly ignored everyone pointing out that they will continue to honour concession rates for 60-64 year olds who bought a concessions ticket last year. I find that oddly suspicious.

If you don't want to go mate, don't. Just don't lie about it to try and justify yourself to us.

Here's an example of some good old fashioned honesty. I've just graduated from university, at the moment I'm working two days a week while looking for a full time job, I can't afford a season ticket so I've not bought one. That doesn't mean I'm not a proper fan, and everyone here is sensible enough to understand that.

Bloody Gloryhunter... Bet if Charlton are top by January and if you've got a better paying job, you'll be straight down the Valley getting a Half-Season Ticket!!
  • Options
    basing your buying a season ticket on a pre season frindly.
  • Options

Crusty has clearly ignored everyone pointing out that they will continue to honour concession rates for 60-64 year olds who bought a concessions ticket last year. I find that oddly suspicious.

If you don't want to go mate, don't. Just don't lie about it to try and justify yourself to us.

Here's an example of some good old fashioned honesty. I've just graduated from university, at the moment I'm working two days a week while looking for a full time job, I can't afford a season ticket so I've not bought one. That doesn't mean I'm not a proper fan, and everyone here is sensible enough to understand that.

Plastic bastard, spend all your wages on the ticket! ;-)
  • Options

It's not that odd if you actually analyse what was said though is it?

Point One. His name is @Crusty54. So assuming the 54 is his year of birth: he would have been sixty last year. Now the T&Cs said last year that the cut-off point for qualifying for the concession was being aged 60 or over on 1st August 2014. If Crusty had a birth date later in the year he wouldn't have qualified.

Point Two. Crusty said "Changed to a lower paid job closer to home so could get to more games this season. Was able to buy a good seat at a reasonable price when I could get to the ground last time. (My emphasis).

So, with half a brain, you can work out that (a) there was a 0.41 probability that he was too young to met the terms for an over 60 season ticket last year and that, (b) in any event, it was unlikely that a season ticket would have been an attractive proposition as he lived too far away and couldn't get to sufficient games to make the purchase of a season ticket a viable option.

Therefore you can conclude with a fair degree of certainty that he doesn't qualify for the "grandfathering" arrangements this year and has only recently found this out and is, reasonably, more than a little disappointed.

What I find oddly suspicious is that you claim to have graduated from university, yet aren't capable of working stuff like this out but instead want to accuse someone of lying. WTF are they teaching people these days?
  • Options
    Shit does that mean I was born in 1921?

Knew my memory was going but didnt think i was that old!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

No, it doesn't.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Ooooor it means that you either joined here when you were 21 or you are 21?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1905 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Where does all this leave me? I am clearly now on borrowed time!

Your Ok, Mr Five past Seven.
  • Options
    1905 said:

Dazzler21 said:

how old do you think I feel!
  • Options
    Well I've been around Forever so beat that!!
  • Options

1905 said:

Dazzler21 said:

how old do you think I feel!
    know you Dave, you feel very young

• Options
    I am not 61 (ish)
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

It's not that odd if you actually analyse what was said though is it?

Point One. His name is @Crusty54. So assuming the 54 is his year of birth: he would have been sixty last year. Now the T&Cs said last year that the cut-off point for qualifying for the concession was being aged 60 or over on 1st August 2014. If Crusty had a birth date later in the year he wouldn't have qualified.

Point Two. Crusty said "Changed to a lower paid job closer to home so could get to more games this season. Was able to buy a good seat at a reasonable price when I could get to the ground last time. (My emphasis).

So, with half a brain, you can work out that (a) there was a 0.41 probability that he was too young to met the terms for an over 60 season ticket last year and that, (b) in any event, it was unlikely that a season ticket would have been an attractive proposition as he lived too far away and couldn't get to sufficient games to make the purchase of a season ticket a viable option.

Therefore you can conclude with a fair degree of certainty that he doesn't qualify for the "grandfathering" arrangements this year and has only recently found this out and is, reasonably, more than a little disappointed.

What I find oddly suspicious is that you claim to have graduated from university, yet aren't capable of working stuff like this out but instead want to accuse someone of lying. WTF are they teaching people these days?
    Understand the disappointment - he's not the only one and some of us counting down the seasons until we get that concession have just had to add another five years.

When I started paying NI at aged 18, I was told I would get my state pension at 65 - I now have to wait a further two years.

The ST issue, as I posted earlier will cost Crusty another £40.

The pension (at todays rates) will cost me £15,600 in income.

I know who are the real thieving bastards in this issue.

• Options
    edited July 2015
    Some people make me laugh,

I will only buy a season ticket if we have a good pre season, or if we spend decent money.

I bought my season ticket the day the went on sale as I am sure a many other people did, unfortunately due to my new job I have had to send it back now and believe me when I say, sending the email to the club asking for a refund was the hardest thing I have had to do in ages and virtually killed me.
  • Options
    Where did you bring your season ticket?
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

I'm not "claiming" anything. That's a fact big man, one I'm pretty proud of.
  • Options

I will only buy a season ticket if we have a good pre season, or if we spend decent money.

I bought my season ticket the day the went on sale as I am sure a many other people did, unfortunately due to my new job I have had to send it back now and believe me when I say, sending the email to the club asking for a refund was the hardest thing I have had to do in ages and virtually killed me.

You make me laugh !

Call yourself a real fan, you shouldn't have taken a job that stops you going to games. F!!k of to Chelsea with all the other, it's my club but I don,t go !

As it happens I will be buying that makes me a far, far, far better fan than you ! However, must say think there's a lot of work before this lot hit the top 6.

An Paulie, this is tounge in cheek .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

You make me laugh !

Call yourself a real fan, you shouldn't have taken a job that stops you going to games. F!!k of to Chelsea with all the other, it's my club but I don,t go !

As it happens I will be buying that makes me a far, far, far better fan than you ! However, must say think there's a lot of work before this lot hit the top 6.

An Paulie, this is tounge in cheek .
    you wont be getting any tips now :wink: (I should say my new job is at William Hill)