Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Attendance yesterday

2»

Comments

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Pity that season ticket holders were not allowed in as a freebie (or were they ?) .. that would have been a very good marketing ploy as well as a goodwill gesture .. how is the gate money split for these games .. anyone in 'the know' ?

By agreement, which in turn impinges on giving comps to season-ticket holders. More importantly, the club would probably have made a loss on the game if it let season-ticket holders in for nothing - the net ticket revenue would only be about £50k-£55k from that gate (say roughly 4,500 @ £8.33, 3,500 at £4.16 and 500 comps) as it is. I should think costs were £15-20k, before any police bill.
    Dont prem teams charge an appearance fee for friendlies these days as well?
    Maybe it was part of the Poyet deal?
  • Options
    think the general crowd was lifted by non-Addicks in the home stands. Looking at Beds photos, i can pick out a fair few people i know myself are not Charlton fans.

personally, i thought the level of fan interest in this game was probably a lot lower than expected.
  • Options

Pity that season ticket holders were not allowed in as a freebie (or were they ?) .. that would have been a very good marketing ploy as well as a goodwill gesture .. how is the gate money split for these games .. anyone in 'the know' ?

By agreement, which in turn impinges on giving comps to season-ticket holders. More importantly, the club would probably have made a loss on the game if it let season-ticket holders in for nothing - the net ticket revenue would only be about £50k-£55k from that gate (say roughly 4,500 @ £8.33, 3,500 at £4.16 and 500 comps) as it is. I should think costs were £15-20k, before any police bill.
    thanks A B
  • Options
    Does that mean it will now go on restricted sale and hit the overall gate