Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marko Dmitrovic to A.D. Alcorcon on season long loan (confirmed)

Comments

• Options
    The reason's clear from Callumcafc's first post - as a flamboyant potter player, Marko just wants the biggest hits with the pottery elastic...
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Taylor (goalkeeper), released by Leeds, training with us know

News such as this is not going to light up the CL forum, but I see loaning a journeyman who knows English football is a good short-term, (or maybe longer) answer. Of course, the fill-in MUST be better than the loaners (eg. the likeable Etheridge) we have seen in recent years.
  • Options
    no problem with Taylor as within a month he'll be number three behind Hendo and Pope, in fact sign him on a short term contract.
  • Options

How utterly ludicrous and how absolutely typical of this ridiculous regime.

Good luck Marko. See you at future Euros or the World Cup when Serbia gets its mojo back

I know you've spoken of this before, but I've also heard that he's considered an important part of the emerging Serbian "golden generation."
  • Options
    So today we shipped out two goalkeepers:

- Our First team goalkeeper; and
    - A promising youth goalkeeper, respected at his youth level in his home nation.

In total we received £0.00..? In fact it appears we actually paid off the contract of the first one?
  • Options
    Marko definitely established himself last season at Alcorcon and will no doubt be happy with a permanent move there: it is a tidy little club pushing well above its weight and only missed the playoffs on goal difference. They have a new manager in former Getafe coach Cosmin Contra, and will be challenging for promotion to La Liga again.

I really don't understand what we get out of this network relationship though. The times I have seen Alcorcon I always think of how we should pull in a couple of their young players on loan as they look decent and have a well developed youth system. Their B team is even in the fourth league, probably equivalent to Conference National or South standard. Surely a skilful young Spaniard or two could do a job for us, and be good for them long term as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Top level Spanish athletes tend to struggle in England. Forgive me for not being too keen on Rodrigo, 19, whose made 2 starts for second division Alcorcon.
  • Options
    RD underestimated English football when he bought us which has meant only the better Standard Liege reserves were good enough to play over here.
  • Options
    Looks like Marko is off to play in La Liga with Eibar. Although he will be 3rd choice.

http://m.noticiasdegipuzkoa.com/2017/06/23/deportes/futbol/marko-dmitrovic-es-el-elegido
  • Options
    Don't know how he got on at Alcorcon but we could certainly use him. Looked decent the one time I saw him and he seems to be a part of that highly rates Serbian generation.
  • Options

Established himself as Eibar number 1 in La Liga last season and now Marca are linking him with Barcelona as a replacement for Jasper Cillessen.

http://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2018/07/21/5b525e6d46163f6b6a8b4609.html

Imagine the scenes , Aussies announce the takeover deal completed as Duchatelet does a final goodbye piece with Rich Cawley
    “The fans were wrong, I would have taken them to the premier league - even my scouting guy huh was right... driesden scouted lenglet and dmitrovic who now play for Barcelona”
  • Options
    2 former "network" keepers linked with barca today.
  • Options
    Man of the match last for Serbia in their 1-1 draw away to Germany.

Young Driesen knows his stuff!
  • Options
    Sadly tarred with the Thuram brush

Interesting that Etheridge from the same period has also gone on to be successful, indeed former Charlton keepers have had remarkable success in recent years
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sadly tarred with the Thuram brush

Interesting that Etheridge from the same period has also gone on to be successful, indeed former Charlton keepers have had remarkable success in recent years
    We've had plenty of them. Thuram was the only really bad one - couldn't catch the ball.
  • Options
    I'm sure that was a technicality that didn't bother RD.
  • Options
    Can't be easy as a goalkeeper coming into a team that were leaking goals for fun
  • Options
    I noticed that Eibar his unfashionable Spanish clubside have crept into the top half of La Liga too.

When I saw him in Prague with Serbia u -21 he convinced me. Another one that Duchatelet moved on without even getting anywhere near the right price. 
  • Options
    Wasn't he linked with Barca in the summer.  Not a Tommy D signing persay, seemed stupid to let him go at the same time we sold Pope and let Henderson leave. 
  • Options
    He was sent to us from Ujpest. Driesen has FA to do with him, as he joined Ujpest before RD bought them.

There's no point in dreaming about a Charlton team which includes Dmitrovic/Pope, Gomez, Morrison, Cousins, Kermorgant, Lookman, and Grant. Football doesn't work that way,and the timeline doesn't fit easily. 

There is every point though in looking at the fees (if any) obtained for those players, and asking whether Duchatelet fully displayed his business genius in maximising those fees
  • Options
    He was sent to us from Ujpest. Driesen has FA to do with him, as he joined Ujpest before RD bought them.

There's no point in dreaming about a Charlton team which includes Dmitrovic/Pope, Gomez, Morrison, Cousins, Kermorgant, Lookman, and Grant. Football doesn't work that way,and the timeline doesn't fit easily. 

There is every point though in looking at the fees (if any) obtained for those players, and asking whether Duchatelet fully displayed his business genius in maximising those fees
    Dmitrovic moved to another network club so a fee was never going to come into play, like when Watt joined us. 

But of course your point is valid. I haven’t had any issue with 90% of the players who have left, it’s the fact that Roland sold the majority of them on the cheap. That in itself has cost him millions. Maybe he would reduce the price of the club by 10 million if he had done that. But it was obviously his fault not that he would admit it. 

• Options
    It was clear to see he was decent.

He was very young when he was with us, in unfamiliar surroundings but it was obvious he had a load of potential.  Glad he's done well for himself because he didn't ask for any of the crap - he was just doing his job.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Started and impressed in Serbia’s 1-1 draw away at Portugal.