Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Marko Dmitrovic to A.D. Alcorcon on season long loan (confirmed)

13»

Comments

• Options

Atletico Madrid have made Eibar's Marko Dmitrovic their top goalkeeping target in the transfer window, with the Serbian being eyed to provide back-up for Jan Oblak between the sticks.

With Oblak's current understudy Antonio Adan looking increasingly likely to join Portuguese side Sporting, the Rojiblancos see Dmitrovic as the ideal replacement for the 33-year-old former Real Madrid youth player.

Dmitrovic has a €20 million buyout clause.

• Options
    He looked very solid when we had him. I remember one absolutely stunning save.

good luck to the guy
  • Options
    At CAFC, Marco was quite raw, and was in the mould of Dillon Phillips who was a shot stopper who didn't come that far off his line.
    It looks like Dmitrovic will join the long list of our Ex Keepers who have played at a higher level than Charlton.  
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Can anyone do a quick list of Marko's 5 games for Charlton please? 

I know I saw him once in a home game and was pretty impressed. Seem to remember he made an amazing close range save at the away end. 

His wiki page says he's 6ft 4"....I thought he seemed a fairly small keeper. 
  • Options
    0-0 away at Wolves
    1-1 home to Rotherham - they equalised in the last minute which is very unlike us.......
    Lost 3-1 at Middlesbrough
    Lost 3-2 home to Norwich

Are the 4 games he started then Henderson came back in. He made a sub appearance too but not sure what game.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Thanks Chris.

I saw both of the home games and I think it was the Rotherham one where he made the brilliant save. We looked like we'd snatched it near the end. Lepoint laid off for Cousins to squeeze one in but then it all went a bit wrong....
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    He came on as sub for Cardiff (A) 
  • Options
    He has come on in leaps and bounds and regularly receives rave reviews for performances in La Liga, and made the Serbia WC team in 2018. One that got away certainly
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    He has come on in leaps and bounds and regularly receives rave reviews for performances in La Liga, and made the Serbia WC team in 2018. One that got away certainly
    Saw him playing for Serbia U21 in Prague in the tournament. He looked a very promising keeper. As is often the case with Serbia he had a very dodgy defence in front of him, and against the Czechs he saved them from an utter mauling.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Saw him playing for Serbia U21 in Prague in the tournament. He looked a very promising keeper. As is often the case with Serbia he had a very dodgy defence in front of him, and against the Czechs he saved them from an utter mauling.
    When he played his few Championship matches for Charlton, he had a dodgy defence in front of him. :smile:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was impressed with him when he came in and thought it was a shame we got rid of him. Having said that though, I can't remember a season since Dmitrovic where we've had a bad keeper. Henderson, Pope, Rudd, Amos, Steer and Dillon were all excellent for us. Even before that, ignoring Thuram we had Hamer, Alnwick and Button who all did really well. I think it's not since Nicky Weaver that I've felt we really needed to sort out what was going on in goal
  • Options
    I was impressed with him when he came in and thought it was a shame we got rid of him. Having said that though, I can't remember a season since Dmitrovic where we've had a bad keeper. Henderson, Pope, Rudd, Amos, Steer and Dillon were all excellent for us. Even before that, ignoring Thuram we had Hamer, Alnwick and Button who all did really well. I think it's not since Nicky Weaver that I've felt we really needed to sort out what was going on in goal
    I’m going to get pelters for this.....I know he has gone on to much bigger and better things but Nick Pope was far from “excellent” for us.

*Runs for cover* 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Another poor signing by RD?
    Dont think anyone has ever said he was a poor signing!!

Bit like Piotr Parzyszek in the sense that Roland / Mowgli didnt give them a chance to settle into a new environment

If they didnt hit the ground running they'd either be loaned out (abroad so wouldnt get to learn the English game) or sold
  • Options

Indeed Marko is an excellent keeper and a decent guy. I had the opportunity to have a good chat with him at a PoTY dinner. Definitely one of the casualties of the RD era.

And, to the above list of fine goalies should we not add the name of Etheridge?

• Options
    Also Randalph.
  • Options
    Pope and dmitrovic on the books at the same time and both struggled to get gametime behind Stephen Henderson!
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    I’m going to get pelters for this.....I know he has gone on to much bigger and better things but Nick Pope was far from “excellent” for us.

*Runs for cover* 
    I thought he was good and showed a lot of promise. He was only 23 in the season when he took over as number 1 and you could tell that he had bags of potential. He made some absolutely outstanding saves for us, but he had a weakness towards shots hit into his chest bouncing out that cost us some goals. I think for Pope that was focused on more than other keepers though; Dillon has shown that he's not great at pushing out low shots to the side of him to safety and we've conceded a few where he's allowed shots to spring away and provide an opportunity for loitering attackers, or even the Hull one where he pushed a low header into his own net. They're not massively dissimilar weaknesses but Pope's has been focused on a lot more than Dillon's. Pope was good enough for us to alert Premier League teams to his ability and I was never deeply concerned with him in goal like I was with Weaver or even Elliot at times.
  • Options
    Another poor signing by RD?
    Under RD we bought in individuals, many of whom had never played UK football, chucked them on a pitch and told them to "spread out". Frankly it did not really matter who they were.  Classic RD, lob cash at one part but skimp on the other.

Bowyer/Gallen mould teams and use their skills to pick the right characters.

If RD had spent the money he spent but had a competent CEO and manager/DoF we would have had a chance of EPL but instead he trusted a load of inexperienced kids like Meire, Drysden and Freaye to make big decisions.