Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hopes for the new season

Comments

• Options
    Get 50-55 points and see where we go from there.

Rotherham, MK Dons and perhaps Huddersfield will be worse than us hopefully!
  • Options
    If we miraculously managed to keep the current squad injury and suspension-free then I think we would be in the play-offs or at least challenging come the end of the season.

The harsh reality of the championship would suggest that we need to draft in some decent cover at center half, right back and possibly midfield too if we are to maintain a constant flow of gaining points throughout the season.
  • Options
    Got my usual preseason optimism that this is our year based on nothing at all really.

Hopefully we are around the top 8 for most of the season, playing exciting attacking football, would just be nice to be one of the talked about teams again.
  • Options
    Jury's out for me.
  • Options
    74 points.
  • Options
    I dread the Play Offs.

Not sure i can deal with the hope, excitement and then the tears at the end of it. The shear disapointment of starting all over again is a killer for me.

Top 2 or 10th for me please Roly.
  • Options
    78 points and playoffs
  • Options
    Top ten at Crimbo and then see where we go from there
  • Options
    1 Will we be able to get a programme ?

2 Will be able to get past the new entry system ?

JOKING !

Top half finish minimum.

But If Henderson misses a lot of games and the replacement(s) cost us points like last season, who knows.

Also, Vetokele is clearly not fit so it leaves Makienok and Watt plus KHG.

If one of them gets injured as well, it leaves one experienced striker.

If Watt & Makienok, don't hit it off, it could leave us struggling to score goals.

I'm hoping we'll be pushing for 5th/6th.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2015
    2013/14. 18th
    2014/15. 12th
    2015/16. 8th = this would be best we could hope for because as The teams who now finish in the top 6 have the fire power up front which we don't have.
    Unless the Igor from the first 10 games last season shows up.

The only fans who would be disappointed with this are the fans who have raised the BA too high and think we are going up.
    It's looks a much stronger squad since this time last year but we could be playing catch up again unless someone/anyone can step up regarding putting the ball in the net.
  • Options
    We've got a very tough start. If we can weather that and be within touching distance of a top six spot come Christmas then, who knows, RD may get the cheque book out again.

Realistically, I would be happy with a solid top half performance.
  • Options
    John Robinson once said 50 points by the end of January and see where we go from there.
    As for play offs, well automatic promotion is everybody's dream, but play offs, I say bring it on, no melting in that situation, feck 'em all!
    It would be more or less criminal under this regime to finish lower than last season, and relegation would be a hanging offence (although I am against capital punishment actually).
  • Options
    Wholesale changes in player personnel mean that for my first couple of games (Rams & Forest) I will be seeing over half the team take the field for the first time .. this is eagerly anticipated .. wholesale player turnover at many/most clubs is the norm nowadays, we have joined in with a vengeance. On the proverbial paper, the new look team is exciting and looks strong, with the caveat that few have played in England before.

I'm thinking back to the Powell early times when his new look squad walked the 1st Division title, this era is similar .. I am hoping for a similar outcome for our new and exciting squad, anything could happen from promotion to relegation .. BUT .. the same could be said for quite a few clubs in our division this coming season .. win, lose or draw, I intend to enjoy every minute .. winning of course would make my enjoyment even more satisfactory
  • Options

whatever happens this season, hats off to RD / KM and the rest of the board for backing Guy.

we seem to have a pretty decent looking squad at the moment, young and all on long contracts and the squad now (on paper) has certainly exceeded my expectations.

whether they all work out or not is the million dollar question...I've a sneaky suspicion we'll surprise a few

I agree.

Long term deals for your assets means you are less likely to lose them for nothing or very little (Poyet, Hamer, Yann etc)

Long term deals for your assets means stability (assuming they settle in SE London) and the chance to build a team without key players worrying about next season's pay packet.

Only Cousins to wrap up now. And Igor and Hendo to get fit.

A word of caution though.

I go into every season thinking "we could do it, you know, this might just be our year" but so do fans of every club.

Other clubs have strengthened also, sometimes spending bigger than us to add to already strong squads.

So this won't be a free ride.

But who cares. The football is nearly here, Charlton are playing in red, at the Valley, the Red Red Robin is still being played and we are going to have a go.

That's enough for now. After 10 games we can re-evaluate the summer signings, hopefully upward.

Live, Love, Laugh and Be Happy.
    And hopefully a bit more commitment from the players, and a lot less chopping and changing.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    I was going to say two wins over L***s Utd would do for me but on reflection I may be a little disappointed if we finish the season with six points. So two wins over L***s Utd and seventy points picked up elsewhere and I'll be satisfied.
  • Options
    think play offs is a reassonable target to expect personally.
  • Options

Jury's out for me.

Good luck with that one.

• Options
    Cheerleaders, Goal music and a knight battling a giant robin at half time.
  • Options
    Anyone know if Reza, polish Pete, nego or moussa have featured at all in pre season? Is the latter still injured? Looking increasingly unlikely that the other three have a future at the club but who knows?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A three match winning streak from 5th December, and a decent enough first half of the season to warrant some decent coverage on sky.
  • Options
    drewman said:

Anyone know if Reza, polish Pete, nego or moussa have featured at all in pre season? Is the latter still injured? Looking increasingly unlikely that the other three have a future at the club but who knows?

Reza & Polish Pete no, I think Nego played at least one match, Moussa still injured
  • Options
    Greenie said:

We will be promoted.

I'm fed up of your bleedin' attitude this pre season greenie
  • Options
    drewman said:

Loic Nego played 45mins against Dagenham
  • Options
    Chris Powell reinstated as manager.
  • Options
    drewman said:

Oh yeah Moussa still plays for us doesn't he?

Forgot all about him.
  • Options

drewman said:

Loic Nego played 45mins against Dagenham
    Was he any good? With Wilson and Gomez gone we need cover for the midweek games if solly cant play.
  • Options
    drewman said:

Moussa is a myth made up to cover the fact we had to retire the number 10 shirt after we gave it to Marvin Sordell. Fact.
  • Options
    As many wins as losses from the first 5 games.
  • Options
    I hope we take the league cup a little more seriously