Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hopes for the new season

Comments

• Options
    Avoid relegation first and foremost. Many a slip tween cup and lip.
  • Options
    I think we will need to be patient and give the new players time to gel. As a result I envisage us being bottom half of the league come September but after that I think we will have a good season and finish top 10.

We might even sneak into the playoffs but I don't want to get too carried away!

• Options
    drewman said:

Anyone know if Reza, polish Pete, nego or moussa have featured at all in pre season? Is the latter still injured? Looking increasingly unlikely that the other three have a future at the club but who knows?

I see Reza got a run out tonight! And Nego got some time too. Anyone go and can give a verdict on how they looked?
  • Options
    We've bought a lot of players who have no experience of English football and who probably need a season to adjust.
    We won't be in trouble but I can't see us in the play offs. 9-14 I reckon.
  • Options
    We are, on paper and imho, a far stronger squad and with Henry and one other potential first teamer than this time last year with a settled and competent manager, it's top six for me.
  • Options
    Top 6 for me.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Valley11 said:

We've bought a lot of players who have no experience of English football and who probably need a season to adjust.
    We won't be in trouble but I can't see us in the play offs. 9-14 I reckon.

Thinking the same, with another 2-3 players brought in by the transfer window I reckon we will be able to at least match last years performance (12th).
  • Options
    Hopefully we can at the very least 3 years on match what CP managed to with his team.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

I hope we take the league cup a little more seriously

So you don't want the team who played at Southend to show up ?

• Options
    Nothing complicated from me. Some decent football, and nice run towards the play offs with hopefully a trip to Wembley.....that would be nice
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm hoping to get back for a couple of away days
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    We have a REALLY difficult start, we might realistically only have 3-4 points by Sept and that would see us around the bottom, its then a question if we keep enough confidence to move back up. I think the QPR game could be important to set the sort of season we can expect.
  • Options
    Not expecting play-offs but would be delighted if we make them.

Would be disappointed if we regress this season and finish in the bottom half of the table.

In between, all I'd like to see is a strong home record and a couple of convincing 4-0 wins.
  • Options
    to early to say, but often it is an advantage to play the supposed top teams early as they too will be acclimatising new players into their teams
  • Options
    We will be taller this year.
  • Options
    edited July 2015

We will be taller this year.

But, I've been assured that length isn't everything!
  • Options
    Not to get dragged into a relegation dogfight like 2013/14.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Halix said:

We have a REALLY difficult start, we might realistically only have 3-4 points by Sept and that would see us around the bottom, its then a question if we keep enough confidence to move back up. I think the QPR game could be important to set the sort of season we can expect.

Sorry after reviewing the Queens Park Rangers squad they no longer scare me... Derby have a new Manager who has never held that position before so could easily be another Sammy Lee / Les Reid, Nottingham Forest again dont really worry me either as they're under a transfer embargo and we've got quite a good record against them recently.

Hull City... Not sure about them, reckon they could be dark horses this year whilst Wolves... Again we comfortably drew at their place in January and they've not really strengthened (i.e. replacing Sako with Jed Wallace)

Wouldnt be surprised if we stole a couple of wins in August, although equally wouldnt be surprised if we were bottom by September (its the Charlton way)
  • Options
    Ideally to improve on last season, but my head feels to stay up without a struggle.
  • Options
    With just over a week to go to the start, i feel our weakness in the first month may be in both boxes. The goalkeeper situation and the goal scoring.
    The two most important areas of play. The squad looks stronger in all other positions.
    could finish as high as 8th if Igor comes good.
    As low as 14th if we are goal shy and Henderson is injury prone or Pope doesn't step up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have to admit to being very pessimistic about the season which sounds daft as I have only been to Welling and have no idea really about the new signings. Just think we will struggle for goals and have a bad feeling Makienok wiĺl become a scape goat. Watt also worries me as he went off form at the end of the season possibly? But I have a feeling KAG will make an impact this season. As with most people the goalie situation is worrying and I have a feeling Pope needs to do well v Bolton. I also think I worry far too much!!!
  • Options

Not expecting play-offs but would be delighted if we make them.

Would be disappointed if we regress this season and finish in the bottom half of the table.

In between, all I'd like to see is a strong home record and a couple of convincing 4-0 wins.

I am sure we will have some comfortable 4-0 wins this season. Seriously though a push for the play offs would be real progress.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I would like to see a good brand of football and not the weekly second half retreat after leading we had for the first 2 thirds of last season.

Obviously more solid away but would love to see us give it a go against every team who comes here with a postive line up and formatio and the fans will back Luzon.

8th
  • Options
    I really don't know what the quality of the new players are. If they're any good then top half and maybe chances of play offs. If they're no good it could be a train wreck of a season.

Hope to have more of an idea after seeing them a couple of times but 5 mins of you tube highlights of a friendly at Bolton is not a basis for extrapolating performance over a season.
  • Options
    I predict no grey area at all. This will be a mega season or a disaster. The question that needs answering more than any other is re Luzon. Is this man an absolute genius or a complete muppet. After an initial settling in period for the new boys we will either crash and burn or we will be pushing at the top.
    I predict.....Premiership via playoffs.
  • Options
    70 points.
  • Options
    More than 14 chips and improved vegetarian choice.

And Champions
  • Options
    I agree that at this moment without Igor it's very hard to see our strike force of Mak, TW and KAG scoring a hatful of goals. I don't think either Mak or Watt are that type of 20 goal players. KAG is young and one day we hope might be but right now he's not.

We also need the GK situation sorted out. I hope Nick is the answer but there has been enough discussion on here to at least question whether or not he will be.

What I am happy with is every other area where I think there is more goals than we are used to. That spread load will I think keep us well out of trouble even if it doesn't allow a play off push.

If Igor gets fit and back to his best then things just might be different. Come on Igor. We need you.
  • Options

70 points.

Welcome to Charlton Life, Katrien.

70 points will see us in about 8th or 9th.

so near yet so far from the promised land.

As long as we improve how League position for the 3rd season in a row and by a whopping 10 points how can we not take that, considering we don't have a 15 goal a season player in our side,(Igor get fit, Magic feet Tony please prove me wrong)

Onwards and upwards.

• Options
    Gain a reputation for playing entertaining football.
    15 plus home league wins with very few defeats.
    A decent cup run.
    Top ten league finish.
    That will do fine for me.