Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Carling Cup second round draw (Peterborough away)

Just checked...

It's tomorrow night after Leeds and we won't be getting a prem team as:

The victorious teams from Round 1 will be joined by Premier League sides who aren't competing in Europe. The draw will be seeded, with the 12 Premier League teams seeded alongside the top 12 winners from Round 1. 

So... we gotta be seeded, right?

Comments

• Options

Assume yes.

What round does the competition cease being regional?
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Correct!

Seeded teams are
    Swansea, Stoke, Crystal Palace, Everton, West Brom, Leicester, Newcastle, Sunderland, Aston Villa, Bournemouth, Watford and Norwich
    plus
    Hull, QPR, Ipswich, Wolves, Birmingham, Cardiff, Charlton, Sheffield Wednesday and Fulham
    plus
    Derby, Middlesbrough and Leeds if they progress
    if not
    Reading, Brighton and Rotherham are ready to take their place among the seeds.

Chelsea, Man C, Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham, Southampton and West Ham join in the third round.
  • Options

Assume yes.

What round does the competition cease being regional?

Only the first round is regional as far as I know.
  • Options
    Who do we want?
    Another home tie against a League One/Two side I'm assuming and hopefully another win
  • Options

Correct!

Seeded teams are
    Swansea, Stoke, Crystal Palace, Everton, West Brom, Leicester, Newcastle, Sunderland, Aston Villa, Bournemouth, Watford and Norwich
    plus
    Hull, QPR, Ipswich, Wolves, Birmingham, Charlton, Sheffield Wednesday, Fulham and Reading
    plus
    if not
    Brighton, Rotherham and MK Dons are ready to take their place among the seeds.

Chelsea, Man C, Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham, Southampton and West Ham join in the third round.

Already out of Europe, why aren't they in the draw?
  • Options
    we'll get Luton away.
  • Options
    edited August 2015

Who do we want?
    Another home tie against a League One/Two side I'm assuming and hopefully another win

An away tie at a nearish (so I can get there after work) team that we haven't played recently.
  • Options
    What date is the next round?
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    localish teams;

barnet, brighton ??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i assumed 5th of sep as no league game, but that is international weekend
  • Options
    2 weeks today.
  • Options
    It will be Oxford, of course...
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Unseeded teams will be
    Shrewsbury, Oxford, Carlisle, Hartlepool, Notts County, Luton, Barnet, MK Dons, Sheff Utd, Northampton, Walsall, Peterborough, Gillingham, Port Vale, Rochdale, Barnsley, Exeter, Bury, York, Burton, Crewe/Preston
    plus
    Reading, Brighton, Rotherham
    unless
    Oldham beat Middlesbrough, Portsmouth beat Derby and/or Doncaster beat Leeds
    in which case
    Reading would be bumped up into the seeded teams, followed by Brighton if there are two upsets and finally Rotherham if all three Championship sides were to lose.

Hope that all makes sense. :-)
  • Options

Correct!

Seeded teams are
    plus
    Hull, QPR, Ipswich, Wolves, Birmingham, Charlton, Sheffield Wednesday, Fulham and Reading
    plus
    if not

Errr - because there would be an extra team......
  • Options

Correct!

Seeded teams are
    plus
    plus
    if not

It is irrelevant that they are already out. They are one of eight English teams that qualified for Europe this season and so enter at the third round.
  • Options
    Would personally like a League Two team at home or would take Gillingham away.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I'd like Notts C, Barnet, Northampton, York or Burton away, as would be new grounds.

(Although I did go to the old grounds of Barnet & Northampton).
  • Options

Unseeded teams will be
    Shrewsbury, Oxford, Carlisle, Hartlepool, Notts County, Luton, Barnet, MK Dons, Sheff Utd, Northampton, Walsall, Peterborough, Gillingham, Port Vale, Rochdale, Barnsley, Exeter, Bury, York, Burton, Crewe/Preston

And for that reason...I'm out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Exeter away would suit me. Down the road. :-)
  • Options

I'd like Notts C, Barnet, Northampton, York or Burton away. as would be new grounds.

Cross your fingers for York away, as the ground won't be there in a few seasons
  • Options
    Barnet away would be good. Or home to any lower league team.

Then at the risk of shooting myself in the foot would love a London prem team away.
  • Options
    I THINK the next round games take place during the week of the proposed Underground strike ie affecting both the Tues and Thurs of that week ?

Might have an impact on some Addicks making their way to our match, depending on where it is played....
  • Options
    Crewe away please.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Will be interesting to watch Derby at Portsmouth tonight. Wondering what kind of team they will put out and whether we can get any indication of Clement's favoured tactics.
  • Options

Will be interesting to watch Derby at Portsmouth tonight. Wondering what kind of team they will put out and whether we can get any indication of Clement's favoured tactics.

Look out for Guy in the stand - maybe dressed up in the Robin outfit as a disguise.
  • Options
    Oxford, Gillingham, Barnet away would be of most away interest for a midweek night game.

I will go ( promise ) if it's any of those.
  • Options

I'd like Notts C, Barnet, Northampton, York or Burton away. as would be new grounds.

Cross your fingers for York away, as the ground won't be there in a few seasons
    Leave off. In that case I don't want York away. The away ground rule, only counts if they are current grounds as far as I'm concerned. That's why I don't count Barnet or Northampton, even though I went to their old grounds.

I think Darren Pitcher made his debut at the Northampton away game. Ok, I'm sad I know.