Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

La Liga 2015-2016

Comments

• Options
    Enjoyable game and Messi made the difference when he came on. Atletico really missing the flair and guile of Arda Turan, who can't even play for Barcelona until January.

Is there a more unlikeable player currently in the game than Luis Suarez?
  • Options
    A very open start to the season, with Villareal on top after beating Atletico last night and Celta Vigo also pushing Real and Barcelona. Messi injury last night puts him out for two months.

Going to try and pick up tickets today for the Madrid derby at the Calderón. Amazing atmosphere there on a match day, and even more frenzied against their snooty neighbours.
  • Options
    Real Madrid away to tiny Eibar this afternoon. If Eibar win they will be only a point behind Real with a third of the season gone. Interesting fact: the whole of the population of Eibar would occupy less than a third of the capacity of the Bernabeu!
  • Options
    CM, i thought Eibar got relegated last season - obviously not.
    Amazing story.
  • Options
    They stayed up as one team got deducted points. Can't remember who though.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Eibar were reprieved as Elche were demoted. Lost two nil today but still around the European places - incredible for such a small team. Bit of a precedent with the small town overachieving Villareal as well.
  • Options
    Just watched Barcelona v Real Betis game. Unbelievable refereeing, to the point of he must have been got at.

A cross comes over from the Barca left, Messi is arriving on the blind side to meet it, but the GK comes off his line to clear with a full length dive and a double fisted punch to clear. Messi clatters into the GK waist-high a second later. Penalty!!!???? The Real Betis players go nutty, the manager Pepe Mel gets sent to the stand. Messi is out cold, so can't take the penalty.
    Up steps Neymar. He tries a clever stutter step run-up, slips, scoops the ball double-footed towards goal, which loops up onto the cross-bar. The ball drops, Rakatic kicks the Betis defender Westermann on the back of the leg, causing the German to hit the ball into his own net. Not only is the penalty illegal, it's a foul on the defender, but no the dopey/bent referee gives a goal! Unbelievable Jeff!
  • Options
    Is this the Spain that along with France took money so that it voted for Qatar in the World Cup voting?

No question the League is as bent if so!!
  • Options

Is this the Spain that along with France took money so that it voted for Qatar in the World Cup voting?

No question the League is as bent if so!!

Also the Spain who allegedly gave bribes when they applied to host the 2018 World Cup.
  • Options
    Four very dodgy decisions in the Real Madrid v Real Sociedad game last night as well: ref gave two very soft penalties to Real and didn't give two what looked like very good penalty shouts for the Basques. As this morning's newspaper headline says : 'The referee saves Benitez'.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Four very dodgy decisions in the Real Madrid v Real Sociedad game last night as well: ref gave two very soft penalties to Real and didn't give two what looked like very good penalty shouts for the Basques. As this morning's newspaper headline says : 'The referee saves Benitez'.

The Sociedad President wants to report the Referee to the police apparently...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3379574/Real-Sociedad-threaten-report-referee-Jose-Luis-Gonzalez-Gonzalez-police-dubious-display-Real-Madrid-defeat.html
  • Options

just settling down to watch Villareal v Valencia.

Enjoyed the Rayo Vallecano v Atletico game yesterday. Rayo were a progressive 3-1-4-2 system which added to a good game. The Rayo atmosphere reminded me of the Valley pre-premiership. Have you been there?
  • Options
    Fantastic atmosphere at Rayo and I enjoy going there every now and again, although my wife has sworn never to come with me again due to the state of the ladies toilets: to describe the ground as old school doesn't really cover it!

I have a mate who lives here who goes all the time and did a great recent piece on them for When Saturday Comes which gives a really good overview of the club and their recent history.

Off to Sevilla for a few days and hoping to get to Real Betis v Eibar on Sunday. Have managed to get to most La Liga grounds on holidays over the years, with Athletic Bilbao's San Mames probably being the highlight - superb atmosphere there.
  • Options
    I'm off to watch Valencia v Real Madrid on Sunday with the kids, late Xmas present for them. Looking forward to a break from what's being served up at the Valley this season
  • Options
    Rokudan said:

I'm off to watch Valencia v Real Madrid on Sunday with the kids, late Xmas present for them. Looking forward to a break from what's being served up at the Valley this season

Real Madrid win 0-3 :smile:
  • Options
    @CharltonMadrid - It's probably early days yet, but I can't see what Gary Neville is trying to do with Valencia? In the last game before he took over, Voro had them playing some good football in a 4-5-1/4-3-3 against Barcelona, to nick a point. In this defeat at Villarreal, it was 4-1-3-2, with the right midfielder Barragnan constantly pushed back as a 5th defender. if he's gone for Defensive organisation above creative attacking play, it's dull.

@Rokudan - great Xmas present for the kids. @Covered End is probably right in his prediction, 0-3 to Real, especially if they get another biased ref giving them penalties.

• Options
    I really can't see Gary Neville succeeding at Valencia, much as I would like to. They seem to be going backwards under him and the language problems aren't going to help. He has already had to clarify a badly translated statement that sounded overly critical of his predecessor and the fans are already unimpressed by him. A club of Valencia's size should be in the top four, not mid table.

Mind you, like so many clubs here their finances are complete chaos. They got halfway through building a new stadium a few years ago and had to stop when the recession hit, leaving an unfinished ground in the city!

• Options
    Good evening from the Mestalla, Valencia - the kids are loving it
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Rokudan said:

Good evening from the Mestalla, Valencia - the kids are loving it

Fantastic place to watch football. Bit run down, but a proper football stadium. Not sure how long you're there for but the stadium tour is well worth doing (if you haven't already done it).
  • Options
    It's a great stadium (very loud) the kids can't take their eyes off Ronaldo and Bale warming up :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @Rokudan - Great game. Spanish referees are poor, a lot of guessing involved in their decisions. The best Valencia have played under Neville. Now gone three at the back for the last 10 man against ten-man Real. Brilliant header by Bale, then an equaliser by Valencia 70 seconds later!
  • Options
    Really enjoyed the game, kids loved it and a great finale to our 2 weeks over here
  • Options
    Benitez has just been replaced by Zidane
  • Options
    Rokudan said:

Benitez has just been replaced by Zidane

Hasnt been confirmed yet has it?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Nothing confirmed on TV here but it does seem inevitable. They really should have stuck with Ancelotti.

Went to Betis' game against Eibar where they got thumped 4-0. Very angry crowd at how poor they were. Eibar continuing to far exceed expectations this year and looked a tidy, well-organised team.

Really hope that Atletico can keep it going at the top. Simeone is a fantastic manager and the crowd is amazing there, so different to the dire Bernabeu crowd.
  • Options
    Yeah Real Madrid are the worst club that I can think of, their fans are simply awful!!
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Title race back open? A few weeks ago Barcelona's lead looked unassailable but the Madrid teams have chipped away at it and Barca's loss to Real Sociedad leaves it at just three points now. Reckon they will still win it but at least the run-in will be interesting.

On another note, the debacle of the Gary Neville era has left Valencia with a real threat of relegation. A loss at home to Sevilla today and wins for some of their rivals will drag them down further into a relegation scrap.
  • Options
    Yesterday;
    Spent £70.
    Charlton lost with another nail smacked in.
    Barca cost me £512 on a 6 fold.
  • Options
    Barca currently losing to a post Gary Neville resurgent Valencia. If they lose this then the title race is definitely well open in a great end to the season with Barca and the two Madrid teams separated by just one point. Really hoping Atletico can continue to defy the odds.
  • Options
    Ended Barca 1 Valencia 2.