Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Walshy: Paul Walsh plugging his Book on TalkSport.

13»

Comments

• Options
    Saw him score the winning goal in the Independent Junior Football League cup final for Londinium Under 11's. My Dad presented him with his medal.

Worked with his best mate at the time he was playing for us. Met him briefly at a party, bit of a cock. Heard his stock in phrase to the ladies was "I'm Paul Walsh and I'm taking you home tonight".
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

Saw him at The Valley on Saturday.

He was working for Sky, saw him on SSN
  • Options

Saw him score the winning goal in the Independent Junior Football League cup final for Londinium Under 11's. My Dad presented him with his medal.

Worked with his best mate at the time he was playing for us. Met him briefly at a party, bit of a cock. Heard his stock in phrase to the ladies was "I'm Paul Walsh and I'm taking you home tonight".

He presented me with my loser's medal at The Valley in '81 when we got beat by Senrab in the Independent Junior Football League cup.
  • Options
    edited August 2015

I used to help my Dad deliver his milk when lived with his Mum and Dad in Basildon road.Two silver top and one gold top. He always stopped to chat to us when he was just breaking into the first team. Wonder if he mentions that in his book.

He does, he says that the milk was always late and your horse dumped on his drive, oh and the milk was cheaper in Liverpool and Luton.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Swisdom said:

I played golf with him last year - came across as a complete nobhead to be honest.

Little praise for Charlton, slagged off anyone with a different opinion to him.

Does he post on here?

Finally @Viewfinder has been outed...

• Options
    Friend of mine used to go out with his cousin (Coxmount Road). Met him at a party there and was an arrogant prick (apparently)
    Said friend duly put him in his place.
  • Options
    I had a chat with Mike Bailey when he ran the White Horse on Woolwich Road. I asked him of his opinion of Paul Walsh. He stated that he was thick, in the sense, that he always wanted to beat 5 players, whereas, as a striker, you need to beat a player once and the shoot for goal... Also, I dated a lass who knew him and basically, he was an arrogant git.
  • Options
    He was at the Back to The Valley dinner with his father a few years back I think did anyone speak to him ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Richard J said:

I flicked through the book when I was in Ireland a couple of weeks ago. It must have been published early over there. There is quite a bit about Charlton.

From memory.

He said he was an Arsenal fan although his Dad supported the Hammers. He spoke affectionately about Alan Sealey one of his early coaches. He tells an amusing story about Lawrie Madden leaving 'a Mars bar' in his jock strap which he needed to clean as an apprentice.

He also took head on about his feelings about Charlton and the perception that he is ambivalent about the club. He said he enjoys his visits to the Valley, but that it is over thirty years since he played for us. He gives the impression of being disappointed that Charlton have not given him more recognition. He points out he is probably the only Addick Youth product to play in a European Cup Final. He jokes that the only picture of him is near the toilet.

I guess it works both ways. If you say nice things and pop along to dish the end of season trophies out (without charging a fee) then your photo tends to get moved away from the toilet.

Don't know the bloke but he always looks a scruff on TV. Either get a proper beard or have a shave.
  • Options
    Typical charlton fans, we wait ages for someone to hate us and then spend ages moaning about it

8)
  • Options

He was at the Back to The Valley dinner with his father a few years back I think did anyone speak to him ?

Yes Tavern did. He came straight back to me and his words were "what a rude prick he is". That is an actual True fact.
  • Options
    In response to the first post on here, he did indeed drink in a pub in Bexleyheath - The Jolly Drayman, agree with majority of views on him as a bloke.
  • Options

In response to the first post on here, he did indeed drink in a pub in Bexleyheath - The Jolly Drayman, agree with majority of views on him as a bloke.

The Jolly Drayman was the pub i saw him in but no tales to tell but i guess that you can't all be wrong. What is the old saying be "nice to people on the way up
    because you may meet them on the way down".

• Options
    Simonsen said:

Richard J said:

I flicked through the book when I was in Ireland a couple of weeks ago. It must have been published early over there. There is quite a bit about Charlton.

From memory.

He said he was an Arsenal fan although his Dad supported the Hammers. He spoke affectionately about Alan Sealey one of his early coaches. He tells an amusing story about Lawrie Madden leaving 'a Mars bar' in his jock strap which he needed to clean as an apprentice.

He also took head on about his feelings about Charlton and the perception that he is ambivalent about the club. He said he enjoys his visits to the Valley, but that it is over thirty years since he played for us. He gives the impression of being disappointed that Charlton have not given him more recognition. He points out he is probably the only Addick Youth product to play in a European Cup Final. He jokes that the only picture of him is near the toilet.

I guess it works both ways. If you say nice things and pop along to dish the end of season trophies out (without charging a fee) then your photo tends to get moved away from the toilet.

Don't know the bloke but he always looks a scruff on TV. Either get a proper beard or have a shave.
    He turned up late on one golf day and looked like he had been shagged through a hedge backwards. He was playing crap and walked off after about 15 holes I believe. A bit of an insult to the people he was playing with at the time.

• Options
    I saw him in the Prince of Wales, Belvedere a while back drinking with an older gentleman - possibly his dad. He looked up at one point when I was close by, but I said, “Not now Walshie you knob, I’m having a drink with my mates”. (in my head)
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Yes Tavern did. He came straight back to me and his words were "what a rude prick he is". That is an actual True fact.
    Did Walshie nick one of his chips?? :wink:
  • Options
    Got his autograph at Plough Lane when Spurs had been beaten by Wimbledon 3-0 in '88: Ardiles last match for Spurs. He was the only Spurs player to go to the player's bar, the rest of the Spurs team left almost immediately disgusted with Wimbledon's gamesmanship apparently: The Plough Lane away dressing room was worse than the shack at my club's ex Minors ground. Still he was hugely less of a twat than Fashanu and Jones, who did a pathetic diversion routine so Fash could dash to his shit Mazda, when we caught up he was less than forthcoming with his signature.

Says on Wiki we got 400,000 for him, but I always thought it was 250,000? Was great to watch, but only remember him after his ligament problem at Liverpool and his scoring rate dropped after that. Remember him being fun to watch at Spurs, but there was a period when couldn't hit a barn door.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ColinTat said:

Got his autograph at Plough Lane when Spurs had been beaten by Wimbledon 3-0 in '88: Ardiles last match for Spurs. He was the only Spurs player to go to the player's bar, the rest of the Spurs team left almost immediately disgusted with Wimbledon's gamesmanship apparently: The Plough Lane away dressing room was worse than the shack at my club's ex Minors ground. Still he was hugely less of a twat than Fashanu and Jones, who did a pathetic diversion routine so Fash could dash to his shit Mazda, when we caught up he was less than forthcoming with his signature.

Says on Wiki we got 400,000 for him, but I always thought it was 250,000? Was great to watch, but only remember him after his ligament problem at Liverpool and his scoring rate dropped after that. Remember him being fun to watch at Spurs, but there was a period when couldn't hit a barn door.

Wasn't it £250K plus Steve White which might have been deemed as £400K total value or am I getting confused with the Paul Elliott transfer?