Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Liverpool v Bournemouth

13»

Comments

• Options

Quite enjoyed that. Not sure whether it was because there was an underdog I know a bit about, or simply because there were a fair number of English players on the pitch.

Trying to force myself to watch more football and try to get the love back, but that Man C v Chelsea game did nothing for me. Enjoyed this one more.

What. You didn't enjoy seeing Chelsea getting stuffed 3-0 ?

You need to try harder.
  • Options
    Kermy coming home ?
  • Options
    Disgraceful decisions going against B'Mouth last night. Classic case of little teams not getting the decisions at the big teams
  • Options
    Is Kermorgant injured or just not able to get a place on the bench?
  • Options
    Am I the only one who thought the disallowed goal was a reasonable decision? He clearly had his hands on top of the defender's shoulders. The fact that most of the time similar situations are not penalised doesn't make last night's decision wrong.

Liverpool's goal was clearly offside - I won't argue with that.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Am I the only one who thought the disallowed goal was a reasonable decision? He clearly had his hands on top of the defender's shoulders. The fact that most of the time similar situations are not penalised doesn't make last night's decision wrong.

I bet he wouldn't have disallowed it, if Liverpool had scored it.
  • Options

bobmunro said:

I bet he wouldn't have disallowed it, if Liverpool had scored it.
    You old cynic!!
  • Options
    Jammy scousers get a narrow win against a clear underdog with the help of dodgy decisions? Sod all has changed in that respect since I started watching football 41 years ago...
  • Options

Jammy scousers get a narrow win against a clear underdog with the help of dodgy decisions? Sod all has changed in that respect since I started watching football 41 years ago...

Despite that they've still never won the Premier League!!

Historically, perhaps jammy Mancs is more appropriate!
  • Options
    I don't remember seeing a more obvious offside and I can't see how you could say it wasn't cheating by the linesman. Not when a "mistake" is that blatant. It should be investigated but being Liverpool it won't be.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I don't remember seeing a more obvious offside and I can't see how you could say it wasn't cheating by the linesman. Not when a "mistake" is that blatant. It should be investigated but being Liverpool it won't be.

I can easily say it wasn't cheating by the linesman.

Act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage - No.

Incompetent - Yes.
  • Options
    How wide does the offside margin need to be before incompetence can't be so easily explained away? Its not as iff the lino was struggling to keep up with play. It's a basic simple decision he was there to make.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

I guess you are right as football only really started in 1992 BM... :wink:
  • Options

bobmunro said:

I guess you are right as football only really started in 1992 BM... :wink:
    Ha ha - yes if only I was young enough just to remember the premiership years!

The most successful football club in English football history - I'm well aware of the might of Liverpool. Charlton are my football first and deepest love, but Liverpool's is the second result I always look for.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    I do too - to see if they have lost... :wink: Growing up in an era where we were force fed Liverpool on every football show (and football shows were few and far between of course), and where kids "supported" them instead of their local team, I have always and always will detest them. If I was younger that might be Manchester Utd, but for my era it was Liverpool.
  • Options
    Bournemouth are small by 2nd division standards. Good luck to them but they are going to be butt fucked all over the Premier League. They have a chance to buy themselves a longer stay but its a cartel run for the benefit of the few.

Just makes me sick that Palarse fluked their way in.