Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Teacher/school stories

Now, you don't have to name names, if it could be libelous. But has anyone got any good teacher/school stories ?

I ask, because on the "general things that annoy you thread". Redskin asked, if I remembered, Mr Rackal, the History teacher, slamming a door on my head ?

I don't remember, but it would explain a lot :smile:

However, I do remember, Mr Smith, the Maths teacher, clouting me round the head, really hard. So hard, he knocked me, across his desk.

My God, he'd be done for assault and struck off these days. This would have been around 1973, Roan Grammar.

I should imagine he's dead by now.

Comments

• edited August 2015
    Mrs lodder gave me a jolly good shaking as she like to call it in St Marys primary school woolwich, so my mum gave her a right good smack in the chops, I was about 7 at the time

Mr Davis/Davey can't remember which one of the pronunciations is correct

Had a stick around the size of a 30-40 cm block of wood a couple of inches thick, pedro he called it, well after throwing a chalk rubber at my swede that missed and I laughed he collected pedro from his cupboard and walked over to my desk and told me to put out my hand, I asked which one he said he didn't care, I put both hands out one in a plaster cast after a fight on the 161 broke my hand And the other without the cast, he hit the one with the cast, I took pedro from him once he had smacked it across my broken hand and attempted to crack it across his head, unfortunately I didn't connect, I got up and walked out with him following me shouting and hollering to return to the room, I never returned to his room and before my old man caught hold of him, one of the lads in our class had an older brother, who took offence to him treating his young brother In a similar way, and booted him down the stairs in the sports department I believe, I was 13/14 I think when it happend maybe 12/13

The man was an evil cnut
  • Fat bitch food teacher pushed me into an oven when I was about to get my disgraceful looking cereal bars out.
  • Mr Faraday, at Sherington, used to wack our fingers with a ruler and he was the nice one.
  • I remember Bish in my class, used to flob on his finger and flick it down the teachers' backs.
  • edited August 2015
    I remember we had a supply teacher, a Mr Cookson, who was an absolute cock.

One day he stood on a glass dislay cabinet, full of fossils and the whole thing smashed to smithereens.

He got clobbered, by I think, Mark Rose, in the year above me, a few weeks later and we never saw him again.

Classic.
  • We had a kid called Reece in our year. Another strange one.

Someone threw his bag out of the 2nd floor window, so he climbed up on the ledge threatening to jump out.

The whole class were chanting, jump, jump, jump. Bastards.
  • Ha, there's so many.

George Fiefield, in the year below me, trying to break his own arm on a sink, to get out of PE. Wtf !
  • edited August 2015
    Are you sure you are not just remembering old Grange Hill stories, flipping heck I remember when Tucker organised a sit in to protest about school uniforms........
  • Dr Chapman put a cigarette out on my hand with his foot when he sneaked up on me laying down behind the long jump having a smoke
  • Penny Sharratt prodding me and a few others in the chest when we bougt cans of CS gas and fought running battles with the locals in Calais

Bloody good teacher she is/was though

• Sponsored links:

• When Langford caught erol watching miss money pissing because he was hiding in the suspended ceiling in the womens toilet, they reckon he battered him
  • When someone put drawing pins on Langfords chair and we all had to write lines about hepatitis B.
  • edited August 2015
    Sherrington!
    Schools were strange places in the 50's. The grey foggy mornings going to school, the dreadful over cooked food, boiled to death for hours, When you lined up to have those bloody injections in your underpants, checking for headlice with those bloody steel combs!......I think some of the teachers thought they were working in a bloody young offenders institution. Remember Parker, and Yeats. Remember seeing him in the street at the Royal standard, 10 years or so after I left, Mind you it did lay some foundation's for Bloomfield,
    ( if anything could). Not sure most the teachers were even qualified in those days.
  • brogib said:

Penny Sharratt prodding me and a few others in the chest when we bougt cans of CS gas and fought running battles with the locals in Calais

Bloody good teacher she is/was though

I remember those days, school trips to Calais and Boulogne, scrapping with the locals.We bought some of them tiny bangers to Chuck at them

• Mr Keith

New I am giving you 150 lines to be in by tomorrow morning you have to write the following,

In future I promise to strive to behave in a sane and sensible Manor at all times in school, should I fail in this endeavour, I realise and accept that any punishment shall be carried out with peace and Goodwill in my heart

They must be on no more than two lines of a page for each one,

They then get thrown in the bin in front of you without even being checked

• @Sonicstud85 Miss Lawson ?

Yep that was her. I've heard other stories about her as well that make mine seem pretty tame!
  • Ha, there's so many.

George Fiefield, in the year below me, trying to break his own arm on a sink, to get out of PE. Wtf !

Poor George died of a heroin overdose not long after leaving school.

The cruel bastard Smith I knew was a woodwork teacher. I remember him canIng me with a length of dowling rod.When he told me to hold out my hand I did so with the palm turned up. He looked at me with those dead eyes of his and said in a whisper, 'The other way, boy' and then went to work on the knuckles. It hurt.
  • And far less exciting. Our science teacher was exasperated with us and said 'sit in silence for five minutes, I don't want to hear a squeak'
    Guess who made a mouse like squeak noise? Guess who got a hundred lines?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2015

@Sonicstud85 Miss Lawson ?

Yep that was her. I've heard other stories about her as well that make mine seem pretty tame!
    Haha. She absolutely destroyed me and another in our very first HE lesson. She was the one teacher that used to scare the sh*t out of me. Perhaps it was the fear that she might eat me.

As it happens, many years later when driving to Uni at Avery Hill, I saw her standing outside what was Safeway's then at Blackfen, next to her little Metro that had just been written off. How the hell she managed to get into a Metro I'll never know!
  • We had Keefy for maths an all, but some naughty lad in my class called Raymond usse to have proper rows with him, thing is Raymond was razor sharp so he would get Kieth round his little finger. Good old duels they had

Think Ray is inside for his fourth armed robbery now, but he was a good lad
  • We used to have a PE Teacher who insisted we played Volleyball in the gym, shirts v skins. Insisted we had showers & used to watch to make sure we showered properly!
  • I'm to young for teachers to have got away with hitting me, I once got excluded for telling Mr Masters to go fuck himself. As my parents didn't want me at home doing nothing Mr Pigeon agreed that I would serve my suspension outside his office, every morning for a week he would call me in for a cup of tea and a biscuit to talk about Charlton in his office!

• @Sonicstud85 Miss Lawson ?

Ha, good guess. One HE lesson for some reason the whole class forgot to bring in ingredients for whatever it was we were to make apart from me and one other. She went mental and made the whole class sit there in silence for half hour watching me and the other make whatever it was. I can't cook s thing even now, and was absolutely sh***ing myself.

Anyway, made whatever it was and popped in oven for 20 minutes while everyone sat in silence waiting for timer. 20 mins later, timer goes off, I very apprehensively open the cooker and it turns out In my haste that I hadn't turned it on and there are just these mixture dollops. Class finally cave in the silence and are in hysterics, I've never seen a teacher go more berserk and genuinely thought she was gonna throttle me.

Don't know if you were there with another HE teacher called Mrs Sawyer. We were larking about in her class next to the canteen, and my mate picked up a saucepan and pretended to hit me on the head, stopping a couple of inches before hitting me. I did the same but timed it all wrong and cracked him across the head. Class went silent and there was this massive dooong noise. He milked it for all it was worth, getting sent home with concussion, I got a weeks detention and told I would end up a football hooligan.
    Then there of course was Mr Sawyer. He was proper old school but a real decent bloke. I remember, think it was just before the GCSEs, I'd got hauled in front of him for punching a kid in the year below who had decided to gob on my blazer. When I explained to him what I'd done, he smiled and said 'well done young man, that little sh*t has had that coming since he came here!'. He took my blazer to the dry cleaners and made the kid bring in the money to pay for it next day.

I dont know if you ex-BGS are aware but there are some info about our old teachers here

• edited August 2015
    Great thread.
    Erith School mid 70's, some of the teachers were absolute sadistic bastards. For balance, we also had some class teachers as well.
    The cane and slipper were over used and both bloody hurt.
    Some recollections:-

Erith had a sports pavilion (it had been reinforced due to break ins) on the field in the East side of the school, we had sports last two lessons on a Friday, the teacher taking it was a vile shit, Mr S we shall call him, if you talked in assembly he used to pull your head back with your hair and knee you in the back, in fullview of the other teachers, but seeing as most teachers hit you it was fair game. Anyway we had finished sports and the teachers changing room was next to the main changing room, Mr S was having a shower, as I remember, my mate David E and myself crept into his changing room and nicked the keys to the pavilion, everyone except Mr S had left so we locked all the internal doors and the outside doors, David took the keys to the caretaker and said Mr S had locked up, he wished the caretaker a good weekend and off he went.
    Mr S was in the pavilion all weekend, his Mrs. had the police out and everything, he was found on monday morning. David got expelled for that and didnt grass me up....I understand he went on to become a lieutenant in the British army and fought in the Falklands. Top fella.

1978/79 we had a school trip to London Zoo, accompanied by Mr A and another teacher. He had been at London Zoo for about 30 mins before we had a row with some posh kids, we then went to the petting park and let out about 6-7 goats, subsequently we were asked to leave the Zoo.
    We were on the slam door train on the way back, when it stopped at London Bridge, just as the whistle blew 8 of us jumped of the train and MR A was screaming for the train to be stopped as it trundled down the platform, we had a wander round Traf square and Piccadilly then bunked the train home.
    Got slippered the next day by Mr A and he didn't hold back, it bastard hurt, but we deserved it.......

• Anyone remember "Butch" the history teacher at Shooters Hill in the 60s. Wonderful head of silver hair, always wore a silk hanky and reeked of eau de cologne. If you annoyed him he either patted the back of your head while gently ruffling your hair or got you to lay across the desk while he whacked your bum tenderly with a plimsol.