Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Teacher/school stories

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Another I just remembered, a young trainee teacher or something was taking our Latin class and he left the room to get some textbooks so we decided to put a chair in front of the door and laid down in front of it so he couldn't see who had locked the door, eventually when he barged it open after about 10 minutes it hit my mate bang in the head who was laying in front of it, he was mortified and nearly reduced to tears.

Another poor teacher, physics teacher and we clocked on that he was quite prone to blushing and when I say blushing I mean going as red as a tomato, I can't remember how we clocked on but anyway whenever he was in the middle of talking and the class was quiet, someone used to say, not even loudly 'he's gone red' and that was it, poor bloke used to turn bright red and then the class would laugh and nobody would be listening to him anymore. Eventually he contacted our head of year and we had to stop doing it.

It's frightening how cruel kids can be. Once you sussed out a teacher that was it, they didn't stand a chance. Thinking back me and my friends were such nasty little sh*tes at about 14/15 but I suppose that's the same for a lot of people.

Can't imagine the types of beatings I would have got if I was at school the same time as some of the posters on here...I can tell you though, me and my mates wouldn't have been half as lippy to teachers and in class if there were plimsolls around.
  • Options
    That isn't an argument for corporal punishment, mind you.

I was an absolute monster at school, in the dorkiest possible way. I'm sure I'd have turned out much worse with regular canings.

Not really in the spirit of the thread. Maybe I'll come up with some anecdotes to compensate.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Had a demented psychotic Welsh Physics teacher at Erith, Me and a mate Andy, were late producing our homework, so after numerous warnings we were both 'asked' to stay behind after school for 6 with the cane.
    Andy went first, Taff said he would give him the options, 6 with the stick or 500 lines, and added the caveat, "if you're a man you will take the cane' so Andy went for the cane option, while bent over Taff moved the 'fart flap' on Andys blazer with the cane and proceeded to whack him as hard as he could with the cane, and the perv was getting off on it, I'll never forget the look on Taffs face....he then asked me the same question.....so I took the lines....I wasn't gonna have some Welsh perv get his rocks off on me.....anyway I paid a second year 10 No6 fags to do the lines for me.......!

Happy days?...were they fuck!
  • Options
    pettgra said:

I went to Crown Woods. We had a form teacher/ pe teacher Peter Dixon. Lovely man until crossed.
    He would punish kids with the plimsoll; however, he would make you wait a week for the pleasure. I have seen the hardest kids blubbering at the thought.
    Then there was Robert Callaghan who burst into the room; swung a dead rat round by the tail and sent it flying into the back wall. Hence a lot of screaming girls and lads if we were honest. It was a big bugger.

Pettgra, did you have a mate called Andrew Standen and go to Christ's College, Blackheath for a while?

• Options
    Can't remember the name of the teacher that threw me up some concrete stairs at Normandy School for not standing still at the end of break time.My Mum complained to the school and kept me home for a while but nothing happened to the teacher and then a year or so after leaving the school I heard he broke a pupils arm in similar incident!
  • Options

Lots of Roan stuff on here. I remember getting off the coach at the playing field one day only to be met by Reg "Mental" Lentle at the bottom of the coach steps. He punched one kid really hard in the stomach and said "walked into that one didn't you Tebbutt?"

Wayne?
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Had a demented psychotic Welsh Physics teacher at Erith, Me and a mate Andy, were late producing our homework, so after numerous warnings we were both 'asked' to stay behind after school for 6 with the cane.
    Andy went first, Taff said he would give him the options, 6 with the stick or 500 lines, and added the caveat, "if you're a man you will take the cane' so Andy went for the cane option, while bent over Taff moved the 'fart flap' on Andys blazer with the cane and proceeded to whack him as hard as he could with the cane, and the perv was getting off on it, I'll never forget the look on Taffs face....he then asked me the same question.....so I took the lines....I wasn't gonna have some Welsh perv get his rocks off on me.....anyway I paid a second year 10 No6 fags to do the lines for me.......!

Happy days?...were they fuck!

Yes that was Mr Davies, someone told me years later that he was gay. Explains a lot.
  • Options

pettgra said:

I went to Crown Woods. We had a form teacher/ pe teacher Peter Dixon. Lovely man until crossed.
    He would punish kids with the plimsoll; however, he would make you wait a week for the pleasure. I have seen the hardest kids blubbering at the thought.
    Then there was Robert Callaghan who burst into the room; swung a dead rat round by the tail and sent it flying into the back wall. Hence a lot of screaming girls and lads if we were honest. It was a big bugger.

Pettgra, did you have a mate called Andrew Standen and go to Christ's College, Blackheath for a while?

No Stuart on both counts. I was asked to leave in the middle of the sixth year. I was only turning up for the lessons I fancied, which was not many!
  • Options

Lots of Roan stuff on here. I remember getting off the coach at the playing field one day only to be met by Reg "Mental" Lentle at the bottom of the coach steps. He punched one kid really hard in the stomach and said "walked into that one didn't you Tebbutt?"

Lentle junior was in my class. I think his name was Darcy. Strange name for a Londoner.

I presume Tebbutt was Keith ?
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

-
    - Found it impossible to keep my gob shut in class, always had to be the class clown, I remember once in year 11 my spanish teacher kept me behind and said she had spoken with my other teachers and they had seen a pattern that people in the class were scared to put up their hands and answer questions because they were too worried about me putting them down and taking the piss. I distinctively remember leaving school that day feeling quite proud of myself.

Nice. Remind me who your father is?

I was thinking the same.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2015
    pettgra said:

pettgra said:

No Stuart on both counts. I was asked to leave in the middle of the sixth year. I was only turning up for the lessons I fancied, which was not many!
    Thanks, thought you might be Andrew Pettigrew who I went to school with.
  • Options
    Another Roan story and one that due to passing years makes me feel ashamed of myself.

We had an australian music teacher one year who was lets say not a natural. A small effeminate man who was picked on mercilessly by all us scrotes.

Fond memories in the late 70's of me and my mates following him up the hill from Lee Green to Blackheath on the way to school (mummy didnt have a 4x4 to chauffeur us everywhere...) chucking maggots at him we had purchased at Todds Tackle shop.

Bizarre memories but as an adult, and i know the teacher in question came to a dreadful self inflicted end, you do feel pangs of guilt many years later. What little fuckers we could be and we were Granmar boys as well...
  • Options
    two of the teachers at my senior school were quite eccentric.

mr bengoff our maths teacher was very much liked by all but he was strict. if he decided you deserved punishment, he would allow you to choose your weapon of punishment and he kept a cupboard full of implements!

and our arts teacher a mr spicer. our art class was a converted church. he would, when punishing you, make bend over at one end of the room, it was a long room, while he was at the other readying himself. you knew he was about to launch himself at you because he would always shout " banzai " and set off running as fast as he could to deliver the swish of the cane!

ah such happy days.
  • Options
    We had a Mr Lancaster, who was taken as a prisoner of war by the Japanese during WW2, he was on the infamous Burma railway.
    The rumour went round the school that if you shouted "The Japs are coming" that he would hide under his desk. You always new which class Mr Lancaster was in because you would always hear "The Japs are coming" being shouted out.......as far as I remember he never hid. He was a lovely kind bloke and always told us stories of his time in captivity.
  • Options
    No. I'm Andrew Pettigrew, and so is my wife!
  • Options
    We wernt the first year to sample extra dinner and doubt we were last,

• Options
    edited August 2015

Curb_It said:

-
    - Found it impossible to keep my gob shut in class, always had to be the class clown, I remember once in year 11 my spanish teacher kept me behind and said she had spoken with my other teachers and they had seen a pattern that people in the class were scared to put up their hands and answer questions because they were too worried about me putting them down and taking the piss. I distinctively remember leaving school that day feeling quite proud of myself.

I was thinking the same.
    Hold up @Covered End , this was 5/6 years ago, certainly not proud of what a little sh*t I was at times in school, now. Just to clarify.
  • Options

two of the teachers at my senior school were quite eccentric.

mr bengoff our maths teacher was very much liked by all but he was strict. if he decided you deserved punishment, he would allow you to choose your weapon of punishment and he kept a cupboard full of implements!

and our arts teacher a mr spicer. our art class was a converted church. he would, when punishing you, make bend over at one end of the room, it was a long room, while he was at the other readying himself. you knew he was about to launch himself at you because he would always shout " banzai " and set off running as fast as he could to deliver the swish of the cane!

ah such happy days.

Must be something about the maths teachers. I went to St.Austins and was warned by my elder cousin not to sit in the front row of one particular teacher's math's class. This bloke enjoyed the subject so much, that he got carried away, salivating and gobbing all over the kids in the front row.

There was a daily battle for desks after the first week or so. Never did get the finer points of trigonometry.
  • Options
    We also had a teacher name Doyle, along with a couple of kids with that surname. They were all nicknamed 'Bunny', something I could never work out.

Anyone know why?

• Options

Curb_It said:

-

I was thinking the same.
    Hold up @Covered End , this was 5/6 years ago, certainly not proud of what a little sh*t I was at times in school, now. Just to clarify.
    Sorry you misunderstand me. What I meant was I know your dad :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A lot of the secondary school teachers I had, had served in the war. They sometimes had a missing finger or two, or a bit of deafness or being blind in one eye.
    After the hell they'd lived through, they may have thought teaching would be a relief, and the kids they taught may even understand the sacrifices they had made on behalf of those kids, but sadly that wasn't the case.
    The first question(s) I always asked about my son's schooling at parents evenings subsequently was always about his behaviour and ability to co-operate. I wonder how many parents here are concerned about the behaviour of their children in school.
    The recent Chinese teachers at a British school has been an eye opener, their teaching styles were very questionable, but they were genuinely bewildered that the children didn't want to behave and learn, genuinely.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

A lot of the secondary school teachers I had, had served in the war. They sometimes had a missing finger or two, or a bit of deafness or being blind in one eye.
    After the hell they'd lived through, they may have thought teaching would be a relief, and the kids they taught may even understand the sacrifices they had made on behalf of those kids, but sadly that wasn't the case.
    The first question(s) I always asked about my son's schooling at parents evenings subsequently was always about his behaviour and ability to co-operate. I wonder how many parents here are concerned about the behaviour of their children in school.
    The recent Chinese teachers at a British school has been an eye opener, their teaching styles were very questionable, but they were genuinely bewildered that the children didn't want to behave and learn, genuinely.

A lot of our teachers served in WW2 too. We had a captain in the tank regiment who still appears in documentries, a spitfire pilot and one guy who had a leg amputated whilst a Japanese POW. Both my grandfather and uncle trained to teach after the war. They both said they wanted to give something back to the world. My uncle was head of Hillview school and grandfather taught economics (I think) at Crown Woods. Surname was Williams if anyone remembers them.
  • Options
    edited August 2015

Curb_It said:

-

I was thinking the same.
    Sorry you misunderstand me. What I meant was I know your dad :smile:
    Right , gotcha sorry. I just had to clarify that so I didn't sound like a total prat.
  • Options

Lentle junior was in my class. I think his name was Darcy. Strange name for a Londoner.

I presume Tebbutt was Keith ?
    Indeed it was
  • Options

Another Roan story and one that due to passing years makes me feel ashamed of myself.

We had an australian music teacher one year who was lets say not a natural. A small effeminate man who was picked on mercilessly by all us scrotes.

Fond memories in the late 70's of me and my mates following him up the hill from Lee Green to Blackheath on the way to school (mummy didnt have a 4x4 to chauffeur us everywhere...) chucking maggots at him we had purchased at Todds Tackle shop.

Bizarre memories but as an adult, and i know the teacher in question came to a dreadful self inflicted end, you do feel pangs of guilt many years later. What little fuckers we could be and we were Granmar boys as well...

That would be Donny White. He was like Charles Hawtrey with a piano
  • Options
    cane and slipper for being shit at spelling--lazy--blah blah. Dyslectic but in them days it wasnt herd of.

Religious Instruction !! woman used to come in and just write for 90 mins on the board we had to copy it-----so we brought in a rope tied it to a desk at the back of the class and left bt that route(the class room being on the second floor) i think we got about 7 out before she sussed on. All got caned.

I was a library monitor--loverly jubberly---anyone who wanted a book for their projects id sell em to em and then cross it out in the ledger----never got caught.

see things in a differant light these days---art teacher a good looking guy was always all over the girls--of course now we see him for the nonce case he was. He always dished out megga cane/slipper/tee square to the guys. One day we just got fecked off with his bollox and 6 of us pelted the crap out of him with all his powder paints---looked like an explosion in a hippy factory in the 60s-----suspended and caned for that but well worth it
  • Options
    edited August 2015

That would be Donny White. He was like Charles Hawtrey with a piano
    I couldn't remember him when Soapy first said. But I do now. Charles Hawtrey with a piano LOL.
  • Options
    Mr Allan, a PE teacher, would always take a small group of about 4/5 girls for trampolining whilst female teachers would just chuck the boys in the sports hall with a football.

you would walk past and see him on the trampoline with them the noncing old fucker that he was
  • Options
    We had a teacher that made you do lines if you forgot anything.

"Oh would hat I had not been so foolish to forget my book / bag / tie at the appointed time, that my teacher, whom I admire, respect and hold in the highest esteem, would not have forced me to write this brief disposition."

5 times of writing that out and you were knackered. But if you forget anything else that term it went up by 5 more times. I think I peaked at 25 one term. It got so bad I would start writing them in advance - just in case. And then he would make minor changes to the wording. Sad though that I remember it still after 25 years!

This was at Wilmington Grammar but I understand he's also taught at Bexley Grammar.
  • Options
    Had a chemistry teacher ask me to see him after school at some point after annoying him for some reason. So I head off to the staff room and get told he has already left. Result.

Next day there I am minding my own business playing football at lunch time when he comes storming out of the science block and drags me across the playground by my hair to his classroom. He shouts, spitting everywhere, asking why I did not come to see him.

"You had gone home sir" I reply

He stops for a second and shouts "well you should have come to see me anyway" and marches out of the room. He never spoke to me again and banned me from doing GCSE physics as he was the teacher and he did not want me in the class.

Also had an English teacher dribble in my book whilst shouting at me to be quiet. The long bit of spit dropped slowly from his lower lip wobbling back and forth before finally losing its grip on his mouth and landing on my book and gradually spreading over the page. I closed the book disgusted and never opened it again.