Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andre Gray

13»

Comments

• Options

Because a championship club is prepared to pay over the odds
    for a player; in this case about 100%, doesn't make Andre Gray a bad Player.
    He scored 18 goals in the Championship last season.
    you can't just judge players on our they play against CAFC.

Interesting though the comparison with the cost of some PL players and why they can be over valued.

Would, for example, Leicester have paid £7m for Gray based on a Championship record of 18 in 47? Or are they happier having paid a comparable amount for Shinji Okazaki, a player who has scored 43 in 93 appearances for Japan and who left Mainz having scored 28 in 65 in the Bundesliga?
  • Options
    Fair point, you can hardly blame clubs for seeking better value from abroad, when that is where the value is to be found.

Similar to the Charlie Austin $15M price tag, I know he is a decent player, but he has had one (reasonable) season in the PL, and now he has the price tag of an established international, and unsurpisingly nobody's buying - ridiculous situation.
  • Options
    it's funny how people view players, I made a point of watching Gray when Brentford played at the valley as I was interested to see him , having scored a few goals and coming from Luton, when they were non league, I thought he had a nasty streak to him (not a bad trait for a forward) and although he didn't score, I would imagine our centre halves knew they had been in a game, he roughed Roger Johnson up which isn't a easy thing to do, and personally I was very impressed, £9 million nope not a chance but a very very good striker who I would put in the top 5 in the championship, and a top 5 striker in the championship commands a big fee.
  • Options
    On his way to Burnley
  • Options
    Signed for Burnley confirmed.
  • Options
    Slightly strange that Burnley would pay more for a player after relegation than during their PL season!
  • Options

Slightly strange that Burnley would pay more for a player after relegation than during their PL season!

A case of parachute money and the need to bring a replacement in for Ings. By not buying anyone in their PL season the irony is that they are financially now much better off because of relegation.
  • Options

You don't get all the TV money up front. But over the course of the season, they trousered about £60M.
  • Options

A case of parachute money and the need to bring a replacement in for Ings. By not buying anyone in their PL season the irony is that they are financially now much better off because of relegation.
    Gray'll do well at Burnley .. he's not unlike Ings .. bit of a terrier, likes a battle, can handle himself, likes a run at defenders .. 9 million (if that's correct) is a lot of course, BUT, is it in today's market ? .. Burnley has joined the haves as above says with the golden para money and if they get re-promoted, 9 million or whatever will be a drop in the big gold bucket .. lastly, Dych is a good manager and will get the best from Gray
  • Options
    Wonder how much compensation they got for Ings?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wages will be astronomical if he wants to go there rather than Bristol.
  • Options
    Or he'd rather play for a promotion hopeful rather than a relegation candidate
  • Options

Or he'd rather play for a promotion hopeful rather than a relegation candidate

Oh, right. Nothing to do with the wages then. Sure he will love it up in Burnley.