Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Marks: Charlton v Hull

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Pope - 7 took everything in the air and looked good. The spill wasn't great, but the defence/midfield were nowhere in front of him for those two attempts.

Cousins - 7 felt he actually gave it away and was unsure in the early stages, but grew (back) into it as the game progressed.

Fox - 7.5 looking better every game, didn't shirk a tackle and more defensive than attacking yesterday.

Bauer - 8.5 this centre half pairing looks superb. Gotta love the new big screen for that close up of the finger being put back in!

Bloody hell...I'd typed out comments on everyone and the bleedin' thing didn't post right...edited to finish again.

Diarra 8.5 great leader and reader of the game

Kashi 8.5 out of position for the equaliser, but that was the only downer. Great ball forward for Mak to nod down for the winner.

Bergdich 7.5 like the way he wants to have a go and get down the flanks. Good defensively too, which you'd expect.

Makienok - 9 superb display. Hull have one of the strongest CH pairings and they hated every minute of that today. He battered them at every opportunity and the beautiful glancing header and brilliant knock down for the winner were superb. Don't underestimate what he does defensively either.

Ahearne-Grant 7 some great touches and turns to lose marker. Needs to make those right decisions to be a truly great prospect, which I think he can be.

Charles-Cook 6.5 got to feel for him being thrown into that maelstrom at the toughest possible moment. Seemed a little overrun in the middle, but better when switched with Cousins. Probably needs to bulk up a bit for that midfield role against teams at this level.
  • Options
    Pope - 7
    Cousins - 7
    Fox - 7
    Bauer - 8
    Diarra - 8
    Gudmundsson - 7
    Ba - 8
    Kashi - 9
    Bergdich - 7
    Makienok - 7
    Ahearne-Grant - 6
    Charles-Cook - 6
  • Options
    Pope - 7
    Cousins - 7.5
    Fox - 7.5
    Bauer - 8
    Diarra - 8
    Gudmundsson - 7.5
    Ba - 7.5
    Kashi - 8.5
    Bergdich - 7.5
    Makienok - 9
    Ahearne-Grant - 7
    Charles-Cook - 7
  • Options

Pope - 5.5
    Cousins - 6.5
    Fox - 6.5
    Bauer - 8
    Diarra - 8
    Gudmundsson - 7.5
    Ba - 7
    Kashi -8.5
    Bergdich - 6
    Makienok - 9
    Ahearne-Grant - 6
    Charles-Cook - 5.5

• Options
    Pope - 6.5
    Cousins - 6.5
    Fox - 7
    Bauer - 8
    Diarra - 8
    Gudmundsson - 7.5
    Ba - 7.5
    Kashi - 8.5
    Bergdich - 6.5
    Makienok - 8
    Ahearne-Grant - 6.5
    Charles-Cook - 6
  • Options

Pope - 6 Didn't cover himself with glory with their goal. These spills are going to cost us a few more times this season. Apart from this weakness he's not a bad keeper
    Cousins - 8 Starting at RB he was shunted all over the field, didn't seemed to matter he just got on with the job
    Fox - 7 growing on me by the game
    Bauer - 8.5 BFG what more can you say
    Diarra - 8 Higly experience opperator, it shows
    Gudmundsson - 8 Always our most creative player, lots of stuff doesn't come off, it's worth waiting for the stuff that does
    Ba - 7 steady operated
    Kashi - 8.5 Absolute quality works his socks off
    Bergdich - 7 Crossing a bit hit and miss
    Makienok - 9 He may not be our top scorer come the end of the season, but there will be a few defenders in the championship for whom this guy will be their worst nightmare
    Ahearne-Grant - 7 Work in progress, but far more promising than recent strikers to come out of our academy
    Charles-Cook - 6 Did nothing wrong but seem like a rabbit in headlights. Given time, based on the daggers game, he could be yet another home grown asset

Ceballos n/a
    Harriott n/a
  • Options
    Pope - 6
    Cousins - 7
    Fox - 7
    Bauer - 8.5
    Diarra - 8.5
    gudmundsson - 7.5
    Ba - 8
    Kashi - 8
    Bergdich - 7
    Makienok - 8.5
    Ahearne-Grant -7
    Charles-Cook -6
  • Options
    Pope - 7.5 one bad incident in the match, not entirely his fault. Too many people look forward to crucifying him!
    Cousins - 7
    Fox - 7
    Bauer - 8.5
    Diarra - 9 an absolute giant. Reads the game so well, calm and composed with supreme timing in tackles. MoM.
    Gudmundsson - 7.5
    Ba - 7.5
    Kashi - 8
    Bergdich - 7
    Makienok - 8 will always frustrate before producing moments of magic. Very important in terms of how the team now plays.
    Ahearne-Grant - 7.5
    Charles-Cook - 6

• Options
    Pope - 6
    Cousins - 6
    Fox - 6
    Bauer - 7
    Diarra - 6.5
    Gudmundsson - 7
    Ba - 7.5
    Kashi - 8 MOM
    Bergdich - 5
    Makienok - 7
    Ahearne-Grant - 6
    Charles-Cook - 6
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Pope - 6
    Cousins - 7
    Fox - 7
    Bauer - 8
    Diarra - 8
    Gudmundsson - 8 extra mark for the goal and assist
    Ba - 7
    Kashi - 8.5 extra 0.5 for his part in the 2nd goal
    Bergdich - 7
    Makienok - 9 MOM extra mark for the goal and assist
    Ahearne-Grant - 6
    Charles-Cook -6
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pope - 7
    Cousins - 7.5
    Fox - 7
    Bauer - 7.5
    Diarra - 8
    Gudmundsson - 7.5
    Ba - 7.5
    Kashi - 8
    Bergdich - 7
    Makienok - 8.5
    Ahearne-Grant - 7
    Charles-Cook - 7
  • Options
    Watched I glorious HD on my wide screen telly...

Pope - 6 - Largely untested but his handling and distribution was assured until the 88th minute. Unfortunately, IMO, he has to be expected to hold that shot and we almost certainly win 1-0 if he does, so a point off for the spill. Extra training drills please Popey and then you'll be ready to challenge Hendo proper.
    Cousins - 5.5 - surprised at his high marks from others. Considering he's played right back for England, he looked surprisingly uncomfortable to me. Quite a lot of inaccurate passes and while he looked solid enough defensively (not that Hull really got at him much) he offered nowhere near enough going forwards which again surprised me for a player who has played wide midfield effectively.
    Fox - 6.5 - Solid defensively and he and Bergdich started brightly in attack. Crossing let him down a bit a few times when well placed though.
    Bauer - 7.5 - He's big, he's kraut, his finger now sticks out, Patrick Bauer, Patrick Bauer. Solid as a rock and hard as nails.
    Diarra - 8.5 - getting old and maybe little bit slow, but was 2 yards ahead of everyone else in his head. Read the game beautifully and didn't put a foot wrong all afternoon. Class is permanent. My MOM for being one of the few who were 'at it' for the entire match.
    Gudmundsson - 8 - Started poorly but improved once back on the right. Goal and assist, what more do you want from your playmaker.
    Ba - 7 - the less standout of the two centre mids but him and Kashi absolutely bossed it. Don't forget some people wanted Huddlestone to go to the last World Cup. Great pass for KAG's first half chance.
    Kashi - 8 - everywhere. The kind of player who makes a tackle at right back and then suddenly pops up 5 seconds later leading a counter attack from left wing. Early days but has potential to be up there with those other illustrious workaholic Ks Kish and Kins. It's certainly obvious why Luzon wanted him.
    Bergdich - 5 - didn't reckon him much tbh. Started okay but wasted a few good positions. Looked a bit selfish in possession and then faded. Though Harriott offered more which tells its on story to an extent.
    Makienok - 8.5 - 6 for the first half, 9 for the second, averaged and added a point for the goal and assist. Stuck at and looks like he really wants it. Great defensive work too. I like him a lot already and think there's more to come.
    Ahearne-Grant - 6.5 - improved us a bit when he came on but that was partly because JoBerg got moved back to the wing. He showed flashes of his potential and looked confident but his youth still shows with some of his decision making, which is to be expected. Missed the best chance of the first half.
    Charles-Cook - 5.5 - looked a bit lost and unfortunately we really noticed Ba was gone. Asking a lot of the kid to come on in central midfield at that stage of the game though. Might have been better to put him right back and push Cousins back into midfield, which we eventually did.

Ceballos n/a - 5 - didn't do much before going off, but needed help from an overlapping full back which Cousins wasn't supplying.
    Harriott n/a - 6 - the usual Harriott frustrations but looked lively and up for it and injected a bit of pace later in the game. I think we eventually need better, but with the squad as it is right now I'd like to see him more involved.

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Pope - 6.5 - Pity about the 'spill' otherwise solid
    Cousins - 7.5 - Was worried about him not being in the middle of the park when team announce.....I was completely wrong on that, had an excellent game at RB
    Fox - 7 - Getting better week on week it seams
    Bauer - 8 - Solid at the back and skillful as well
    Diarra - 8 - Ditto above
    Gudmundsson - 8 - First half was ok.....second half outstanding
    Ba - 7.5 - Impressed me from the off, good tackling back and worked bloody hard
    Kashi - 9 - Dear god where does he get his energy from? Absolutely my MOM, was a complete pain in Hulls side for the entire game, and protected the back four very well. This guy is going to be a Valley hero in time.
    Bergdich - 7 - Good solid game but needs to do the simple things better
    Makienok - 8 - So pleased for him, great goal, which he started with a nice lay-off, set up the winner and put himself about, would have been MOM if it wasn't for Kashi's outstanding performance. Gonna be a good target man who'll also get a few goals.
    Ahearne-Grant - 7 - Lots of pace, but still lacking some composure in last third.
    Charles-Cook - 6.5 - steady debut

Ceballos n/a
    Harriott n/a
  • Options
    Pope 6 Could have cost us 2 points
    Cousins 7 Good considering out of opposition but too many missed placed passes
    Fox 7 Excellent defensively but poor crosses from promising positions
    Bauer 8 Looked really solid again
    Diarra 8 exudes class
    Gudmusson 8 not one of his better games still gets a goal and an assist
    Ba 8 everything you want from a midfielder
    Kashi 8 Another excellent performance
    Bergdich 7 showed some promise
    Makeinok 9 good touch, works hard, an assist and a goal. Great stuf
    Aherne Grant 7 Good work down the channels
    Charles Cook 6 Difficult game for a youngster to come on for and did ok in the circumstances

Classic example of where the sum of the parts was greater than the individual. Great team performance.
  • Options
    Pope - 6
    Cousins - 7
    Fox - 6.5
    Bauer - 8.5
    Diarra - 9
    Gudmundsson - 7,5
    Ba - 8
    Kashi - 8.5
    Bergdich - 6
    Makienok - 9
    Ahearne-Grant - 7
    Charles-Cook - 5

Ceballos n/a
    Harriott n/a
  • Options

Pope - 7 would have been a clean sheet if a focussed defence had kept the opposition well away. Defence needs to back up the keeper. Note how he is getting a slating from many which I think is unfair on the feller.
    Cousins - 7 good effort but he's been better for us
    Fox - 8 growing more and more confident.
    Bauer - 9 kept on and on and on
    Diarra - 9 played with his heart, lead the team with his head. Superb
    Gudmundsson - 8 quiet first half but a Jacksonesque last-gasp goal that was sublime.
    Ba - 7 Seems to be fitting into the team well.
    Kashi - 8 like the cut of this feller's gib.
    Bergdich - 7 again, fitting in well.
    Makienok - 8 first half was not convincing but he more than made up for it with a sensational second half.
    Ahearne-Grant - 6 still young but this lad has a lot of potential.
    Charles-Cook - 6 nothing outstanding but it wasn't an easy game in which to make your debut. Tip of the hat under those circumstances.

Team overall - 9 they played with more bollocks and passion than I've seen in ages and were reading each other for some great moves. Made it into the beautiful game again.

Luzon - 10 second goal celebration and general attitude shows more determination and passion from a manager than we have seen in some time. It's different this year and I think it's really down to Guy.
  • Options
    Pope - 7
    Cousins - 7
    Fox - 7
    Bauer - 8
    Diarra - 8
    Gudmundsson - 8
    Ba - 7
    Kashi - 8
    Bergdich - 7
    Makienok - 9
    Ahearne-Grant - 6
    Charles-Cook - 6

Ceballos n/a
    Harriott n/a
  • Options
    Pope - 6.5 - Loses 1/2 point for the mistake on the goal but otherwise fine
    Cousins - 7 - Decent enough in an unfamiliar role
    Fox - 7.5 - Continues to improve
    Bauer - 8.5 - Class Act
    Diarra - 8 - Impressive
    Gudmundsson - 7.5 - Not his best performance but on the spot for the winner
    Ba - 7.5 - Getting better
    Kashi - 9 (MOM) - Never stops running, looks a great acquisition.
    Bergdich - 7 -
    Makienok - 8.5 - Started slowly but terrific second half performance.
    Ahearne-Grant - 7 More to come
    Charles-Cook - 6.5 Ditto
  • Options
    Pope - 8
    Cousins - 8
    Fox - 8
    Bauer - 8
    Diarra - 8
    Gudmundsson - 9
    Ba - 8
    Kashi - 8
    Bergdich - 8
    Makienok - 9
    Ahearne-Grant - 7
    Charles-Cook - 7
  • Options
    I'm going to start with a done an acceptable job of 6. Better than 6 is a good score.

Pope - 5 wasn't troubled much, generally did better than expected but -1 point for spilling a fairly easy one (defenders shouldn't have allowed it to get to him but you have to deal with it as last line of defence). Still concerned about his distribution which was not so godawful as l had seen before. Overall think he is better than I saw last time out but challenging for him at this level

Cousins - 7 - difficult to see where he was playing for me. Better in the middle of the park than on the edges but always a good contributor

Fox - 6- not one of his better days, continues to struggle to really be on it all of the time. He is still very young and he will for sure have better turns out

Bauer - 8 - what a defender he is. Totally solid. We were super unhappy that bikey got sidelined on luzons arrival as they clearly have issues. Bikey for us was one of the best players on the park for a lot of last season and his omission was worrying. Bauer is one of the best central defenders I have seen. Top class.

Diarra - 7.5 I hope we can get him out of central defense and into midfield but with kashi looking very strong there diarra's reading of the game and positioning plays well against his slight lack of pace. Good player.
    Gudmundsson - 7 - should have scored a difficult one on one with their keeper but has a lot of quality and his full neck powered header for the winner was worth more points than I've handed out here.

Ba - 6- helped to shut the midfield down in the first half against a very strong hull team who I thought could rip us to shreds. Ball over to ahearne grant was top class. Possibly harsh score at 6

Kashi - 8 - what a player we have here. Let's hope he keeps fit because he totally closes out some very good midfielders

Bergdich - 5 - slightly disappointed. He has quality but I didn't see it come through. Generally I expect more from him though and can see him hitting 7 or 8 soon enough

Makienok - 8.5 - said elsewhere, personally I hate marmite but fan of the very big man. Did well enough in the first half to merit a 7 but in the second both scored and made the second.

Ahearne-Grant - 6 - had more of a chance due to injuries but still a bit snatchy at it for a starting place
    Charles-Cook - 5- good run out for him and think will be good over time. Well done.

Ceballos n/a
    Harriott n/a

Luzon, totally bat shit crazy. Looks crazy, acts crazy but has his head properly screwed on. 9.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pope - 6
    Cousins - 7
    Fox - 7
    Bauer - 8
    Diarra - 8
    Gudmundsson - 7.5
    Ba - 8
    Kashi - 8.5
    Bergdich - 7
    Makienok - 9 MOM
    Ahearne-Grant - 7.5
    Charles-Cook - 6

• Options
    Pope - 6.5
    Cousins - 7
    Fox - 7
    Bauer - 8
    Diarra - 8
    Gudmundsson - 8
    Ba - 7.5
    Kashi - 8.5
    Bergdich - 6
    Makienok - 8.5
    Ahearne-Grant - 6.5
    Charles-Cook - 6.5
  • Options
    Watched via decent internet stream..

Pope - 6
    Cousins - 7
    Fox - 7
    Bauer - 7
    Diarra - 8
    Gudmundsson - 8
    Ba - 7
    Kashi - 8
    Bergdich - 7
    Makienok - 8
    Ahearne-Grant -6
    Charles-Cook - 6

Ceballos n/a
    Harriott n/a
  • Options

WOW!
    for those of you watching the match today your marks please, just copy and paste the list:

Pope - 7
    Cousins - 7
    Fox - 7
    Bauer - 8
    Diarra - 8
    Gudmundsson - 7
    Ba - 7
    Kashi - 8
    Bergdich - 7
    Makienok - 9
    Ahearne-Grant - 7
    Charles-Cook - 6

Ceballos n/a
    Harriott n/a

• Options
    edited August 2015
    Pope - 8 - Commanded his area well, played out of defence and held it up when the players were tired, no blame for their goal, the defence stood back, not many keepers would have held that shot. Just wish the football genius's that are caning him would just do one. Idiots.
    Cousins - 6 - Not his greatest game but was a make do full back, much better when moved into midfield.
    Fox - 6 - Again an average game, would like to see him push forward a little more, but still head and shoulders better than last year. First choice leftie.
    Bauer - 9 - What can you say, a Trojan, brilliant performance and working well with Diarra. What a signing
    Diarra - 9 - What can you say, a Trojan, brilliant performance and working well with Bauer. What a signing
    gudmundsson - 9 - Missed a sitter first half, created Big Maks goal, and I loved him drifting in for the winner.
    Ba - 8.5 - Another excellent singing, we looked average when he came off leaving Kashi to do more work.
    Kashi - 8.5 - What a player, yet another superb signing. Here there and everywhere.
    Bergdich - 7.5 - Showed some quality touches and pace and a nice run in the first finishing with a shot that Dawson blocked for a corner.
    Makienok - 9.5 - MOM - Steller perfromance, a box to box forward, defended well all game, got his goal, was a bloody handful against an England international, brave, some good touches, a well taken goal, and an assist......yes this is a Charlton striker we are talking about.
    Ahearne-Grant -7.5 - I like this lad, great potential, didn't melt at all facing a very good back four. Some intelligent runs, just needs a bit of composure when pulling the trigger.
    Charles-Cook -7 - Chucked in at the deep end, then moved to full back, had a shot, again needs to stop his head going Wibble before he shoots.

** Guy Luzon - 9.5 - What can you say, Tactically exceptional, especially when he realised that we were losing the midfield and he swapped Charles-Cook for Cousins. Has injected so much spirit and passion into this team. The mans a winner and thats what we have been crying out for, for years.

Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This.
  • Options
    Pope - 6
    Cousins - 6
    Fox - 7
    Bauer - 8
    Diarra - 8
    Gudmundsson - 7
    Ba - 8
    Kashi -9 MOM- imperious
    Bergdich - 6
    Makienok - 9
    Ahearne-Grant - 6
    Charles-Cook - 6
  • Options
    Pope - 7
    Cousins - 7
    Fox - 8
    Bauer - 8
    Diarra - 9
    Gudmundsson - 7
    Ba - 8
    Kashi - 8
    Bergdich - 7
    Makienok - 8
    Ahearne-Grant - 7.5
    Charles-Cook - 7
  • Options

BertieB said:

Pope - 4 when is Henderson back?
    Cousins - 7
    Fox - 6
    Bauer - 8
    Diarra - 8
    Gudmundsson - 8 made up for that miss big time
    Ba - 7
    Kashi - 8
    Bergdich - 6 looked clueless in the final third
    Makienok - 9 faultless hold up striker display
    Ahearne-Grant - 7
    Charles-Cook - 5

Cmon !!!!
    He fumbled a belter of a shot which he couldnt see much of, and seemed to geta little bobble - what else did he do wrong ?
    I thought Pope played really well other than that.
    A belter? Hardly. Don't get me wrong, I don't like slamming our own players and I do see the potential in Pope but he does make similar mistakes that we just don't see Henderson make. 9 times out of 10 that would have cost us 2 points.
  • Options
    Pope - 6
    Cousins - 7
    Fox - 7
    Bauer - 8
    Diarra - 8
    Gudmundsson - 7.5
    Ba - 7
    Kashi - 8
    Bergdich - 7
    Makienok - 9
    Ahearne-Grant - 7
    Charles-Cook - 6

Ceballos n/a
    Harriott n/a
  • Options
    BertieB said:

BertieB said:

Pope - 4 when is Henderson back?
    Cousins - 7
    Fox - 6
    Bauer - 8
    Diarra - 8
    Gudmundsson - 8 made up for that miss big time
    Ba - 7
    Kashi - 8
    Bergdich - 6 looked clueless in the final third
    Makienok - 9 faultless hold up striker display
    Ahearne-Grant - 7
    Charles-Cook - 5

Cmon !!!!
    He fumbled a belter of a shot which he couldnt see much of, and seemed to geta little bobble - what else did he do wrong ?
    I thought Pope played really well other than that.
    A belter? Hardly. Don't get me wrong, I don't like slamming our own players and I do see the potential in Pope but he does make similar mistakes that we just don't see Henderson make. 9 times out of 10 that would have cost us 2 points.
    Rubbish! It was a belter of a shot, went through a crowd of players, bounced right in front of him, he couldn't push it wide, had no choice but to try and catch, it. He had no support from the defence on that one, I cant think of one keeper that would have guaranteed to hold it.