Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Hull - Post Match Thread

Comments

• Who did the tunnel jump?
  • edited August 2015

Who did the tunnel jump?

Makienok
    He didn't need to did he? :wink:
  • Also love that Guy was on the pitch celebrating at the end....love the bloke.
  • How was Cousins at RB?
  • Even with this good performance, the sooner we get rid of players that are not wanted by Luzon: Nego, Polish Pete, Tucudean, Bikey, probably Harriot, and get in the players that will make us stronger
  • Sponsored links:

• Absolutely buzzing from that. Same situation last season and we would have ended up losing. It's not just the quality of the players brought in (though we ended up with loads of Academy lads on the field) it's the spirit of the team. Pleased for big Mak and what a cross from JBG. I didn't doubt we would get the 2nd (which is some leap of faith).

Absolutely cracking game.
  • I thought we were well in control of that game until Ba went off and then there was more space for them in the middle. I thought Diarra and Bauer were immense today and with that foundation at the back it bodes well for this season. Also, Kashi and Ba (until he went off) had the midfield pretty much sewn up.

JBG was all over the place and deserved his goal for his perseverance if for nothing else. Big Mak grew into the game and was outstanding the second half.

To have won that with all the injuries before and during the game says a lot for the character of the squad and also Guy Luzon.
  • That is a good point Cabbles, i was quite annoyed with the team in the minutes leading up to the Hull goal for sitting back but it probably was just tiredness setting in after a battling performance in that sun.
  • I was one of the few on here willing to give Luzon a chance
    Cant fault him so far
  • Haven't celebrated a goal like that at The Valley since Jackson scored against QPR.

The difference being that this time it was about ten times more dramatic!
  • How was Cousins at RB?

Watching on stream, I thought he dealt with the task quite well, although he wasn't put under huge pressure.
  • Agreed i take back my frustration.

Either way, it does not matter because we won!
  • Sponsored links:

• What can I say. This is a team full of such promise and I don't think we are up to speed yet. Luzon is such a positive coach. Big Mak was magnificent. Injuries to very key players seemed to make little difference to the outlook of the team. Buzzing. I want to see their goal again before I comment on Nick.
  • I recorded this so I thought I would relive the last 15 minutes all over again, gloat at the victory and savor the celebrations. Really looking forward to that, only to find the last 5 minutes were cut off. Because so much time had been added, the recording finished.

Bummer. :-)

Note to self. "Add another 30 minutes to all future recordings".
  • So... That was brilliant.
  • edited August 2015
    You gotta love the passion of our head coach. Celebrated with the players as if he'd scored the winner himself and got sent to the stands for his trouble. Simon Makienok will now affectionately be known as Hamlet. He is the king of Denmark. Only downside today was GL's decision to play RCC in central midfield. That put us on the back foot for the last 15 mins. Still, that aside, a fantastic performance and a fantastic win. Onwards and upwards ....

• Just remember for every winner, there's a loser. Hahahahahaha.

And my £10 miraculously turned to £38 !!!!
  • That's what it's all about, that's why we go

• Just remember for every winner, there's a loser. Hahahahahaha.

Shoulda cashed out, you numpty.