Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Posh v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Wow Kashi's goal.
  • Options
    Unlucky Kashi with that 40 yard shot ???

You just failed to win the crossbar challenge.
  • Options
    Anyone know how much you get for winning each round? Didn't realise the prize money was so pitiful (in footballing terms!). £100k for the winner and £50k for runner up, no wonder the 'big' teams don't put their full strength sides out
  • Options

For those who can't or have not seen Kashi's goal yet:

Just imagining watching a repeat at Selhurst in a couple of weeks :)
  • Options
    se9addick said:

When/where will the highlights be ?

Selhurst in September :)

• Options
    Bugger, I can't open that in Belgium. Sigh ....
  • Options
    skywalker said:

Bugger, I can't open that in Belgium. Sigh ....
    Hola VPN add-on. :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:

Just Got Back.

Glad I made the decision to go in order to see the Kashi goal, and the start of the road back for Igor, Kennedy scoring on his first team debut, and our 17 year old KAG lead the line with very impressive authority, and scoring the penalty with apparent ease.
    Peterborough were pretty poor, not as good as Dagenham I would say, and while they passed it about a bit, they were error prone and not difficult to overcome. Considering we had a bit of a makeshift team, we passed it about, looked for the killer pass, were at ease at all times, players showed nice bits and pieces, and apart (sadly) from Callum, all the players had a really good time.
    I thought Lennon showed well, out of position at left back, he is pretty fleet footed when he wants to be. I wouldn't change Diarra for Sarr, Sarr needs to keep adjusting to his new circumstances, Bauer continues to be imperious, and Charles Cook continues his impressive development. Cousins and Ba were on top in midfield, and Bergdich was a bit hit and miss out wide.
    KAG played very well, and was a constant menace, Igor was good, lovely first time finish set up beautifully by Muldoon, Kennedy helped with the early poachers goal, but still has a way to go, and Kashi is simply a force of nature at the moment, he slammed the post, and I have not seen it yet, but his audacious 40 yard goal will probably be our best goal this season. Kashi is fast becoming as good a signing as Kinsella, and that is praise indeed.
    Felt like about 500 or so Charlton there, in good spirits even though long parts of the game, particularly the first half, passed like a pre-season friendly or a training game.
    On the drive home heard about the Palace draw. They say everything comes in threes, well in the first round it was 4-1, in the second round it was 4-1 so now onto the third round :wink:

Pretty much this for me. Enjoyed the night was in the executive suite with some Posh supporting friends, got in the tunnel and on the pitch pre game chance to shake hands with both Guy Luzon and Jordan Cousins before KO, didn't realise just how big Pope is!!
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Another great night at London Road.
    First half was very even but the second was men against boys.
    It's hard to say how decent we were because Peterborough were so bad.
    At times we ripped them apart on the counter and most of the time our final pass let us down.
    Baure was immense as usual. Saar looked comfortable along side him.
    Jordon didn't have his greatest game and neither did Callum.

I can say I was there when we scored one of the greatest goals ever scored in a Charlton shirt. Amazing 45 yard lob.Worth the admission fee alone.

Lovely set up by mulhoon for Igors goal too and a good finish.

Peterborough fans were shocking. Less than 2000 home fans in the ground.

A great night only slightly dampened by the fact that we have to go to The Nigels in the next round.

I'm not interested in Harriott's performance, what was his son wearing?

Ronaldo kit

Messi went tits
  • Options
    Its no wonder SKY don't wanna show us that often, they've got Bob Peeters as current Editor;

Charlton's young guns seized their moment in the Capital One Cup spotlight to breeze to a 4-1 victory at Peterborough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I dont think we have ever produced so many young guns that are all so composed on the ball, the total lack of fear in their play can only be down to how much focus is on being comfortable on the ball
  • Options

So many positives from that game.

Kennedy and Muldoon debuts, KAG scoring again, strength in depth and Igor back and in the goals. Keeping the winning habit too.

Anyone but Palace in the next round. They will be too much of a distraction.

A nice money spinner please where we can see how good this side can be.

"anyone but palace"

• Options
    Great evening, topped by a wonder goal from Kashi.

Nabby Sarr is effin huge, I stood a couple of yards away from him when they came out to warm up and he made me feel small and I'm 6' 1"! He looked pretty solid and should make a good back up CH. The whole crowd took an intake of breath when Luzon gave him a slap (lol)

Bauer, my word what a rock in our defence, a major find by the club, the kids all did well, I thought Ahern-Grant had his best game for us, his running off the ball was excellent.

There was only one player on the night who was below par, I'll leave you to make your own minds up who that might be!
  • Options

I dont think we have ever produced so many young guns that are all so composed on the ball, the total lack of fear in their play can only be down to how much focus is on being comfortable on the ball

Totally agree.
  • Options

To those that attend the U18 / U21 matches... Would they say that these age groups play a similar style of Football to the First Team?

Previously I've always found that the youngsters have played a nice style of Football only to play very Defensive Football when they reach the First Team meaning that the difference in styles means that its harder for them to adapt... If everyone from the First Team to the U18s is now singing from the same hymn sheet I've always thought it would make the transition easier
  • Options
    Good point FA,
    but if Tony and Igor are up front the ball needs to be played to feet,
    Where as when the great Dane is there you can play to feet or in the air.
    Found it frustrating last season when we played it in the air and we had no one up front who could win a header. Igor could but not when the CB's were 8 ins taller.
  • Options
    a great start for some of our youngsters .. perhaps we don't need to sign anymore outsiders ? .. Kashi's goal .. it will take a fantastic effort to beat that for the Goal of the Season award .. nice to see Igor back and firing .. great to draw Palace, shame it's not at the Valley though