Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Posh v Charlton - Post Match Views

1235»

Comments

• I agree Reza looks much more like him

• A team full of gary's we want a team full of gary's
  • ross1 said:

I would rather a goal scorer that could not spell, than an intellect that could not play football

Or go with Albert Camus, although I do concede he was a 'keeper, not a striker.
    I've always thought that this board was lacking in existentialist philosophy
  • He does in my opinion. And apparently quite a few others going by the people who apparently sung it at Peterborough?

just a thought, can we not base our songs on our fans not being able to tell the difference between two non-white people...

also, the fuck is gary?

Christ.
  • He does in my opinion. And apparently quite a few others going by the people who apparently sung it at Peterborough?

just a thought, can we not base our songs on our fans not being able to tell the difference between two non-white people...

also, the fuck is gary?

Christ.
    Gary is Christ? The resemblance passed me by.

The guy in the top picture is this Gary, who was in fools and horses ?

and looks the double of Reza, but one person thinks he looks like Ahmed,
    so everyone one joins in ?

I just don't get it Dave,

Now where's that new broom ?

• I think all those tats must be affecting GJ Vision
  • Nothing to do with me I wasn't even there. I was just laughing at the divs trying to make something out of it, and the I can see a bit of a resemblance in the face.
  • No. This is Kashi.
  • Sponsored links:

also, the fuck is gary?

Christ.
    Well usually when i walk into a room full of women they look and say "jesus..."

also, the fuck is gary?

Christ.
    Well usually when i walk into a room full of women they look and say
    "jesus; would you mind turning these bottles of water into wine"

Fixed.

• edited August 2015
    No this is Kashi.
    The Prince of football
  • edited August 2015

Essex_Al said:

A few posters have stated already that Peterborough were a poor team, I don't agree with that actually. It would be interesting to see how many shots they had last night, most of them off target I might add, but at times they played some nice football, we just overpowered them.

They had a midfield player playing in pink boots and I said to my Grandson that he needs to be good to get away with wearing them, to be fair, he pulled the strings for them and looked quite useful, didn't take a note of his name though!

Peterborough were not a poor team. They were a really poor team! Reality check
    Stats don't lie!

Peterborough 53% possession
    9 corners
    6 shots on target
    17 shots off target
  • edited August 2015
    Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

A few posters have stated already that Peterborough were a poor team, I don't agree with that actually. It would be interesting to see how many shots they had last night, most of them off target I might add, but at times they played some nice football, we just overpowered them.

They had a midfield player playing in pink boots and I said to my Grandson that he needs to be good to get away with wearing them, to be fair, he pulled the strings for them and looked quite useful, didn't take a note of his name though!

Peterborough were not a poor team. They were a really poor team! Reality check
    Stats don't lie!

Peterborough 53% possession
    9 corners
    6 shots on target
    17 shots off target
    That's pretty interesting.

From the highlights (I wasn't there unfortunately) Peterborough did look pretty capable of some nice touches and semi smooth play. Naturally I can't really comment though as those highlights are 90+ mins condensed down to a couple.

However I do find it interesting that (in the league at least) we are playing with confidence and seem to be pretty good at the moment... but I keep hearing that our opposition had off days. For example, Hull were flying high and we punctured their bubble, but apparently they weren't really playing their best according to some.

Are teams playing poor against us or are we just confident and capable of causing damage at the moment? The probablity of multiple teams having off days against us seems less likely than us just being good.

Either way, long may it continue!
  • edited August 2015

seth plum said:

I dont think we have ever produced so many young guns that are all so composed on the ball, the total lack of fear in their play can only be down to how much focus is on being comfortable on the ball

To those that attend the U18 / U21 matches... Would they say that these age groups play a similar style of Football to the First Team?

Previously I've always found that the youngsters have played a nice style of Football only to play very Defensive Football when they reach the First Team meaning that the difference in styles means that its harder for them to adapt... If everyone from the First Team to the U18s is now singing from the same hymn sheet I've always thought it would make the transition easier
    I suppose the culture of the first team is to get down and dirty, and to win and survive at all costs, but at the other levels it is about player development.

Personally I believe it is a bit of a false disparity, it is possible to have a cold winning mentality below the first team, as well as to try to play good football. I also think it is possible for the first team to combine good football, and individual skill, with a winning mentality.

It is hard to say that Charlton teams at all levels play to the same template, which used to be the mantra of all clubs in the past, but that way you don't allow for the individuals you have, the cards you are dealt.

It is possibly more fruitful to focus on what makes an individual footballer a footballer, and a certain position a certain position. Joe Gomez has been brought through to be a fine player, not moulded to the Powell/Hart/Matthew/Avory/Euell/Freye/Riga/Peeters/Luzon way, as that would be rather an absurd demand, bvut encouraged to be as good a player as he can personally be.

At Charlton we have a really good group of young players, and there is not a lot more they can do to convince the wider or less interested public that that is true beyond what is happening.
    Last night the average age of the side was 21, teams at all levels of the club win trophies, the list of recent players who have made a first team breakthrough is getting too long to type out, other clubs sniff around Charlton constantly, parents who pause and contemplate things realise that Charlton is a good destination, players released by 'bigger' clubs are more than happy to end up with a gig at Charlton at whatever level.

I am not sure if I have answered your point, but in many ways our academy is one of the most glittering jewels in our crown, and if we lose that we lose a hell of a lot.
    Chelsea had 43 players out on loan last season, and only John Terry has made it through their ranks in recent years, Chelsea may have all the money and status, an academy facility like a country park, but in terms of genuine player development, they are barely fit to tie the bootlaces of Charlton as a proper football club.

Know what your trying to say and think that the first line of your comment is the main thing.

Here in England, we've always been taught that winning is everything and that you've got to win at all costs so that previously, youth academies in this country have concentrated on the result rather than the players development... In Germany / Spain etc... it seems as though its the other way around, your taught to play Football and if you lose the match it doesnt matter so long as the development of the player isn't hindered.
    If you have a very thin squad, with good defenders and only one capable striker (Vetokele) ... how can you play an offensive style of play. I think BP didn't get enough support from RD on that matter ...