Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Customer Service - A thing of the past

1235»

Comments

• Options
    ross1 said:

Benson Beds, do not touch them. Bought a bed in there about 6 weeks ago after being assured by the saleswoman it was real wood and not MDF. Found out on internet she was wrong and it was MDF, cancelled the bed because I believed we had been wrongly informed when we purchased. They said it would cost 20% of the total cost to cancel, which was about £100. I emailed their head office in disgust a month ago, no answer, emailed again two weeks ago, still no answer, do not expect one now. I know I can try the small claims court, but why should I?

@ross1. Did you pay by credit card?
  • Options

I'm struggling to remember this golden age when customer service in the UK was so brilliant. Certainly not in my life time.

Seems better, overall, IMHO than it was in the past as long as you avoid the companies that pay minimum wage and offer goods and services dead cheap (Ryan Air, Sports Direct, Currys, etc).

But then if you go with a budget firm then what can you expect. You know they are cheap for a reason.

I took a pair of boots back to Sports Direct at the wekend because the tops had started to split. I had them 9 months. They swopped them for a new pair without quibbling and gave me a £10 credit note as they had gone down in price since I bought them. I can't fault their service and will use them again.
  • Options

ross1 said:

Benson Beds, do not touch them. Bought a bed in there about 6 weeks ago after being assured by the saleswoman it was real wood and not MDF. Found out on internet she was wrong and it was MDF, cancelled the bed because I believed we had been wrongly informed when we purchased. They said it would cost 20% of the total cost to cancel, which was about £100. I emailed their head office in disgust a month ago, no answer, emailed again two weeks ago, still no answer, do not expect one now. I know I can try the small claims court, but why should I?

@ross1. Did you pay by credit card?
    Yes, and thank you, as someone has already reminded me about paying by credit card and my bank is dealing with it now
  • Options
    While I am talking about banks, I have been with Nationwide now for about 16 years, and recommend them over customer services. Sometimes not the top in interest rates, but their service makes up for it.
  • Options

rikofold said:

Seth, I've never met a first direct customer who didn't say the same thing

Been with First Direct since '94, never had a problem with them.
    I'm another very satisfied First Direct Customer. So easy to deal with - they always answer promptly 24 x 7 and nothing is ever too much trouble. If you really need a branch, HSBC are pretty decent back-up.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

While I am talking about banks, I have been with Nationwide now for about 16 years, and recommend them over customer services. Sometimes not the top in interest rates, but their service makes up for it.

Agree. I have been with Nationwide for nearly 25 years.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Tried to buy a kitchen work surface in B&Q tonight. They can't deliver it until the back end of November.
  • Options

Tried to buy a kitchen work surface in B&Q tonight. They can't deliver it until the back end of November.

Don't use B&Q or Wickes for anything like that. You can get an account for Benchmarks pretty easily. They sell the same stuff as Wickes which is decent quality and very reasonably priced.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Bumped into this article about Miele as a brand. I liked the concern that they could not find the right colour part for a 36-year-old vacuum cleaner.

bbc.co.uk/news/business-34290597

Of course, rather than providing free advertising for an independent family-owned German manufacturer, the BBC could have chosen a British one and written almost exactly the same article. A company like Dualit, for example, which is currently running a competition to find it's oldest working toaster.

BTW, a company called Ebac has recently started producing British-made washing machines. The product looks well designed - it will be interesting to watch their progress.

• Options
    Bought a Vax vacuum cleaner about 4 months ago, a part on the handle broke, so they sent me a complete new cleaner. How's that for customer service?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:

Bought a Vax vacuum cleaner about 4 months ago, a part on the handle broke, so they sent me a complete new cleaner. How's that for customer service?

They're just sucking up to you.
  • Options

ross1 said:

They're just sucking up to you.
    Would be Dyson with death otherwise
  • Options
    Norfolk cleaning co

Charging the earth, rates and time allowed, for an awful service. Lost linen, poor cleaning, poor chaotic management, charging 4 hours where it should take 2, misquoting, not providng rates up front.

Sharp practice akin to fraud/theft in my view and a well known large company.

I don't know how these people sleep at night.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Same problem happened to me. Now it just sits in the corner collecting dust.*

*©Mr Tim Vine