Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Anyone expecting a signing tomorrow?

Comments

• Options
    In answer to the thread's question, yes, Van Gaal! Whoops.
  • Options
    We need a winger and cover at RB but it won't happen.
  • Options

Sadly, have become accustomed to nothing happening on deadline day, so have no expectations whatsoever.

Players going out the club on deadline day.

• Options
    Yann on loan :smiley:
  • Options

A Charlton signing on deadline day?

Whoa, whoa, whoa - didn't we sign Danny Murphy AND Francis Jeffers one transfer deadline day ?
  • Options
    Without checking weren't Murphy,Parker and Yann all sold on deadline day ?
  • Options
    Was Reza and Polish Pete deadline signings?
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Without checking weren't Murphy,Parker and Yann all sold on deadline day ?

Yep. And Andy Reid and Dale Stephens.
  • Options
    Kelly, Pennant and a premier loan
  • Options
    I can't believe we would let all those players go without having at least one new signing already lined up.

Leaves the squad threadbare if we don't which is a ridiculous way to run a club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm curious what the point is in keeping the likes of Joe Piggott if he isn't even considered good enough to recall from loan when our only other target man picks up an injury (let alone not loan out in the first place).

It reminds me of the case of Michael Smith to whom we paid three years of wages for zero first team appearances because it took us that long to work out he wasn't good enough.
  • Options

I'm curious what the point is in keeping the likes of Joe Piggott if he isn't even considered good enough to recall from loan when our only other target man picks up an injury (let alone not loan out in the first place).

Most likely he can't be recalled as those are the terms of the loan.
  • Options

Ok maybe, thanks.

Still not sure why we would loan him in that case rather than sell him (assuming a bid was available). He's 21 years old and has made 40-odd league appearances so if he's not considered good enough yet to even be bench back-up for Makienok then I suspect he never will be Championship quality.
  • Options
    You suspect Pigott might never be Championship quality? What a rum notion! ;)
  • Options
    Leuth said:

You suspect Pigott might never be Championship quality? What a rum notion! ;)

I can't claim to have seen him play.
  • Options

Ok maybe, thanks.

Still not sure why we would loan him in that case rather than sell him (assuming a bid was available). He's 21 years old and has made 40-odd league appearances so if he's not considered good enough yet to even be bench back-up for Makienok then I suspect he never will be Championship quality.
    Are the key words.

Southend know he's out of contract next summer so can wait.

We'll try to get a fee from them or elsewhere in January depending on how well or badly he's done.
  • Options
    Murray to Bournemouth would suggest that Yann isn't going to figure much in their plans this season but I assume we won't be making an enquiry for reasons discussed here previously
  • Options
    Talal said:

I can't wait for the sky sports news lot to go live to The Valley for breaking news..

Who will be playing the parts of the 3 losers who should have jobs to go to; the 12 kids with some kind of hyper-active disorder; and the twat sticking the dildo in Bryan Swansons ear?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Leaves the squad threadbare... which is a ridiculous way to run a club.

Welcome to Roly Douchebag's charlton athletic experiment.
    RD has softened his line with cafc from his original position but he gives his management team (in this case KM and GL) a budget to work within and they have to get on with achieving their set objectives. Threadbare squads, selling players purely for working capital requirements and frequent changes of head coach/team manager/whatever are all parts of the m.o.

• Options
    Big Fat No
  • Options
    kevtherev said:

Big Fat No

Centre Back?
  • Options
    SORDELL LEAVES BURNLEY

Striker Marvin Sordell has left Burnley after his contract was cancelled by mutual consent. - Wasted talent!!
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

SORDELL LEAVES BURNLEY

Striker Marvin Sordell has left Burnley after his contract was cancelled by mutual consent. - Wasted talent!!

Waste of space more like!
  • Options
    really disappointed we didn't sign Henry.
  • Options

Me too, but I think he does Sky Sports with Jamie these days.
  • Options

As he was on the train to Charlton with Tracey to sign his contract, he started singing "No one likes us" as the train passed the Den, so Tracey threw him out of the carriage,