Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ralph Milne in critical condition (ed. RIP)

13»

Comments

• Options

iirc was Ralph's goal at OT against us a strike from the edge of the area that took a big deflection or am I simply making that up

Yeah took a big deflection on it's way in.
  • Options
    Very very sad news, RIP Ralph
  • Options
    Very sad. A life cut short too soon. RIP.
  • Options

Remember seeing him in the Full Members Cup final v Blackburn at Wembley. Always thought he was no where near as bad as portrayed by many fans, just couldn't deliver consistently for us. RIP Ralph, so sad.

He was one of our few bright players that day. Think it was him that had our only serious shot on goal...saved by keeper's legs down the far end.

Saw his goal against us for Man Utd. Think it took a big deflection. Lost 3-0 and had Steve Gritt playing centre-back because we were short.

Also remember seeing him on the train to Coventry. He wasn't in the team that day but seemed to be making his own way to the game (all suited up etc). Seemed very odd...maybe he'd missed the coach?

Sad story and will be very fondly remembered by the Dundee Utd fans.
  • Options
    Remember both the above games,RIP Ralph
  • Options
    A fleeting if memorable presence at Charlton.

Sad for anyone to die so relatively young.

RIP.
  • Options
    RIP Ralph
  • Options
    Rest in peace Ralph
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sad news.... RIP Ralph
  • Options
    Just been chatting to an old aquaintence (via FB) he is a Dundee Utd supporter and still thinks Ralph Milne is the most exciting player he has seen in a Tangerine shirt..sent me a clip (Youtube) of the goal that won them the league back in 83.
  • Options
    RIP imho Our motm in full members cup final.
  • Options
    Fucking alcohol. Its a shit drug. RIP.
  • Options
    I know you shouldn't speak ill of the deceased. But, he was one of the worst players to ever wear the shirt. God bless you Ralph , RIP.
  • Options
    Ralph Milne when he made his debut for CAFC had only been playing European football ? no domestic football.
    He ran on to the field and looked like he was puffing after the warm up.
    He either looked very good or very bad. Alex Ferguson saw him on one of his very good days at Bristol City.
    To die at 54 from liver disease cause by alcohol is sad,
    Adults need to make decisions in Life whether to rob banks,do drugs, alcohol
    Gamble, plenty of other vices are available !
    If Ralph's sad decline make's one football fan think why am i always pissed when i watch football and need a drink most days of the week then it won't have been in vain.
    RIP Ralph.
  • Options
    Very sad, RIP Ralph.