Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CAFC fans wanted for Football League Tonight this Saturday

13»

Comments

• Options
    I still can't stand the programme, but like Prague, I also thought JJ did himself proud and is a credit to our club.
  • Options
    saw a couple of away veterans amongst the Addicks 'crowd' .. fame at last .. Broadway and Hollywood beckon ((:>)
  • Options
    The programme is improving
  • Options
    Hopefully Michael Gray wasnt a temp stand in, thought he did better than Virgo
  • Options

Hopefully Michael Gray wasnt a temp stand in, thought he did better than Virgo

Michael Gray has been working in the media now for a number of years on
    Talk sport,Radio 5 and been on TV as well. so along with JJ the bar was raise last night plus Kelly(sky and radio 5) and George(radio 5) are pro broadcasters so it should improve to a decent level.
    Virgo is only in his 2nd season of being on BT Sport, and it's written in the stars that he will get there in time.
  • Options
    Michael Gray has been a regular presenter on beIN Sports for the last 2-3 years, and he has been very good.
  • Options
    It must only be me that still thinks it's crap.
    One example is they still persist in giving away the results of matches before they properly show the goals, takes away the mildly surprising element if you don't know the scores or results in advance.
    The show might like to experiment with no presenters, guests or studio audience at all, and use that time to show more football possibly with a voiceover to link things.
  • Options
    No Seth, as the presenter of the best football highlights show ever to have existed you and 1000s of others are right. I will rise again and take back the football league highlights.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

No Seth, as the presenter of the best football highlights show ever to have existed you and 1000s of others are right. I will rise again and take back the football league highlights.

Forgive me, but remind me of the show your referring to.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2015
    seth plum said:

It must only be me that still thinks it's crap.

No, it's crap!

PS: And the George Riley fella is cringeworthy; just as he is when doing the sports bulletins on 5 Live.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

My mate who doesn't support Charlton just messaged me this

'Some very interesting and cultured Charlton fans on Football League Tonight.'

'One of them had trouble pronouncing the word 'optimistic'.'

Going well so far then

That was in the 10 seconds or so I saw - it was pretty bad.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

cabbles said:

My profile photo is a homage to the greatest football show presenter ever, to the greatest football show ever
  • Options
    To be honest I only want to see the goals and for the programme not to finish at 1:30am, does both that.

To fine tune I think an ex pro as host would be better, thought Gray would be good. I'd prefer ex footballers talking to current footballers, might make responses less scripted.

Not garbage but could be better.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

seth plum said:

cabbles said:

My profile photo is a homage to the greatest football show presenter ever, to the greatest football show ever
    Even allowing for your Hyperbole Cabbles;
    I liked the format of 3 people in a studio,
    until the budget got cut and Lizzy upstairs disappeared,
    Then it was just Manish and Steve or Leroy.
    Mugs of coffee.
    No Adverts.
    Manish wanting to know how Blackpool are run.
    Steve's insider knowledge on every Pro(easy tiger) over the last 25 years.
    why were you sacked again after 10 minutes at Torquay, Leroy ?(true fact)
    The halcyon days of cheap late night tv League football for the real football
    aficionado have gone, never to be seen again.

This is similar to when Kajagoogoo split up ?
    You remember the day that music died.

• Options
    It's definitely improving. I'd say it's a good show now.

I enjoyed the stats about the money spent in each European country's second division
  • Options
    I still think its a poor show, the bloody adverts annoy me as well. Yes I do record it so can cut them out but I'm not overly keen on the show at all to be honest, and this week they started with extended highlights of the Friday night match that had been shown live on Sky, surely that could have been shown last and maybe a bit more time on other games that hadn't been 'live'?
  • Options
    cabbles said:

seth plum said:

cabbles said:

You're too young to remember the Big Match them.
  • Options

cabbles said:

seth plum said:

cabbles said:

Mugs of coffee.
    No Adverts.

Kajagoogoo have split up ?

No !!!

When did that happen?
  • Options

cabbles said:

seth plum said:

cabbles said:

Mugs of coffee.
    No Adverts.

I don't remember them that well Sam, I was born in 82. But everything you've outlined above was pure football heaven. In fact I think when Lizzie got cut and it was just Manish, Steve & Leroy in a quiet studio until 5am, it was heaven.
    iainment said:

cabbles said:

seth plum said:

cabbles said:

You're too young to remember the Big Match them.
    Was that Brian Moore. I remember him on LWT Sundays. It was a combination of games involving us, Watford, Luton, Millwall, Southend, Palace. It was great

We always lost until Garry Nelson got us a 1-0 win away at WBA
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cabbles said:

seth plum said:

cabbles said:

Mugs of coffee.
    No Adverts.

No !!!

When did that happen?

I could tell you, but it's a never ending story.
  • Options
    I thought it was because you were too shy, shy.
  • Options

cabbles said:

seth plum said:

cabbles said:

Mugs of coffee.
    No Adverts.

No !!!

When did that happen?
    Most of those 80's bands got back together again.
    TBH i was more Human League but Kajagoogoo was such a great/silly name.

• Options
    Only just caught up with this via Sky Plus as were told on Friday afternoon that our moving date is next Monday...help!!

Anyway, wanted to ask , was there a sighting of JA ?

I saw the lovely Lynne and hubby, Keith there which was a nice surprise, especially as she had her legs out for the lads....:-) Lynne is the ardent Addick ( home & away) who was hospitalised after being hit by a coin a few seasons back, in the North Lower.

And of course, it was well worth finding a window in the chaos here to see the scrumptious JJ ! Don't you just love him ? What a great example of our great Club he is !

Back to the boxes ......
  • Options

Only just caught up with this via Sky Plus as were told on Friday afternoon that our moving date is next Monday...help!!

Anyway, wanted to ask , was there a sighting of JA ?

I saw the lovely Lynne and hubby, Keith there which was a nice surprise, especially as she had her legs out for the lads....:-) Lynne is the ardent Addick ( home & away) who was hospitalised after being hit by a coin a few seasons back, in the North Lower.

And of course, it was well worth finding a window in the chaos here to see the scrumptious JJ ! Don't you just love him ? What a great example of our great Club he is !

Back to the boxes ......

JA was definitely there FF in a yellow FADS shirt.
  • Options
    I watched it for the first time on catch-up on sunday. If that show is the much improved version, I'm very, very pleased nor to have seen the "bad" version. It was real amateur hour stuff. I'll just record it to watch our highlights in future, and skip the studio shenanigans.
  • Options

cabbles said:

seth plum said:

cabbles said:

Mugs of coffee.
    No Adverts.

No !!!

When did that happen?
    Most of those 80's bands got back together again.
    TBH i was more Human League but Kajagoogoo was such a great/silly name.

Human League are great.
    Susan Sulley, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm