Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Rotherham | Sat 12 Sept | 3pm KICK-OFF | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2015

20/19 at the bookies..

Ridiculous. When was the last time we saw a 39 goal match. Honestly, so naive.
    I am at the Club for the first Blackheath home game of the season tomorrow, I might see 39 points there.
  • Options
    No Drama win. 3-0
  • Options
    Fingers crossed for that.
  • Options
    And toes
  • Options

And toes

Head, Shoulders, Knees as well.
  • Options
    First game of the season for me. Very excited. Posh seats booked in East Stand. Tartan blanket pressed and thermos flask polished ready for action.

0-0

• Options
    I fully expect us to dispatch Rotherham with ease so in that case we will probably slip up.

2-2 Watt & Bauer
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    We are due a big win - not being disrespectful but maybe this will be the game - ok, maybe I am being disrespectful. I don't want to be as I like Rotherham and hope they stay up. 5-0
  • Options
    Our good start to the season counts for nothing if we fail to win these sort of games.

So I'm going 0-2 to the millers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It seems the international break was significant in the minds of people at Charlton. Katrien Mier has been on a bit of a holiday so I read (presumably just after the window 'slammed shut'), and Guy Luzon has frequently mentioned it as in Henderson or whoever back after the international break.
    So tomorrows game is something of a fresh start, not for us after the reset of deadline day signings or loans coming in, but with further setbacks for possibly Igor, Cebellos and Henderson, a late maybe/maybe not recovery for Simon, but the apparent return of Watt. And we approach what appear to be two more winnable games than usual.
    All the elements are there for us to take our eye off the ball and be complacent, or to return hungry and avaricious for the points. Rotherham have been concluding business too, and getting their players back to full fitness, and have a sharp sense of focus given the start they have had, mitigated by rumours of the manager going to Peterborough.
    To an outsider this must look like a home win, and personally I think we can do it if we want it enough, and are still prepared to bust a gut as in previous more tricky games this season.
    However, if we are in any way relaxed or complacent I think we could get a nasty surprise, and that goes for Tuesday too. it is in some ways easy enough to get up for Derby County away, but tomorrow is as much a test of character as anything, and anything less than 100% all round will simply be not good enough, but if we play to that 100% limit I think we can win.
  • Options

Frustrating afternoon but we get the break thru late on and eventually win 2 - 0.

Bauer and Mak score from set pieces. Rotherham have a player sent off early on which makes for an even more defensive display. Guy and Evans clash on the touch line. Neither can understand what the other is saying anyway.

14,194 attendance. 603 Rotherham

If you've got those attendance numbers right (+/- 20), I'll give a fiver to charity.
  • Options

Frustrating afternoon but we get the break thru late on and eventually win 2 - 0.

Bauer and Mak score from set pieces. Rotherham have a player sent off early on which makes for an even more defensive display. Guy and Evans clash on the touch line. Neither can understand what the other is saying anyway.

If you've got those attendance numbers right (+/- 20), I'll give a fiver to charity.
    Only a fiver?
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Here on the fence I'd say with Makienok feeding Watt for the full ninety, we will be good for a two or three goal run out. If we are sans Maki and Watt fails to be fed by the other supply lines then it's 1-1. Which would be a dire result for this fixture which MUST have been a three-pointer for Luzon et al when the fixtures came out in June.

Ooh, listen to you with your "sans", coming on all continental.
  • Options

Where is the "but piss off economic migrants banner"?

Hopefully, it's hidden behind the "Piss off xenophobes" banner.
  • Options
    The next two games will really pinpoint our start to the season. We need 4/6 points to keep the good feeling going. Feel disappointed we did not get Henry as the pyschological boost would have been great. Instead we continue as before. We should beat Rotherham but we do not do so very often and Lee Camp could player a blinder? 1-0 to the Millers.
  • Options

Only a fiver?
    Times are hard for some of us.
  • Options
    Working so sadly can't go. Hope the boys put in a good performance today. Going to be tough I think, 2-0 I reckon. COYR
  • Options
    Surprised to see Frazier Richardson is still playing
  • Options
    A good chance for the team to demonstrate it has the ruthless streak which it will need if it is to progress. 3-1 COYR