Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Rotherham Match thread 12/9/15

Comments

• Options
    H/T 0-1
  • Options
    Still unable to score in the first half at home in the league
  • Options
    HT stats....addicks first-:
    possession.......68% - 32%
    shots on........... 4 - 2
    shots off........... 2 - 2
    corners............. 1 - 1

GOALS.............. 0 - 1
  • Options
    Out on a pub crawl in Guildford and missing the game. Come on Charlton we can win this. I hope.
  • Options
    Down to 10th
  • Options
    Are we saying - decent enough, had chances, good saves, poor ref, switched off for goal, can still win? or this one had Charlton's missed opportunity written on it right from the start?
  • Options
    Igor sounds as though he has been fairly quiet..bring big mack on
  • Options
    We started off very nicely, they stood off and we have feck all upfront to punish them for standing off.

Vetokele is nobody. Shameful first half from him, no effort.

Games like this you need your full backs to bomb on and create overloads.

Will not score in a month of Sundays playing this way. Watt and Vetokele is never a partnership upfront.

Bring on KAG, need someone running in behind.
  • Options
    Completely ran out of ideas after 20 m then left one of theirs unmarked 5 yards out. Most of them off the pace but Igor and Ba need to come off now.Only Diarra making a good impression.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    The ref has had a mare but both his linesmen seem to be asleep as well. They're only one nil up purely thanks to the ref, though unforgiveable for Pope to have a paddy and not even bother to defend the corner that wasn't a corner. Guy needs to light a fire under our 11 because apart from a handful they're not pulling their weight in a game we ought to be winning 3-nil by now if not for wilful complacency.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Never mind a couple of poor decisions from the ref, you can't defend a corner like that. I'm a big fan of Nick Pope but he could have just stood still in the centre of his 6 yard box and caught it comfortably - what was he doing? Defies belief.
  • Options
    I think our players have been hypnotised by the Stevie Evans Red Army chant
  • Options
    Anyone who thinks we don't need a winger in on loan needs to watch a replay of that half
  • Options
    People from where we were sat were saying that the flick on from a corner to set up the goal was a handball. Did anyone else see it?
  • Options
    Tippy Tappy nonsense from the back through midfield and no hold up play from Vetokele. By the time we get into the last third Rotherham have ten men behind the ball. When we are more direct, the ball is coming straight back again. Need to liven up with our passing. Ba & Kashi are going sideways and backwards.

The decision on the corner was scandalous. the ball clearly hit the Rotherham player on the head and flew over the bar. If the referee can't see that, he shouldn't be anywhere near a football pitch.
  • Options
    AshBurton said:

Never mind a couple of poor decisions from the ref, you can't defend a corner like that. I'm a big fan of Nick Pope but he could have just stood still in the centre of his 6 yard box and caught it comfortably - what was he doing? Defies belief.

Their player at the front post tried to punch it in, this may have put him off.
  • Options

AshBurton said:

Their player at the front post tried to punch it in, this may have put him off.
    That's what my son said too - thought he was winding me up!
  • Options
    Looked like a blatant handball from their near post guy before their goal.
  • Options

Anyone who thinks we don't need a winger in on loan needs to watch a replay of that half

Saying the same thing, Cousins roams inside and fox has no real outlet.
  • Options
    We've played some lovely passing football but haven't threatened enough since Watt took a knock on the ankle. Millers have defended well but offered nothing in midfield or in attack. Ref is an absolute joke. I think we need Big Mak up front to ruffle a few feathers. I haven't seen anything to suggest we can't win this. I haven't seen anything from the officials to suggest that we won't get a load more
    strange decisions on the second half.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We started brightly but the performance overall has been pretty poor. The poor decision leading to Rotherham's goal felt like more of a cherry on top, rather than a terrible injustice.

Don't think we can play that badly again. I hope so at least.
  • Options
    Igor done FA, Diarra best player so far and the ref is a cock
  • Options
    Possibly the worst live referee's decision I have seen in 37 years of attending games. I want to see a replay because I am utterly convinced the ref asked Frecklington if it was a corner before he gave it.
  • Options
    Thank you to all those at the game, with their comments
  • Options
    Teams back out
  • Options
    Assume no subs
  • Options
    off we go.....addicks attacking the Covered end.....
  • Options
    46' HANDBALL! Shout straight away. Vetokele's effort strikes Rawson, but Keith Stroud waves play on. #cafc #CAFCLive
  • Options
    ba to solly.....to watt..igor shoots...hits a hand....nothing given....it was ball to hand
  • Options
    pope has the ball...diarra to fox..baur.....fox..kashi.....diarra.....ba.....solly now...jbg......fox attacks....crosses...camp takes it
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!