Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Huddersfield

Well Folks, you couldn't get an easier game than us at the moment. We are absolutely shite.

To be fair to Powell, we have sold some talented Players. Although having said that, we weren't much better when they were here so we can't blame that one and we have enough quality on our books not to be where we are.

Expect a defensive approach that involves playing a 4 foot tall Striker up front on his own (Wells, poor Lad hasn't got a hope in hell the amount of chances he doesn't get).

Oh and our defensive approach has one slight flaw, we can't defend.

Insult added to injury being that our strengths Players wise are attacking minded Players who don't get a look in.

We are an absolute shambles with 3 wins out of 24 matches under Powell.

Happy days!.

Comments

• Options
    Good we badly need points after our poor show Saturday 21 shots and 1 goal and we bound to let one in
    So 1-1 I think
  • Options
    Please not another Powell love in...................
  • Options
    If you get Keith Stroud as the referee on Tuesday you will have every chance. But I doubt if he will officiate two successive games at The Valley. I'll be bloody annoyed if I ever see him again.
  • Options
    Peter_G said:

If you get Keith Stroud as the referee on Tuesday you will have every chance. But I doubt if he will officiate two successive games at The Valley. I'll be bloody annoyed if I ever see him again.

I think it's Charles someone. Not the Price of Wales.
  • Options

Peter_G said:

I think it's Charles someone. Not the Price of Wales.
    As long as the Price is Right?
  • Options
    Out of interest, wasn't Rotherham the first game this season we were actually favourites for?
  • Options

Well Folks, you couldn't get an easier game than us at the moment. We are absolutely shite.

To be fair to Powell, we have sold some talented Players. Although having said that, we weren't much better when they were here so we can't blame that one and we have enough quality on our books not to be where we are.

Expect a defensive approach that involves playing a 4 foot tall Striker up front on his own (Wells, poor Lad hasn't got a hope in hell the amount of chances he doesn't get).

Insult added to injury being that our strengths Players wise are attacking minded Players who don't get a look in.

Happy days!.

Ouch, 3 wins from 24 games. Didn't realise it was that bad.
  • Options

Happy days!.

Ouch, 3 wins from 24 games. Didn't realise it was that bad.
    If I had the time to look at his overall record, it paints a worse picture than this. I read somewhere that it's 8 wins in 42 matches.

What sort of form got him the bullet from you Guys?. I bet it isn't as bad as his form with us. Mind you, if you set up to draw a game at best, no surprises when you draw or lose.

Rumour is he has two games, Charlton Away and Bolton at home this week.

Do please remember fine Addicks fans, when no doubt we get lambasted in the press for sacking the lovely bloke that is Chris Powell.

3 wins in 24 matches would see most Managers lose their job at any level.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

The point was Yorkshire lad, that you slagged him off after 2 or 3 matches.
    Doing it now is fair enough if the record is 3 wins in 24.
    CAFC fans would never slag off a new manager/head coach so soon :blush:

It's a fair call on your part.

I just had a gut feeling from early doors based on how he set teams up and his pre and post match comments.

Nothing would have pleased me more than to have been so, so wrong.

I am not though and if anything, the reality has been and is much, much worse.

Sure he will get a great reception on Tuesday in what is looking likely to be his penultimate match here.
  • Options
    He was slagging Powell off after his first game. It'll be Leeds' wish come true if or when Huddersfield sack him.
  • Options
    Peter_G said:

He was slagging Powell off after his first game. It'll be Leeds' wish come true if or when Huddersfield sack him.

Yes I am loving watching the shite we have had to endure for so long. Would hate to see us play good football and win matches.

You saw how bad we were when we had a heavy defeat at your place last season. One of many days out that cost me a significant amount of money for no return in any shape or form.

I would love to be on here saying how pleased I am with how we are playing.

Your post my friend is quite simply not true.
  • Options
    Well, I think I'm right about the one game bit.

In fairness though, I doubt if CP's record with us was anywhere near as bad as what you are enduring right now; we were having a bad run at that time, but the real reason for him being sacked was his refusal to pick players that had been imposed on him by the owners. Many (not all) of us on here felt he had enough about him to get us up the table when he was sacked.

Maybe he isn't as good a coach as we were hoping he would be. I can't really wish him all the best for Tuesday, but I do hope things work out for him whether it is with Huddersfield or not.
  • Options
    Peter_G said:

Well, I think I'm right about the one game bit.

In fairness though, I doubt if CP's record with us was anywhere near as bad as what you are enduring right now; we were having a bad run at that time, but the real reason for him being sacked was his refusal to pick players that had been imposed on him by the owners. Many (not all) of us on here felt he had enough about him to get us up the table when he was sacked.

Maybe he isn't as good a coach as we were hoping he would be. I can't really wish him all the best for Tuesday, but I do hope things work out for him whether it is with Huddersfield or not.

Peter, yes you are right re the one game bit, not my finest moment.

His inability to pick attacking minded Players and use of substitutes (or lack of) is as bad as any I have ever seen. Seriously.

We set up with 7 defensive minded Players and have exciting talent sat on the bench (at best) that can win us matches.

His family are also still down South thus all round it was just the wrong appointment for all parties.

We act now and we may have a chance of avoiding the drop.

Trouble is we don't have this season shite like Millwall, Blackpool and Wigan as they were last season to save us.

The longer he stays then we are doomed.

Oh and our worst start to a season for 18 years. The hits just keep rolling..........

• Options
    Im afraid you maybe correct Leedsbasedtownfan in your statement saying Powell may take you down if he stays as i believe thats where he was taking us until sacked and replaced by Riga
  • Options

Im afraid you maybe correct Leedsbasedtownfan in your statement saying Powell may take you down if he stays as i believe thats where he was taking us until sacked and replaced by Riga

Well my opinion is insignificant here.

The stats speak for themselves.

Our recent football league form I think can only be topped by the basket case that is Blackpool FC. Say no more.
  • Options

By the way, can to tell me please what your run / sequence of results was that led to him getting the bullet?.

• Options
    Don't know exact figures to be honest but think we won about 3 in 20 games but there were so many rumours going on that it wasn't his performance as a manager or results that got him the sack?! The thing that sticks in my head at the time was that we seemed to play for 0-0 draws and never looked like winning games plus the complete inept and no effort performance in the FA Cup Quarter Final match at Sheff Utd at made me believe he was only taking us back to League One
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

By the way, can to tell me please what your run / sequence of results was that led to him getting the bullet?.

All you need to know from his protagonists and critics here http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/61718/chris-powell-a-bit-of-perspective
  • Options
    At the beginning of March 2014, immediately before CP got the Spanish Archer from CAFC, they had played 30, won 6, drawn 9 and lost 15. 22nd in the table, however we had lost 5 of the previous 6 league games. Actually not as bad as your current run LBTF, but pretty poor.
  • Options
    Peter_G said:

At the beginning of March 2014, immediately before CP got the Spanish Archer from CAFC, they had played 30, won 6, drawn 9 and lost 15. 22nd in the table, however we had lost 5 of the previous 6 league games. Actually not as bad as your current run LBTF, but pretty poor.

Don't forget all the games in hand Peter because of the crap pitch.
  • Options
    Yes, we were 3 games in hand on all the teams above us at that point. We went on to win 7 more under Riga, and Doncaster only won 4 more which saw them replace us in the final drop zone.
  • Options
    Powell isn't a very good manager at this level in my opinion.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Powell isn't a very good manager at this level in my opinion.

Being a sparks? GJ you will know better than most that you can only work with the tools you are given or can afford to buy :wink:
  • Options
    But what does it mean when others to a better job with the same tools then?
  • Options
    Touch paper lit - here we go!

PS I agree with KK's point

(runs away from thread)
  • Options
    edited September 2015

But what does it mean when others to a better job with the same tools then?

What others, oh you mean Riga (singular) I am sure we shall all be indebted to him forever and a day but we will never know if CP would have achieved the same end result will we?
  • Options

Touch paper lit - here we go!

PS I agree with KK's point

(runs away from thread)

Coward stay and debate, on second thoughts forget it, it's been done to death.