Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Huddersfield

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2015
    @LeedsbasedTownfan

Assuming you have your own forum then get a banner up saying 100% Support. That'll get rid of him sooner or later.

Has he been knighted up there yet ?

How does he get on with his boss ?
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Great guy

Naff manager

1-1 bore draw
  • Options

Well Folks, you couldn't get an easier game than us at the moment. We are absolutely shite.

To be fair to Powell, we have sold some talented Players. Although having said that, we weren't much better when they were here so we can't blame that one and we have enough quality on our books not to be where we are.

Expect a defensive approach that involves playing a 4 foot tall Striker up front on his own (Wells, poor Lad hasn't got a hope in hell the amount of chances he doesn't get).

Oh and our defensive approach has one slight flaw, we can't defend.

Insult added to injury being that our strengths Players wise are attacking minded Players who don't get a look in.

We are an absolute shambles with 3 wins out of 24 matches under Powell.

Happy days!.

Ouch, 3 wins from 24 games. Didn't realise it was that bad.
    If I had the time to look at his overall record, it paints a worse picture than this. I read somewhere that it's 8 wins in 42 matches.

What sort of form got him the bullet from you Guys?. I bet it isn't as bad as his form with us. Mind you, if you set up to draw a game at best, no surprises when you draw or lose.

Rumour is he has two games, Charlton Away and Bolton at home this week.

Do please remember fine Addicks fans, when no doubt we get lambasted in the press for sacking the lovely bloke that is Chris Powell.

3 wins in 24 matches would see most Managers lose their job at any level.

Some still ebelieve if our owner didnt take an avid interest in team affairs Chrissy Powell would still have got us to a cup final, avoided relegation, and got us promoted the next season.

Defensive playing not to lose sounds familiar
  • Options

9th

'nuff said

One good season in the championship out of 4 (?) :)
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Powell isn't a very good manager at this level in my opinion.

Being a sparks? GJ you will know better than most that you can only work with the tools you are given or can afford to buy :wink:
    Not true. You're only as good as your last job.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

RedChaser said:

Powell isn't a very good manager at this level in my opinion.

Being a sparks? GJ you will know better than most that you can only work with the tools you are given or can afford to buy :wink:
    Not true. You're only as good as your last job.
    Eh, how do you work that one out? What about Pardew who after failing with us, got a gig at Division One Southampton and won the Football League Trophy before being dismissed and pitching up at Newcastle where he kept them in the Prem for 4 years and although it pains me to say it is now working miracles at Palarse.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just checking in to see if the usual Powell slaggers have posted. Check.

This has been done to death now anyway. Leedsbased I suppose we won't hear from you again for a while if he turns it around?

Was it the managers choice to sell your main man on transfer deadline day?
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Was speaking to a Huddersfield fan today. He said pretty much the same thing. History has repeated itself, his budget has been cut and he has repeated some of the same mistakes as at Charlton. Sets up too defensively, tactically naive at times and reluctant to change it up if it is not working.

A real shame, I always thought he had real potential as a manager. But he always seems to be fighting a rear guard action. Would love to see what he could do with a decent budget in the championship.
  • Options
    Friend spoke to a Hudders player who enjoyed working with SCP but said that their squad is a bit thin and weak and they'd do well to stay up this year
  • Options

Just checking in to see if the usual Powell slaggers have posted. Check.

This has been done to death now anyway. Leedsbased I suppose we won't hear from you again for a while if he turns it around?

Was it the managers choice to sell your main man on transfer deadline day?

Turn it round?, we need to win our next 10 games on the spin to make his form look acceptable. That would mean we had won 13 out of 34. I suspect that may not happen.

Re our 'main Man' being sold. Butterfield is an absolute top notch Player an no, it was not Powell's 'fault' that we sold him.

Our record with him in the side was so much better under Powell.

We won 3 games out of 23.
  • Options
    Thank God we only have to endure a couple of days of this reheated crap.
  • Options

9th

'nuff said

One good season in the championship out of 4 (?) :)
    One full season in Championship so 1 out of 1.
  • Options
    I do wonder what Powell would be like with a decent budget. When he had all the money he needed in L1 he bought very astutely. He assembled a team that got the most points ever for the league and it didn't cost the world. I wonder how he'd do at, say QPR or Fulham. Would he set up less defensively if he could bring in exactly the players he wanted? We certainly weren't defensive in that L1 season
  • Options
    He built a championship team in league one with very little money and deserves loads of credit for it!
  • Options
    The general consensus up here is Powell is a decent guy, had them playing decent stuff at times last season, but has been far too negative and doesnt look like turning it round. Town have a ridiculous stat of 10 shots on target all season. Without doubt hes been let down by the board with players sold from under him and replaced by inferior loanees. I really hope he sorts it but it doesnt look good. I dont get the impression he is happy in the north either.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Whether CP stays or goes no longer matters; just the 3 points. Sentiment doesn't win games.
  • Options
    CP is a top coach and man manager, his tactics and game management let him down.

Finding it extremely difficult with a injury prone wafer thin squad, lost his key players and no youth are pushing though.

I feel for him although he sets up too defensive I see so many individual errors which players have to take responsibility for.

It's a shame as we saw what he can do with decent investment in League One, he has had next to nothing in the Championship with both us and Hudds.
  • Options
    We are enjoying officially our worst start to a season for 18 years. Way to go Chris.

Perhaps that can change tonight though?.
  • Options
    LBTF, chill out dude. We are the football club that is always giving... you WILL win tonight!
  • Options

LBTF, chill out dude. We are the football club that is always giving... you WILL win tonight!

Soapy, you are right, I need to chill out.

All I will say though is if Luzon had won you 3 out of 24 matches or 8 out of 42. I think you too may need reminding to chill out too! : ).

Anyway, even with his horrendous record, queue our `trigger happy` Chairman (even though no Team in the football league would stand for this record) being worse than satan on talksport, general media etc. All of them conveniently ignoring the stats.

Missed this away game for the first time in many, many years we have played each other. Always one of my favourites and no excuses why not, I could have gone tonight. Just didnt want to. Radio on and beer about to be poured. Will switch-off at 2 down.

• Options

Soapy, you are right, I need to chill out.

All I will say though is if Luzon had won you 3 out of 24 matches or 8 out of 42. I think you too may need reminding to chill out too! : ).

Anyway, even with his horrendous record, queue our `trigger happy` Chairman (even though no Team in the football league would stand for this record) being worse than satan on talksport, general media etc. All of them conveniently ignoring the stats.

Missed this away game for the first time in many, many years we have played each other. Always one of my favourites and no excuses why not, I could have gone tonight. Just didnt want to. Radio on and beer about to be poured. Will switch-off at 2 down.

Long wait then LBTF..guess your going to be hanging around for some time yet?
  • Options
    Haha just been grumbling about the result and then I remembered how upset @LeedsbasedTownfan must be feeling that Powell recorded a good away win. I've cheered up already.
  • Options
    That' what I love about LBTF. If we do lose to Hudds we can remember him having some kind of emtional breakdown before the match even started. If we win we can enjoy his emotional breakdown afterwards. Never change LBTF
  • Options

Haha just been grumbling about the result and then I remembered how upset @LeedsbasedTownfan must be feeling that Powell recorded a good away win. I've cheered up already.

I dont fecking care about Powell or any other teams fans. We lost and I will be getting home at 2am cos the fecking trains are late. So Powell winning hasnt cheered me up one bit. As you can guess ;)
  • Options
    Won't be hearing from him for a while