Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fred Lucas RIP

2»

Comments

• Options
    From The Valiant 500.
  • Options
    Watched him in first game I ever saw, RIP.
  • Options
    I know Fred lived in Slade Green for many years, where I grew up. He was a contemporary of my dad and used to pass the time of day with him in an era when professional footballers could be just the bloke who lived down the road. Nice man.
    My sympathies to his family. RIP
  • Options
    Remember seeing him playing in the 60's, good reliable player.
    Think he also may have played occasionally for Kent in the cricket season?
    That 60's team, Willie Duff, John Hewie, Sammy Lawrie always played
    entertaining football!
  • Options
    Before my time, but always sad when a former player passes. R.I.P. Fred.
  • Options
    RIP Fred
  • Options
    Remember him well, 1961/62 my first season, balding half back come inside forward - hard working. RIP Fred Lucas.
  • Options

RIP Fred
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Hi everyone, it's been a while.

Firstly, we just wanted to say on behalf of our family that we have been so appreciative of the support shown by both the club the fans after my grandfather's passing. The support has made us truly proud to be Addicks. He enjoyed literally every second of being both a player and a fan. It's been a surreal month, adjusting to his passing, but he at least is at peace now.

Secondly, we wanted to extend from my family an invitation to the funeral service on the 12th of October at 12 noon, St. John the evangelist church, Park Hill Road, Bexley, before moving to Eltham crematorium at 1pm. Everyone is more than welcome to attend. Furthermore, there will be a reception at the Valley after the service has concluded. Again, we extend this to anyone who wishes to pay their respects.

It has meant the world to us to hear of the stories many of you can recall of our grandfather, many of which we have heard from him first hand such as the infamous collar bone incident. He always spoke lucidly and fondly of the Huddersfield game, the details were still fresh in his mind.

He was as critical of the club as many of you were at times, because he understood what the club stands for.

Again, we reiterate our thanks for the messages in this surreal time and hope that we see some of you at the service and reception.

Many thanks,

James and Alexander Whitehead (his grandsons)