Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CP tonight?

2»

Comments

• Options

I'm singing "you don't know what you're doing " and "you're getting sacked in the morning "

I know it's beyond weird but I'm trying to wangle my way out of some school parents evening thingy to go to tonight's game and one of the main reasons is because of SCP if we were playing Rotherham I doubt I'd be going

SCP is my favourite ever Addick sorry Curbs

What about Lennie?
  • Options
    edited September 2015

I'm singing "you don't know what you're doing " and "you're getting sacked in the morning "

I know it's beyond weird but I'm trying to wangle my way out of some school parents evening thingy to go to tonight's game and one of the main reasons is because of SCP if we were playing Rotherham I doubt I'd be going

What about Lennie?
    Like him a lot , he's the man who performed miracles beyond miracles
    But his departure didn't sit too pretty with me and the subsequent insult of a bid he put in for Robert Lee as Boro manager knowing our financial position and desperate requirements to get back to The Valley leave a bit of a sour taste in my mouth

Still a complete Legend but the low ball bid was not on IMO
    Did us a favour with Walshie though who he sent on loan to Boro after a fall out, next thing Lennie turns up there, Walshie returns home and in due course scored THAT goal.............the rest is history :smiley:
  • Options

What about Lennie?
    Like him a lot , he's the man who performed miracles beyond miracles
    But his departure didn't sit too pretty with me and the subsequent insult of a bid he put in for Robert Lee as Boro manager knowing our financial position and desperate requirements to get back to The Valley leave a bit of a sour taste in my mouth

Still a complete Legend but the low ball bid was not on IMO
    And he went palace
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Of course, because clapping a former manager is, so, much more important than your child's education.
    here from the argument alert thread. I presume this is the comment
    Same here, bit lame and oohaah hasn't bit
  • Options
    When Lennie first game back (with Luton, late 90s) he was presented with a silver plate on the pitch before the game.
  • Options
    ads said:

cabbles said:

Of course, because clapping a former manager is, so, much more important than your child's education.
    I'll have no one jabbing at ooh aah, the percentages are too important.

I think tonight for Powell could be a really horrible experience if we win. If they win he'll be cock a hoop because he's under a bit of pressure I would imagine. Not because we're the opposition, I don't think he'll care about that.

But if we win, there are still a great number of us (me included), that have massive respect for him. I could see, if we are winning by 2 or more goals toward the end of the game, some of the crowd potentially chanting his name etc, happy with the score.

This is where I believe it could be awkward for him, given that all he'll want is 3 pts, not wanting to draw attention to his time here, particularly in front of their fans, what would be another defeat and a winless start to their season continuing.

So in closing, he'll get a polite round of applause from me when he comes out the tunnel, I want us to win 3/4-0. If we are comfortable, I'll be intrigued to see if he gets any recognition. I'm not saying this would happen, it will be much more likely we'll be singing Guy Luzon's red & white army etc.

I'm just playing out potential scenarios
  • Options
    Clap him on, win the game, clap him off along with our team and manager.

Sorted.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As long as the overwhelming emphasis is on cheering our current manager and team onto the pitch, then I don't mind either way.

Clap when he comes on - then beat his current team is my only concern.
  • Options
    ads said:

cabbles said:

Annoying that. I'm going to have to actually do some work now
  • Options

When Lennie first game back (with Luton, late 90s) he was presented with a silver plate on the pitch before the game.

You get one of them for playing 200 games these days...
  • Options
    Polite applause at the end, it's footall for chrissakes people.
  • Options
    2. He is just another opposition manger, but one with a CAFC connection so will get a gentle round of applause. He has nothing to do with CAFC anymore...move on.
  • Options
    Never understand why we have these threads - its as if people are trying to organize what we should do in terms of levels of clapping. People will do whatever they want to do on the night.

I'll give him a huge clap, might even sing his name - don't really care what anyone thinks of it.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Never understand why we have these threads - its as if people are trying to organize what we should do in terms of levels of clapping. People will do whatever they want to do on the night.

I'll give him a huge clap, might even sing his name - don't really care what anyone thinks of it.

But such a thread almost, I say almost gave us a new argument Tom. That's the upside. That's the beauty of SCP, very emotive topic
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Will you sing Luzon's name?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Basically every minute with a 3 in it.

3rd, 13th, 23rd, 30th, 31st, 32nd, 33rd TWICE AS LOUD, 34th, 35th, 36th, 37th, 38th, 39th, 43rd, 53rd, 63rd, 73rd, 83rd and 93rd

You forgot the third minute of half time
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    The purpose of the thread was not to "organise" anything. I was simply musing on what sort of reception Cp would get. As it happens, it was warm and understated. For those few left at the end he did a sort of tunnel jump/wave think on demand which was kinda nice. Decent bloke. Fair play to him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

cafctom said:

Will you sing Luzon's name?
    Yes, why wouldn't I?
  • Options

The purpose of the thread was not to "organise" anything. I was simply musing on what sort of reception Cp would get. As it happens, it was warm and understated. For those few left at the end he did a sort of tunnel jump/wave think on demand which was kinda nice. Decent bloke. Fair play to him.

Why not, after all he did win didn't he?

I do wonder, if he ended up managing a London side, if some of our fans would go and support them instead!
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Im going to tap dance....I do hope he notices.

I got a text from CP he saw me and remarked that I reminded him of the late Roy Castle. What a true gent CP is.