Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Let's just take a minute to calm down.

Yes I was there tonight.
Yes I was disapointed.

But come on let's calm down shall we? Our first poor performance off the season and we was punished by a typical Chris Powell away team performance which worked time and time again for us when he was in charge.

Slating our players outright doesn't help.The doom and gloom squad already out I can see... I can only see more coming out over the next 24 hours.

But seriously, this will happen it's football.Tonight was a bad performance but again it happens and I'm sure it will happen again this season but christ some people need to pull themselves together ffs.

So how about instead of looking for the next scapegoat, or playing the blame game just try to accept these kind off things happen in football.. That's why we love it.

COYR

Comments

• Options
    We was shit against Rotherham too. And not too good against a shit Wolves team.

Cousins on the left will make things better though.
  • Options
    I agree about Cousins being on the left and ba in central midfield makes 0 sense
  • Options
    Need a left midfielder, I appreciate ba, kashi and cousins are all quality and Luzon wants to play all three but cousins isn't a left winger
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I was hoping that tonight was going to be much better than Saturday, I really hoped having driven back from Birningham today, that all the players would be spurred on and put in a shift, for whatever reason it wasn't happening, and feels like we're going backwards at the moment, all the 'early season promise ' against the big boys seems to have evaporated, rather than built on.

I know CP would have got his guys up for this one, and Im Sure he'd have learnt from last seasons drubbing at the valley.

It was a very flat and uninspiring performance all over the pitch, I hope there's not something seriously wrong at the club, and I'm probably overacting, but if we play like that at Selhurst we'll get a serious drubbing , which could destroy us.

So, the question is, do you put tonight down as a one off?
    How do we improve for Saturday? And how the heck do we improve our woeful powderpuff finishing in front of goal?
  • Options
    The frustrating thing is before both games the majority of us would have looked at the team sheet and think 'strong side'.

Perhaps we should not over analyse and just accept that these things happen, and that football is all about ups and downs?

The ironic thing is we are probably above where many of us thought we would be at this stage before the start. We've just done it in reverse
  • Options

Beaten at home twice in 4 days by bottom clubs.
    Yeah OK - nothing to worry about.

I know it felt like a defeat on Saturday, but I think we drew?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very true AFKA. The concern is, we seem to get into these long slumps in form so we need to get back on track before another one sets in.
  • Options

Beaten at home twice in 4 days by bottom clubs.
    Yeah OK - nothing to worry about.

I'll gladly accept a point everytime we 'lose'.
  • Options
    I'm feeling particularly smug as I've just given level-headed player marks ;)
  • Options
    Leuth said:

I'm feeling particularly smug as I've just given level-headed player marks ;)

Unbelievable restraint, it's best to post the day after if you're angry after a defeat / bad performance, well it is for me as I'm too reactionary.
  • Options
    Have a feeling we will beat many of the better sides at home this season and Drop points to shite like Huddersfield and Rotherham.
    Lets be honest for large parts of the game both sat 10 men behind the ball and we really didnt have the quality to break it down.
    We look a much better side on the counter attack.
  • Options
    i've got the Fresh Prince of Bel Air theme tune in my head now.

thanks.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Have a feeling we will beat many of the better sides at home this season and Drop points to shite like Huddersfield and Rotherham.
    Lets be honest for large parts of the game both sat 10 men behind the ball and we really didnt have the quality to break it down.
    We look a much better side on the counter attack.

I think your probably right, I just wondered if the players thought what the fans thought, that we'd done the hard work in the first month , and the so called lesser sides would roll over and have their tummy tickled.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    The trouble is after a couple of games we thought we had a half decent side and might actually challenge for a play off spot. These last 2 games highlight we have heavy reliance on 4 or 5 decent players and managers tactics are sometimes good and sometimes abysmal. Hopefully this will mean mid table and not a relegation struggle - I'm not sure if we have the players for that
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    redman said:

The trouble is after a couple of games we thought we had a half decent side and might actually challenge for a play off spot. These last 2 games highlight we have heavy reliance on 4 or 5 decent players and managers tactics are sometimes good and sometimes abysmal. Hopefully this will mean mid table and not a relegation struggle - I'm not sure if we have the players for that

Much like last season.
  • Options
    Blame me for you two minor slumps. You were in my accumulators for both Saturday and last night. On both occasions yours were the only results that let me down.

Small price to pay, I think you'd agree ;o)

Apologies for not being around to soak up the 'bants' with regards to our abysmal start. I've been in and out of the country over the past few months on humanitarian missions and general work jargon.

I trust all is well in Valleyland.
  • Options
    ..nice to see you pop in after 2 decent away wins ;)
  • Options

..nice to see you pop in after 2 decent away wins ;)

I did think that before posting. I got back in the country on Friday and consciously stayed away after Saturday as I thought it'd look a bit muggy :smile:

After last nights showing I decided that it would look even worse the longer I left it, especially if we now string a few wins together.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Well said .... We are about where 99% of fans expected us to be at this point if you swap the QPR and Hull results with Rotherham and Huddresfield ...

I take it as a compliment that teams come and play like that at the valley it says we are moving the right way with the style of football

Thanks, Colin.
  • Options

It's like deja vu. I really hope there's nothing bad happening in the dressing room. It'd be the biggest thing that I'd be concerned about. We can't afford the saga of last season to happen all over again within just a year...

It's odd isn't it. We were fine before the international break, and have been hopeless since. It's not just individual bad performances but as a team the best we've seen has been pretty 'meh' since the break. I'd have hoped that we'd have improved as we seemed to be struggling with injuries, but we've come back far worse.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Well said .... We are about where 99% of fans expected us to be at this point if you swap the QPR and Hull results with Rotherham and Huddresfield ...

I take it as a compliment that teams come and play like that at the valley it says we are moving the right way with the style of football

We will finish mid table.