Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Let's just take a minute to calm down.

2»

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Stig said:

It's like deja vu. I really hope there's nothing bad happening in the dressing room. It'd be the biggest thing that I'd be concerned about. We can't afford the saga of last season to happen all over again within just a year...

It's odd isn't it. We were fine before the international break, and have been hopeless since. It's not just individual bad performances but as a team the best we've seen has been pretty 'meh' since the break. I'd have hoped that we'd have improved as we seemed to be struggling with injuries, but we've come back far worse.
    Yeh but GL is our Messiah, the best thing since sliced bread and you have to chant his name to show your appreciation of him gracing us with his presence.

He has a thin squad with insufficient depth of experience. You can only work with the tools you are given as I said elsewhere the other day and only now we will see what he is truly made of. I wasn't overly impressed with his one liner to the effect 'we need to do better in the next game' after match comments either..........no sh*t Sherlock we can't do much worse. The balance of the team was wrong from the off for the second time in 3 days ffs surely you can see that !
  • Options
    I think 53 points will keep us up.

Along the way we'll win some that we are expected to lose and lose some we expect to win, but we'll get there and we'll finish mid-table.

No need to panic, just got to roll with it.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

I think 53 points will keep us up.

Along the way we'll win some that we are expected to lose and lose some we expect to win, but we'll get there and we'll finish mid-table.

No need to panic, just got to roll with it.

You're probably right Brendan, I need to calm down but am still seething over last night's inept performance and the manager and his staff need to put their hands up as well.
  • Options
    It still astounds me that some fans expect every player to turn in a good performance for 46 games of the year.

Consistency is why many of these players are still, and will always, play at this level.
  • Options
    Stig said:

It still astounds me that some fans expect every player to turn in a good performance for 46 games of the year.

Consistency is why many of these players are still, and will always, play at this level.

I don't expect every player to have a good game every time, but do I expect the majority of our players to have a good performance every time. It is what they train all week to do.
    But outside of probably the major clubs across Europe, all teams will have a handful of games where 6/7/8 players will have an off day.
  • Options
    1 point from 9 is relegation form....
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I was very vocal in the first half , i tried to be encouraging and supportive at half time , rather than getting on the players backs, 2nd half i was pretty quiet , i thought all i'll do is make myself really angry and wound up so i just stayed quiet, and waited to see what the manager / players would do, it all seems to have gone a bit wonky, and needs to get back on track, rather than carrying on in a slump, i don't want knee jerk reactions , just effort and ability to be displayed, and also to show a bit of nous, and some good decision making that makes sense.
  • Options
    "Don't get to high when we win" ? we beat QPR and Hull with their multi million pound players and we are the Dogs swingers ?

"Don't get too low when we lose" we lose and we are the Dogs Poo ?

We lost at Wolves because we gave Le fondre who came off the bench, two chances in our box, a man who had scored 160 goals in the box !

We lost last night because after starting on the front foot for 15 minutes or so we got bullied at the back, lost the midfield battle, and didn't take our chances in the box when they came. Also last night the oldest player in the starting line up was Khashi at 26. the average age was 22 and boy did it show. We really missed Diarra's experience last night after his MOM against Rotherham. I guess he had a slight niggle, (was on the bench)

A roller coaster ride has nothing on being an Addict.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Are you talking about Chelsea ?
  • Options

And worryingly the next two league games are away.
  • Options
    Last 2 games have been crap. Key now is how Luzon reacts to this - with tweaks to selection and tactics. This seems like a mini slump for HIM to get us out of.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    A true leader on the pitch was what we needed last night.....someone like Johnnie Jackson springs to mind to bring the collective effort together.

Why was Diarra dropped for Sarr? He too offers that leadership and experienced head
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Good balanced inquest on a very poor night at the Valley Cabbles.
    You are a younger and saner version of me (many more games like last night and you won't be)
    Glad to hear you say that Tony Watt acknowledged his bad performance on social media.
    I put £50 on CAFC to finish in the top 12 this season at 3/1, before the QPR match i just missed the 7/2 that was on offer. My master plan was to put another £50 on if we lost a couple of games (like now) if i could get better odds than 3/1.
    My son told me the best he's seen now is 2/1 with Skybet.

I felt that we could finish 8th if Cousins could get in double figures and
    Igor could find his Mojo ?(plus Tony and Johann at their best) no sign of either of the first 2 happening thou Jordan did have 3 good chances against the millers despite being too far on the left.

If a week is a long time in politics, it's a lifetime in football after the last two home games.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Great summary Cabbles.

The lack of crosses - particularly in the first half really frustrated me. Out of two balls in the box in the first half we scored from one.

Given our midfield only seem to pass it sideways - how they expect to score if they're are not putting it in the box is beyond me.
  • Options

Blame me for you two minor slumps. You were in my accumulators for both Saturday and last night. On both occasions yours were the only results that let me down.

Small price to pay, I think you'd agree ;o)

Apologies for not being around to soak up the 'bants' with regards to our abysmal start. I've been in and out of the country over the past few months on humanitarian missions and general work jargon.

I trust all is well in Valleyland.

When a Millwall fan tells you they haven't been around for awhile and that they have been 'in and out,' I never think 'in and out of the country.' Welcome back BBW.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Beaten at home twice in 4 days by bottom clubs.
    Yeah OK - nothing to worry about.

Charlton in 1-1 defeat shocker!
    Going to get really pissed off if we keep losing 1-1.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addicted said:

Last 2 games have been crap. Key now is how Luzon reacts to this - with tweaks to selection and tactics. This seems like a mini slump for HIM to get us out of.

Think the key is how Duchatelet reacts to what is being said to him by Katrien.With Blackburn,and Cardiff coming up
    things could become alittle worse.Just to add Palace into the mix the next few weeks could well boil over.