Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Win a box of pies

By sitting next to the person on the microphone at half time last night

What's that all about?

Comments

• It's been done at every home game so far. Different winners from each stands so far. You could say right place right time maybe?
  • Tony Watt and Igor Vetekele are both previous winners of the box of pies...

I think Andy Jones probably won them many many times in the past
  • I haven't missed a match yet nor left my seat at halftime and last night was the first time I'd witnessed this farago. If Hollands want to give away a box of pies, that's fine but last night's episode was indeed humiliating.
  • Who the hell wants to be carrying a box of pies home with them from a football match? The whole event was throughly humiliating for all involved.

I could eat a pie. Or several...
  • I haven't missed a match yet nor left my seat at halftime and last night was the first time I'd witnessed this farago. If Hollands want to give away a box of pies, that's fine but last night's episode was indeed humiliating.

I've don't a lot more humiliating things than wave around on a big screen for a free pie...
  • Who gives a shit? If they can't think of anything better at half time do nothing
  • American bollocks the lot of it.
  • Sponsored links:

• American bollocks the lot of it.

I'm sure they said steak & kidney.
    I believe they call them mountain oysters.

I wonder what Portsmouth fans think of this? i'd be pretty annoyed if one of our players was giving away pies to an ex.
  • edited September 2015
    They should get a load of kids to play a mini football match at half time. The upbeats would be entertaining. That's always worked well at other football grounds.

Or why not put a member of the crowd against a youth goalie. Not this bullshit where those two mascots of ours deliberately let the ball in.
  • By sitting next to the person on the microphone at half time last night

What's that all about?

Against Hull the winner was in the East stand, previously people have won it in the North Lower, Lower West and Upper West.

We are working on getting better lens' so we can get higher up in the stands and to different places but yesterday it just so happened that in the lower west the kid was waving the most so won the box of pies (which comes in a voucher form so don't worry you don't have to take home a box of slowly de-frosting pies)

Hollands pies suggested it instead of the usual advert on screen and it's just a bit of fun for fans to get involved with
  • Still waiting for KissCam so I can give @Gumbo a full on frenchie
  • Still waiting for KissCam so I can give @Gumbo a full on frenchie

You don't need a camera for that :)
  • You'd think that training the kiosk staff to serve a punter a steak pie instead of a chicken pie when he asked for a steak pie would be a bigger priority. Knowing the catering at The Valley, the box of pies will actually end up being a box of hotdogs
  • Sponsored links:

• Looking at some of support I think they should have a salad cam at half time.
  • If we all agree to buy one pie, can we be exempt from this cringey nonsense ever again.
    Tell the pie makers to go to Palace, they will absolutely love it.
  • Whoops - just remembered it was the QPR game that I won the voucher!
  • By sitting next to the person on the microphone at half time last night

What's that all about?

Against Hull the winner was in the East stand, previously people have won it in the North Lower, Lower West and Upper West.

We are working on getting better lens' so we can get higher up in the stands and to different places but yesterday it just so happened that in the lower west the kid was waving the most so won the box of pies (which comes in a voucher form so don't worry you don't have to take home a box of slowly de-frosting pies)

Hollands pies suggested it instead of the usual advert on screen and it's just a bit of fun for fans to get involved with
    Just a few remarks about your comment.
    I won the box of pies at the Hull game. I was sitting in the lower West Stand and was the closest person to BDL daft enough to wave at the camera.
    They gave me a voucher like you say but when I contacted the company to collect they asked what was the next game I would be at to receive them. As I was going into hospital I said I didn't know (luckily I couldn't make Saturday or last night) so they said they would put them in the freezer until I could collect as they had no way of posting them. So it looks like I will be taking home a box of slowly de-frosting pies which will be totally defrosted by the time I get home to the far end of Kent.
    Why not just give the lucky winner a box of fresh pies on the day rather than mess about with vouchers or give them the pies cooked at half time to share with those around them?
    Or just x amount of vouchers to be redeemed at any home game.
  • edited September 2015
    Perhaps they can team up with Timpsons, and then have a pie-key cam?
    Would be a huge hit at Gillingham?
  • Who the hell wants to be carrying a box of pies home with them from a football match? The whole event was throughly humiliating for all involved.

Not if you eat all the pies before leaving the ground.
  • Could be worse, it could be cream pies
  • Are they apple and blackcurrant pies?