Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Win a box of pies

2»

Comments

• By sitting next to the person on the microphone at half time last night

What's that all about?

Against Hull the winner was in the East stand, previously people have won it in the North Lower, Lower West and Upper West.

We are working on getting better lens' so we can get higher up in the stands and to different places but yesterday it just so happened that in the lower west the kid was waving the most so won the box of pies (which comes in a voucher form so don't worry you don't have to take home a box of slowly de-frosting pies)

Hollands pies suggested it instead of the usual advert on screen and it's just a bit of fun for fans to get involved with
    Just a few remarks about your comment.
    I won the box of pies at the Hull game. I was sitting in the lower West Stand and was the closest person to BDL daft enough to wave at the camera.
    They gave me a voucher like you say but when I contacted the company to collect they asked what was the next game I would be at to receive them. As I was going into hospital I said I didn't know (luckily I couldn't make Saturday or last night) so they said they would put them in the freezer until I could collect as they had no way of posting them. So it looks like I will be taking home a box of slowly de-frosting pies which will be totally defrosted by the time I get home to the far end of Kent.
    Why not just give the lucky winner a box of fresh pies on the day rather than mess about with vouchers or give them the pies cooked at half time to share with those around them?
    Beyond parody. At least they didn't ask you to go to the factory to collect them.

• I don’t think I’ve ever before heard the expression, ‘a box of pies’.

One can only consider that it is a box containing more than one pie. The amount of pies, the quality, the packaging, the fillings, the temperature - be they frozen, chilled or somewhere in between - are all questions that remain unanswered by these four simple words.

My initial thought is that it is quite a random expression and yet ... it somehow conjures up a concise representation of something. If it were to be a euphemism I’d reckon it could perhaps stand for an unknown quantity of anything, but my preferred option would be for it to represent an extremely bad football match.

E.G.
    “Went to the game last night”,
    “Any good?”
    “ Nah, it was ‘a box of pies’”.
  • Perhaps they can team up with Timpsons, and then have a pie-key cam?
    Would be a huge hit at Gillingham?

I just cant believe my pie-key gag only got one LOL.
    I'm transferring to the 'Things that confuse you' thread.
  • Perhaps they can team up with Timpsons, and then have a pie-key cam?
    Would be a huge hit at Gillingham?

I just cant believe my pie-key gag only got one LOL.
    I'm transferring to the 'Things that confuse you' thread.
    I might put it in the General things that annoy you one.
  • edited September 2015
    Carter said:

I was thinking this on Saturday. What on earth would I want with a box of pies at football??? A bit like when some filthy moroccan market trader offered me 10 camels for my missus.

All well and good, but how would I go about getting the dromederies home? Logistical nightmare

If anything... At least you've confirmed this bloke was you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlGl42bzX3w
  • Is this a pukka competition?