Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackburn Rovers v Charlton Athletic 19/09/15 MATCH THREAD

Comments

• Options
    No sign of Red yet. if he can't make it I will update from the Charlton commentary, if red is there I will update from the Blackburn feed.
    Apologies in advance for typos and slowness.
    Respect to the travelling Addicks.
  • Options
    COYR
  • Options
    seth plum said:

No sign of Red yet. if he can't make it I will update from the Charlton commentary, if red is there I will update from the Blackburn feed.

Red has already said he cannot comment on today, so up to you Seth
  • Options
    Maybe big Mak did get a knock on Friday, but I said on here before that he was holding his left thigh (which had loads of tape on it) when he came off on Tuesday, so it's no surprise to me that he isn't playing.

Good luck to Mikhail - decent player and seems to make an impact in most games he plays. Just hope he gets enough ball to do something but at least we know he will give 100% for an hour (before Igor, KAG, or someone else come on for him).
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 30m30 minutes ago
    SUBS | Mitov, Sarr, Jackson, Ba, McAleny, Vetokele, Ahearne-Grant #cafc #CAFCLive
    19 retweets 9 favourites
    Reply Retweet 19 Favourite 9
    More
    Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 30m30 minutes ago
    CHARLTON | Pope, Solly, Diarra, Bauer, Fox, Gudmundsson, Kashi, Cousins, Bergdich, Kennedy, Watt. #cafc #CAFCLive
  • Options
    CHARLTON | Pope, Solly, Diarra, Bauer, Fox, Gudmundsson, Kashi, Cousins, Bergdich, Kennedy, Watt.
  • Options
    Diarra back, Kennedy starts...
  • Options
    team news ???

seen on another thread that Kennedy is starting. If so, then that goes completely against what Luzon said at both the press briefing yesterday & after Tuesday's match, that there are no new injuries & he is happy with his front 4 ( S Mak, Watt, KAG & Igor)

lies, lies & more lies.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:

seth plum said:

OK, down to me...from the Charlton feed which is the first of the season for me.
    I will be at Selhurst on Wednesday so red or somebody needs to do that match.
  • Options
    C'mon Mikhail
  • Options
    Kennedy league debut.
  • Options

team news ???

seen on another thread that Kennedy is starting. If so, then that goes completely against what Luzon said at both the press briefing yesterday & after Tuesday's match, that there are no new injuries & he is happy with his front 4 ( S Mak, Watt, KAG & Igor)

lies, lies & more lies.

ehh? hamstring issue yesterday. Luzon was probably hoping he would still play?
  • Options
    Hi Seth, thanks for stepping in for Red as the main man, (super-sub)
  • Options
    Kennedy starting is a surprise.
    He will give it his all I'm certain of that.
    Thought McAlney would start when Mackienok got his injury yesterday in training.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

ross1 said:

seth plum said:

OK, down to me...from the Charlton feed which is the first of the season for me.
    I will be at Selhurst on Wednesday so red or somebody needs to do that match.
    Red has said he will be back for Palace
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Thought McAlney would start when Mackienok got his injury yesterday in training.

Do you know how serious Big Maks injury is Seth?
  • Options

seth plum said:

Do you know how serious Big Maks injury is Seth?
    Sorry been out of the loop. Out this morning, just back, and I heard Simon got injured yesterday in training here on the internet.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    Charlton are broadcasting the warm up live from behind Pope's goal on Periscope right now if you want to watch the GK coach spooning his shots over the bar.

EDIT: That lasted 20 seconds. Seems to have gone now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Afternoon everyone!! Cheers Seth for taking over the main duties!!
  • Options
    Worrying that Igor still isn't fit enough to start ahead of a league debutant
  • Options
    0-0 written all over it.
  • Options
    What choice do we have this afternoon but positive vibes guys?

It is a test for Luzon and the players, but we are capable, if we can keep tabs on Rhodes we might prosper a bit. However Blackburn have their player of the year, Olsson, back in their side.
    We were watched by Blackburn on Tuesday, and I certainly hope Luzon watched Blackburn at Fulham on Wednesday.
    We need to keep the ball as much as possible for the first 20 minutes and settle into this away game if we can.
    COYR's.
  • Options

team news ???

lies, lies & more lies.

Perhaps he did not want to give Blackburn advance notice of Mak's injury
  • Options
    My last solo match thread was Watford away last season, traingate and all that, hoping for a bit better today.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

My last solo match thread was Watford away last season, traingate and all that, hoping for a bit better today.

Perhaps you will bring us a bit of luck
  • Options
    At Ewood, players looked quite depressed in warm up, not expecting much
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    We shouldn't have paid up Bikeys contract. He used to be able to do a job as an emergency target man.

Especially as we hadnt lined up any decent replacements.
  • Options
    To me it is important that Kennedy and Bergditch are energetic and waspish, neither of them are heavyweights so lots and lots of running will be required from them.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!