Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Biggest derby in the country?

2»

Comments

• Options
    The biggest Derby in the country has got to be that place between Nottingham and Burton on Trent
  • Options

But forgetting who is a bit tasty, and concentrating on that round thing on the meadow, which derby (other than ours) piques everyone's interest the most as a match to look out for? And do you have a team you always would rather win?

For me it's Spurs v Arsenal - Spurs to win (Dad was from there, and a fan, Arsenal thought they were too good for SE London), Man City v Man Utd (City, as traditionally they were underdogs) and being a Bedfordshire lad, Luton v Watford (Hatters all the way, of course).

I always want Liverpool to lose, so their game v Everton is the same as any other to me. And as for Celtic v Rangers, I want them both to lose.

I also like to see Vale beat Stoke, as one set of fans are very decent the others most certainly not, but I wouldn't go out of my way to see it.

Rovers to beat City in the Bristol derby.
  • Options
    Most of the home fans standing at Villa park always makes for an intense derby atmosphere should be what we do at home in such occasions!
    (Awaits the usual each fan supports the club in different ways pish)
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Cowes Sports vs East Cowes Victoria, things get a bit crazy in the Medina derby and by crazy i mean myself & a mate deciding for a laugh to sing a couple of light hearted "hooligan" chants in the direction of the East Cowes fans after a few pints. :-)
  • Options
    Man Utd vs Liverpool no question.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Biggest derby - Derby County, of course
  • Options
    Charlton vs Gillingham
  • Options
    Surely Derbyshire is the biggest Derby in the county over the City itself? ;)
  • Options

Surely Derbyshire is the biggest Derby in the county over the City itself? ;)

That's the biggest Derbyshire, ahead of Matt Derbyshire etc.

The biggest Derby is the city.
  • Options

Most of the home fans standing at Villa park always makes for an intense derby atmosphere should be what we do at home in such occasions!
    (Awaits the usual each fan supports the club in different ways pish)

Or the we-are-not-all-young-and-fit-like-you pish... :wink: