Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ceballos

Has anything been said by the club about his injury or when he's likely to return?

Comments

• Options
    Forgot we even had him!
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I think he could be a key player in the current situation. Someone who offers quality on the ball and an attaching threat from central areas.
    Something we've missed since Jackson's been out.
    Here's hoping he's back soon.
  • Options
    Are we unlucky with players injuries or are the medical staff incompetent?
  • Options
    Why are we even bothered? Ceballos has been awful in virtually every minute played so far
  • Options

Lost Red said:

Why are we even bothered? Ceballos has been awful in virtually every minute played so far

No, he hasn't
    Sorry to sound negative but I've been to every game apart from Blackburn away and I've yet to see any positives?
  • Options

When is Reza coming back. He knows where the goal is and is quick, something we're lacking currently as Igor is seemingly perma crocked.

Ceballos might surprise us and be the creative player we're desperate for.

Yeah he's got a great goalscoring record that Reza
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

When is Reza coming back. He knows where the goal is and is quick, something we're lacking currently as Igor is seemingly perma crocked.

Ceballos might surprise us and be the creative player we're desperate for.

Yeah he's got a great goalscoring record that Reza
    everywhere but here he has done relatively well.

186 Career appearances, 76 Goals.
  • Options
    Lost Red said:

The world of motivation speaking beckons.
  • Options
    For those saying that Ceballos is rubbish... He played damned well whilst he was on the pitch against Hull and its what helped give us the momentum to go on and win that match.

He hasnt played since... We havent won since...
  • Options

For those saying that Ceballos is rubbish... He played damned well whilst he was on the pitch against Hull and its what helped give us the momentum to go on and win that match.

Did he?

He only played 24 minutes, and most people thought our shape looked much better after he went off and KAG came on, especially in the second half when we got our 2 goals
  • Options
    How far away is he from 'first team action' ?
  • Options
    He's been awful in every minute he's played eh? Daft.
  • Options

Did he?

He only played 24 minutes, and most people thought our shape looked much better after he went off and KAG came on, especially in the second half when we got our 2 goals
    I don't think that was his fault, but I agree we were better when KAG came on . Players like him are always viewed with suspicion by some fans; I haven't seen enough of him to make a firm judgement yet but I know that we are lacking in someone to play on the left and I would give him a crack when he returns
  • Options
    I thought he played ok against Derby, played in some crosses and passes with pace as opposed to lump it up to Simon.
  • Options
    From the brief glimpses of him I've seen, my instinct is that he is powderpuff. But I'm going to give him a chance as he may well add something in the left sided/midfield creativity slots where we are sadly lacking at the moment.
  • Options
    He has a touch, which is more than we can say about Bergdich, who offers us width, but half the time the ball ends up out for a throw!

We need to also stop playing Jordan cousins as a wide man, that is not his game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

From the brief glimpses of him I've seen, my instinct is that he is powderpuff. But I'm going to give him a chance as he may well add something in the left sided/midfield creativity slots where we are sadly lacking at the moment.

To be fair many good players are. As long as we only have one or two in the side it's ok. John Robinson was a little powerpuff but I'd have him in our side tomorrow if he was still playing (and under 30).
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:

Did he?

I don't think that was his fault, but I agree we were better when KAG came on . Players like him are always viewed with suspicion by some fans; I haven't seen enough of him to make a firm judgement yet but I know that we are lacking in someone to play on the left and I would give him a crack when he returns
    I'm certainly not writing him off, but it's a bit like Moussa, he hasn't played enough and regularly to really show us what he can do.
  • Options

To be fair many good players are. As long as we only have one or two in the side it's ok. John Robinson was a little powerpuff but I'd have him in our side tomorrow if he was still playing (and under 30).
    Was Robinson powerpuff? My recollection of him was that he had a great engine and could stick his foot in when necessary. His wing twin Mark Robson was probably a bit more lightweight
  • Options
    Robinson certainly wasn't powderpuff - he was one of the most tenacious players I've seen in my 30 years supporting us. His relative lack of natural ability was more than compensated for by his aggression, attitude and general approach. When he first arrived from Brighton he didn't look good enough for the old second division but a decade later he was an established Premier League performer.

Robson on the other hand was an old-fashioned winger with a touch of class but very, very weak physically and 'powderpuff' is probably a fair description
  • Options
    Wouldn't have called him powderpuff, but I certainly remember him jumping out of the way of the odd challenge!
  • Options

Robinson certainly wasn't powderpuff - he was one of the most tenacious players I've seen in my 30 years supporting us. His relative lack of natural ability was more than compensated for by his aggression, attitude and general approach. When he first arrived from Brighton he didn't look good enough for the old second division but a decade later he was an established Premier League performer.

Robson on the other hand was an old-fashioned winger with a touch of class but very, very weak physically and 'powderpuff' is probably a fair description

Thinking back, when Robbo came to Charlton as the 'replacement' for Robert Lee, I thought of him as decently skillful but lacking nous and playing for himself rather than the team - generally ineffective. He lost his place in the side and frankly, I thought that was the end of him as a Charton player.

But something changed. After a while he came back a different player, full of determination, tenacity and a simpler more direct style of play. And every inch a team player.

No doubt Curbs had 'had a word'!

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Thinking back, when Robbo came to Charlton as the 'replacement' for Robert Lee, I thought of him as decently skillful but lacking nous and playing for himself rather than the team - generally ineffective. He lost his place in the side and frankly, I thought that was the end of him as a Charton player.

But something changed. After a while he came back a different player, full of determination, tenacity and a simpler more direct style of play. And every inch a team player.

No doubt Curbs had 'had a word'!

It was after Les Reed came in (1995) that things turned around for him. Indeed, he was player of the year in 1995/96!
  • Options
    Thanks, Killer ....... that would make sense, because the remarkable change with Robbo's focus, attitude and performance was very noticeable.
  • Options
    edited September 2015

Was Robinson powerpuff?