Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Great Albums of........1972

13»

Comments

• Options
    One of my favourite albums was No Secrets by Carly Simon
  • Options

seventh sojourn - moody blues
    homecoming - america

Mmmmmmmmmmm smoooooooooth...
    I hope that's not a sarcastic Mmmmmmmmm smooooooooth where's me ticket%)>
    Moi?

yes you!
  • Options

Top UK Singles of 1972

01 Nilsson Without You
    02 Pipes & Drums & The Military Band Of The Royal Scots Dragoon Guard Amazing Grace
    03 Donny Osmond Puppy Love
    04 The New Seekers I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing (In Perfect Harmony)
    05 Lieutenant Pigeon Mouldy Old Dough
    06 Chuck Berry My Ding-A-Ling
    07 T Rex Metal Guru
    08 Neil Reid Mother Of Mine
    09 Chicory Tip Son Of My Father
    10 Don McLean American Pie
    11 Don McLean Vincent
    12 Alice Cooper School's Out
    13 Gary Glitter Rock And Roll Parts 1 And 2
    14 The New Seekers Beg, Steal Or Borrow
    15 Slade Mama Weer All Crazee Now
    16 Rod Stewart You Wear It Well
    17 Gilbert O'Sullivan Clair
    18 T Rex Telegram Sam
    19 Faron Young It's Four In The Morning
    20 Slade Take Me Bak 'Ome

The first gig I went to was Slade aged 13
  • Options
    www.uriah-heep.com

• Options
    wickford said:

www.uriah-heep.com

Saw them in 71 at the Black Prince Bexley....... mind you my ears were still ringing in '72' ....Very 'Umble and certainly very heavy'
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    J J Cale - "Naturally".
    Not my favourite of his, that would be "5".
    But still enough to chill you out.
  • Options

wickford said:

www.uriah-heep.com

Saw them in 71 at the Black Prince Bexley....... mind you my ears were still ringing in '72' ....Very 'Umble and certainly very heavy'
    You may have noticed that Ken (from Bexley?) Hensley and Lee Kerslake are back in the fold. Met drummer Russell Gilbrook yesterday at the local golf range - lovely bloke :-)
  • Options

wickford said:

www.uriah-heep.com

Preferred "Salisbury" very good album.
  • Options
    All the young dudes - Mott the Hoople
  • Options

Was that 1972? Missed that completely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2015

11 is very young to be listening to songs about giving head<</b>
    /blockquote>

I was 20 when that record was released and I didn't know what it meant...........
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Any Beefheart fans out there?
    Way before my time but he's one of my favourites (if not all time fave).

So, although I'm a big Neil Young's Harvest I'd have to say:

Clear Spot by Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band, probably his most accessible album. The Spotlight kid was also released in '72 which I think is also a really good album.
  • Options
    Gentle Giant - Three Friends... saw the band Three Friends last month at Trading Boundaries playing two hours of Gentle Giant magic

PFM - Per Un Amico... going to see PFM next month at Dingwalls
  • Options

Clear Spot by Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band, probably his most accessible album. The Spotlight kid was also released in '72 which I think is also a really good album.

I have really tried over the years to get CB but, apart from an acceptance of the odd track, I have to admit that I have failed miserably.

I'm so sorry. Please forgive me.
  • Options

I have really tried over the years to get CB but, apart from an acceptance of the odd track, I have to admit that I have failed miserably.

I don't get Beefheart after Safe As Milk or Zappa et al. Just give me a tune.
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Spent quite a lot of time listening to him before I could appreciate his music. Clear Spot is probably his most accessible piece of work (closely followed by Safe As Milk) and more than worth a listen if you want to give him one last try (especially tracks like Long Neck Bottles, Sun Zoom Spark and Her Eyes Are a Blue Million Miles). Clear Spot and Safe As Milk unlocked it for me and when I got into Trout Mask Replica it opened up a whole new world. Anyway, back to 1972...
  • Options

Was that 1972? Missed that completely.
    Released 8 September 1972. The single was released two months earlier.
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Hi AA, the Magic Band are still touring. Go and see them live and Beefheart will come to you!
  • Options

Hi AA, the Magic Band are still touring. Go and see them live and Beefheart will come to you!
    I see no point in continuing my relationship with them. as the magics gone out.
  • Options

In my opinion the magic's gone out of most music... but who am I to make such a judgement?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

In my opinion the magic's gone out of most music... but who am I to make such a judgement?
    well you have a right to an opinion.