Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rotherham sack Evans

Rotherham has sacked Evans and his assistant today and they won on Saturday, watch out Guy

Comments

• Guys replacement
  • edited September 2015
    Its all happening below us. Brentford, and now Rotherham.

So thats a new manager bounce for two clubs below us.

Issue for us isnt the manager though IMO - so that wont necessarily work here.
  • Was listening to a podcast recently - Peterboro were desperate to have him as their gaffer. Fans were all clamouring for him. Can't see the appeal myself
  • two wins on the bounce as well
  • They win 2 matches in a row and then he gets sacked.
    The chairmen was disgusted with the panto villian when he never won at the valley.
  • evans will always be a hero in my eyes after what he done to the unwashed neighbours of ours haha
  • At least their food bill may come down at the Millers now.
  • Weird timing. It can't be about results, as they've won the last two, and for Rotherham Championship survival is all they can realistically hope for. It can't be because he's annoying and fat, as he's always been annoying and fat.

Maybe something happened behind the scenes?
  • Sponsored links:

• very much doubt this is anything to do with football results. Evans is a very strange individual and must be an absolute nightmare to work with.
  • I bet his missus is shitting herself.

Weird timing. It can't be about results, as they've won the last two, and for Rotherham Championship survival is all they can realistically hope for. It can't be because he's annoying and fat, as he's always been annoying and fat.

Maybe something happened behind the scenes?

He's never been one to hold back. Let's not forget he received a six-match stadium ban for "using abusive and insulting words" towards a female member of Bradford City's staff when in charge of Crawley. He also received a £3,000 fine which must really have hurt his local McDonalds.

• Certainly can't be football-related - they've just two on the spin in this division for the first time
  • Perhaps their Chairman had put all his money on them going down at the beginning of the season.
  • Can't stand the bloke ... I guess they ultimately felt the same
  • Certainly can't be football-related - they've just two on the spin in this division for the first time

Perhaps they were waiting to see if he got the Posh job, then they could have got compensation
  • ross1 said:

Certainly can't be football-related - they've just two on the spin in this division for the first time

Perhaps they were waiting to see if he got the Posh job, then they could have got compensation
    I heard that they were hoping for £ for lb compo. No wonder they were gutted.
  • Sponsored links:

• He is moving onto bigger and better things playing the Fat Controller in the upcoming Thomas The Tank Engine 3D movie.
  • very much doubt this is anything to do with football results. Evans is a very strange individual and must be an absolute nightmare to work with.

This 100%.
  • Perhaps, Evans wanted to boost the squad and the chairman couldn't. Sounds like that re different directions.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11747/10009784/boss-steve-evans-and-assistant-paul-raynor-have-parted-company-with-rotherham
  • Powell should have waited. He'd have been good up there

Can't believe i've posted that twice today.
  • That's a bit personal, how do you know anyway?
  • I would imagine the club's tailor is hanging out the bunting.

Well, he'll have a lot of spare material to make it with now.
  • Guys replacement

Could you imagine if that happened?

I've got used to managers being younger than me, Peeters was taller than me but Evans. Finally a manager fatter than me.

Get him in now.
    Well they could achieve that by appointing me!!!

Here's to 5 straight losses and £1m contract buy out...
  • edited September 2015
    The timing of it after 2 straight wins the latter of those being a great away win at Birmingham does surprise me.
  • edited September 2015
    Brentford job?
    Forgot Brentford have Lee Carsley.