Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Welcome to the Mosque

It was on BBC2 last night, providing an insight into what life is like in a mosque.

I found it extremely interesting. It's 1 hour long.

Comments

• Options
    I used to love Opal Fruits.
  • Options
    More of a fruit pastille man myself
  • Options
    Parma Violets - now that was a shit sweet.
  • Options
    Its all about Refreshers for me
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Surely that should have been 'welcome to a mosque' as it only represented one?

That's my involvement in this thread done. Time to kick back, open the Opal Fruits and wait for the fun to start.

Agreed. A bit like 'welcome to the football club' being the title of a documentary about Millwall. Would people believe all football clubs were like that? (note I'm not using disparaging terms or inferring Millwall wouldn't be the best example to show of your average football club!).

I'm out also - this thread has the potential to last two pages max!
  • Options
    Allah Akbar
  • Options
    apart from snickers and starbust ..are there any other rebranded confectionery names out there ?
  • Options
    I finally left Opal Fruits behind when I discovered American Hard Gums!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2015
    lolwray said:

apart from snickers and starbust ..are there any other rebranded confectionery names out there ?

Peanut M&Ms used to be Treats

P.S. we may get past two pages if we stick to confectionery
  • Options
    Really If we are talking sweets these bad boys are the best

• Options
    edited October 2015

Really If we are talking sweets these bad boys are the best

Cinnamon Lozenges for me. The only good thing to come out of Norn Iron apart from Bushmills.
    Edited to add and the NI version of Tayto crisps of course.
  • Options
    Come on someone say something close to mark for Allah's sake!
  • Options

Come on someone say something close to mark for Allah's sake!

something close to mark for Allah's sake
  • Options

Allah Akbar

*snackbar
  • Options
    Ali's Snackbar
  • Options
    Considering most sweets have pork gelatine in them and Muslims can't eat pork products, and this thread was welcoming us to a mosque it a sweet shop, I for one find the confectionery talk very offensive. ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    those frys turkish delight adverts of yesteryear were a little bit unrepresentative of the wider Muslim community
  • Options
    Time to get this thread back on track. Was it based around Finsbury Park mosque?
  • Options

Time to get this thread back on track. Was it based around Finsbury Park mosque?

You will ruin a great sweet thread by doing that shame on you ;-)

• Options

Do you think it will give the area a Boost?
    I thought I saw the Milky Bar Kid come out and shout to a lady "Don't Forget The Fruit Gums mum"
  • Options
    edited October 2015

Hopefully. If not then the merest of Ripple(s) generated by the programme will help somewhat.

Publicity is publicity after all.
  • Options

I thought I saw the Milky Bar Kid come out and shout to a lady "Don't Forget The Fruit Gums mum"
    so the milky bar kid has come out ?

• Options
    lolwray said:

so the milky bar kid has come out ?

Come out of where? The Mosque?
  • Options
    FFS.

Who paid for the mosque to be built ?