Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England team you would like to see at Euro 2016

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hart
    Walker Stones Smalling Shaw/Bertrand

Barkley Shelvey Delph

Sterling Sturridge. Walcott

Don't play older establishrd players who have never been as good as their international rivals. This team would probably get tanned but go at trying to play a modern international technical game
  • Options
    none they're all bleeding useless in tournaments!
  • Options
    ----------Hart
    Clyne Stones Cahill Baines
    ------Carrick/Wiltshire
    ---Shelvey-------Barkley
    Ox-----------------Sterling
    -------Rooney/Kane
  • Options
    Hart

Clyne
    Stones
    Jagielka
    Gibbs

Wilshere
    Barkley

Oxlade-chamberlain
    Rooney
    Sturridge

Kane
  • Options

Hart

Barkley Shelvey Delph

Don't play older establishrd players who have never been as good as their international rivals. This team would probably get tanned but go at trying to play a modern international technical game

Best team on here so far.
  • Options

Hart

Barkley Shelvey Delph

not with Walker and Delph in it it's not! Plus, Shelvey and Barkley can't play together, neither track back enough and both can't tackle for shit
  • Options

Hart

Clyne
    Stones
    Jagielka
    Gibbs

Wilshere
    Barkley

Oxlade-chamberlain
    Rooney
    Sturridge

Kane

Gibbs seems to have rarely been involved in the Arsenal team these days. Last time he played for them their fans slagged him off for his very poor performance and they kind of all lost confidence in him. So I'd be surprised if he were chosen over Shaw (if fit), Baines, Bertrand or even Cresswell (who was West Ham's Player of the Year last season).
    sam3110 said:

Hart

Barkley Shelvey Delph

not with Walker and Delph in it it's not! Plus, Shelvey and Barkley can't play together, neither track back enough and both can't tackle for shit
    I remember he was very good before his last injury. However, the last time I saw him it was the opening Premier League game of this season and he indeed offered absolutely nothing but an own goal during those 90 minutes.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Looking through the posts, I find that you/England have few options for defensive midfielders. There'll be a lack of link between the back four and the midfield.

In the summer last year I was hoping you would do well in the World Cup because the players picked by the manager were all very good players for their clubs and the whole squad looked promising, well, in hindsight perhaps just on paper. It turned out to be a very disappointing journey for England and I got to watch only one of your three games. I really hope you'll have a different experience next year but I think maybe you need to have one or two Coquelin type of players. Just a humble thought.
  • Options
    I forgot about Delph. He's always been decent in an England shirt. Shame he moved to City, which will hurt his progress.
  • Options
    I'd want a starting place for Ox
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:

Hart

Barkley Shelvey Delph

Careful. You're not allowed to critisise Shelvey on here or you will get offered outside :wink:
  • Options

I forgot about Delph. He's always been decent in an England shirt. Shame he moved to City, which will hurt his progress.

Would have been one of my first choices, really rate him as a player but not sure it will be good for us to rely on a player who has chosen to sit on the bench for a year before a big tournament, we need our players actually playing.
  • Options
    Banks

Neville Moore Ferdinand Pearce

Brooking Hoddle Gascoine Matthews

Owen Charlton

Subs

Beckham
    Shearer
    Lineker
    Greaves
    Walker

(Zero chance of the existing bunch of gutless overpaid poseurs progressing past stage 1)
  • Options

Banks

Owen Charlton

Subs

Beckham
    Shearer
    Lineker
    Greaves
    Walker

(Zero chance of the existing bunch of gutless overpaid poseurs progressing past stage 1)

Brooking instead of Tom Finney???

Poor midfield selection. Gazza is the only one likely to make a tackle. Bryan Robson needs to be in there.

Greaves for Owen up front.
  • Options
    Hart

Clyne Cahill Stones Cresswell

Carrick Milner

Ox Barkley Sterling

Rooney
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Hart

Barkley Shelvey Delph

I'd swap Clyne for Walker but don't see the issue with Delph. Beats Henderson and would allow Shelvey and Barkley to play.
  • Options

Cant believe Henderson is in most teams.No disrespect to West Brom or Norwich but do you think if he played for either of these teams that he would be any where near this team? I dont think so.id rather Dickie Henderson.

This would be my team

Wilshire

• Options

sam3110 said:

Hart

Barkley Shelvey Delph

I'd swap Clyne for Walker but don't see the issue with Delph. Beats Henderson and would allow Shelvey and Barkley to play.
    I just think he's all engine and graft and no subtlety or nuance in his play. Don't get me wrong he's a decent player but he won't play much for Citeh this year and to be an international player you need to have more than a good engine imo
  • Options

Cant believe Henderson is in most teams.No disrespect to West Brom or Norwich but do you think if he played for either of these teams that he would be any where near this team? I dont think so.id rather Dickie Henderson.

This would be my team

Hart

Clyne
    Smalling
    Cahill
    Bertrand

Barkley
    Wilshire
    Sterling

Walcott
    Rooney
    Sturridge

Really?!?! No subs?

;)
  • Options
    Pope;
    Solly Gomez Lennon Holmes-Dennis;
    Cousins Shelvey Jackson Hariott
    Aherne-Grant Hales
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Pope;
    Aherne-Grant Hales

I like the slotting in of Killer right at the end there. +1 for this team.
  • Options
    EastStand said:

Pope;
    Aherne-Grant Hales

I like the slotting in of Killer right at the end there. +1 for this team.
    It's a bit tough on Pigott, but you need a bit of experience...
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Hart

Barkley Shelvey Delph

Xactly. Delph has had a great start to international career, if he learns to stay on his feet he can be a force. Remember, he started as a tricky winger for Leeds, he is no donkey

Walker looked very at ease at international level last year. He went off the boil but now seems bang on it again. Is quick and can control a football.

International football isn't the PL, some players get it and some don't. At least consign to the the bin those that definitely don't and give those that might develop a chance to do that.

Play at team at this euros that could realistically be at peak age for the WC.

To reuse a common phrase, if it's definitely broke, then fffing fix it.

• Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

Banks

Owen Charlton

Subs

Beckham
    Shearer
    Lineker
    Greaves
    Walker

Brooking instead of Tom Finney???

Poor midfield selection. Gazza is the only one likely to make a tackle. Bryan Robson needs to be in there.

Greaves for Owen up front.
    Left out England's greatest ever left back as well:

• Options
    edited October 2015
    surprised Bertrand is in so many of these teams, decent enough player but not upto the quality of the likes of Baines, Shaw (realise he's injured) or even Gibbs in my opinion. My team:
    Hart
    Clyne, Stones, Cahill, Baines
    Henderson, Milner
    Rooney
    Walcott, Sturridge, Sterling

2nd 11:
    Butland
    Jones, Smalling, Jagielka, Shaw/Gibbs
    Carrick, Wilshere
    Barkley
    Oxlade-Chamberlain, Kane, Lallana

Possibly likes of Vardy/Welbeck/Shelvey dependant on how their season goes.
  • Options
    England should be building this team around Ross Barkley
  • Options
    Hart
    Clyne, Stones, Smalling, Bertrand
    Henderson, Wilshere (if fit)
    Barkley
    Walcott, Rooney, Sterling