Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nicky Bailey

What happened to him, has he been released by Millwall? Wiki doesn't provide any useful info

Comments

• Think Millwall let him go (according to Soccerbase).
  • I did say I'd let him shag my wife. Hope he's not taken me up on it.

A lot of Charlton fans made him that offer, the poor lad must be knackered by now!
    I'm amazed he's dropped down that low, he's only 31 and hasn't suffered major injuries?
  • Just a bit crap now.
  • His legs went when he was still playing for us. We were lucky to get the money we did from Boro.
  • Wouldn't surprise me if he ended back at Southend.
  • His legs went when he was still playing for us. We were lucky to get the money we did from Boro.

His legs certainly did go when playing for us - that must have been why he constantly fell to the floor as if he had been shot whenever he was tackled.

• Good job Christian Dailly helped him out with all of that shagging
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2015
    wmcf123 said:

Good job Christian Dailly helped him out with all of that shagging

Should this be on the rumour page ?

• I'm surprised Parkinson didn't take a gamble on him.
  • Gone to Bury
  • ross1 said:

Gone to Bury

Think it's Barnet, although Chris Eagles has signed for Bury.
  • ross1 said:

Gone to Bury

Think it's Barnet, although Chris Eagles has signed for Bury.
    You are correct
  • ross1 said:

Gone to Bury

Think it's Barnet
    Good choice. We always used to praise his barnet.
  • edited January 2016

He's playing for Sutton now, he left Barnet by mutual-consent. Oh, and he's not playing for any money either!

Didnt he play for Sutton when he was working for William Hill prior to joining Barnet in the first instance?

Interesting when you look at their squad as they've also got Ross Worner and Stuart Fleetwood in their team now
  • Got a signed pair of his boots at home I bought from a CAFC auction . Tiny feet - about size 5
  • Sponsored links:

• I assume injuries have taken their toll, as he's only 31
  • I think it's safe to say that we probably got the best deal out of him. We almost doubled what we paid for him when we sold him and he scored 25 goals for us in two years playing in most of our games.

However, He never did anything to give the impression that he was ever interested in anything less than the maximum wage on offer and he 'engineered' moves to ensure that he got what he wanted.

I doubt he will be missed by any of the clubs he played for, and I also suspect that none of the fans that sang his name when he was with them would bother to cross the road to say hello to him now. I would say that it's a shame but, realistically, I doubt he cares. He earned a lot of money and, even though I suspect he wasn't intelligent enough to have any left, that was what he wanted.
  • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicky_Bailey

wiki saying he is playing for Sutton..?
  • A tad harsh KHA...Bailey always gave 100% for us and he helped to take Millwall down!
    I would certainly chat with him in a pub and ask him about the difference between Boro and us - what it was like living up there and how awful, assuming it was pretty bad, at the scum. I think he has a good story to tell. A fine workman-like Championship player in my opinion.
  • A tad harsh KHA...Bailey always gave 100% for us and he helped to take Millwall down!
    I would certainly chat with him in a pub and ask him about the difference between Boro and us - what it was like living up there and how awful, assuming it was pretty bad, at the scum. I think he has a good story to tell. A fine workman-like Championship player in my opinion.

Bailey is tarnished by the missed pen. He was largely decent for us

Got a signed pair of his boots at home I bought from a CAFC auction . Tiny feet - about size 5

That explains why he kept falling over - and no we don't want him back either.

• I think it's safe to say that we probably got the best deal out of him. We almost doubled what we paid for him when we sold him and he scored 25 goals for us in two years playing in most of our games.

However, He never did anything to give the impression that he was ever interested in anything less than the maximum wage on offer and he 'engineered' moves to ensure that he got what he wanted.

I doubt he will be missed by any of the clubs he played for, and I also suspect that none of the fans that sang his name when he was with them would bother to cross the road to say hello to him now. I would say that it's a shame but, realistically, I doubt he cares. He earned a lot of money and, even though I suspect he wasn't intelligent enough to have any left, that was what he wanted.

What is any of this actually based on? I've seen quite a few people say things like this about him, but they also seem to forget that the guy was on the floor in tears when he missed that penalty.

Never played like someone who was 'only in it for the money'.
  • Scored some goals for us but in my opinion gave the ball away way too much, we made a profit on him though so certainly one of Pardew's better signings.
  • wmcf123 said:

A tad harsh KHA...Bailey always gave 100% for us and he helped to take Millwall down!

Bailey is tarnished by the missed pen. He was largely decent for us
    One of those players, like that mid-fielder who's name I can't remember who we got from Birmingham, who was dangerous in the opposition's area but almost as dangerous in his own.