Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why does everybody hate Fraeye?

I posted this else where, but I wanted to know fan opinions more.

Why does everyday hate Fraeye? He was a success here with Riga and knows Charlton ) he is at the valley almost every week) I've also heard that he was the tactician and trained the players when Riga was here, Riga was all mentality and fitness.

I just don't understand the hostility towards this guy.

Comments

• Options
    Give me strength
  • Options
    I don't hate him or anybody .. I just want a BRIT managing CAFC for a change .. compare our recent(ish) success under BRITISH as opposed to foreign managers
  • Options
    He is another no mark. About to become appointed on his nationality and that's why I for one don't want him at Charlton.
    There are strong options avalible out there to replace Luzon and the board haven't even considered them as they have appointed their mate and it's very much an us against them feeling at the moment, he is one of them and That's why Fraeye will not have the support of many. Myself included.
  • Options
    If this fella gets the gig, when will Roland learn?
  • Options
    I don't hate him. If I were a manager in the third division of Belgian football, I'd jump at managing Charlton Athletic too.

I just want a British manager who has been there and done it. They also make for more interesting press conferences
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another manager with no experience of English league should not be an option. I have nothing against Fraeye, yes he was assistant under Riga, but we need someone with at least League One experience, not someone who has only managed a 3rd division Belgian team. Doesn't mean they have to be English or even British as there are many foreign managers in the English game. They just have to understand the game in this country.

In all honesty though we know it's going to be someone the fans don't approve of so not sure why we bother venting our opinions to the club. Oh yeah it makes us feel better. They don't listen and they won't break from this flaming network model which I used to back because I could see potential. I can't anymore.
  • Options
    No one hates him personally, but he's part of the network and therefore is yet another belgian yes man.
    He has absolutely no managerial credentials whatsoever and currently manages a team going nowhere in the Belgian 3rd tier, which is about the equivalent of the conference.
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Mainly what Madz said.

The type of manager Duchatelet appoints indicates to me his strategy going forward. If he appoints another yes man then we can expect more of the same. A squad with no depth and an increased chance of relegation.
  • Options
    I'll accept Karel so long as she brings Josa Riga along as her assistant.
  • Options
    The same way as tommy hated the ordinary German soldiers. He is sent by the enemy and needs to be metaphorically buried.
  • Options
    *sigh*
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He (Fraeye) is just doing what his boss (RD) tells him to do.
  • Options
    With good experienced Managers like Pearson, Lambert, Mackay etc out of work, why would we appoint Fraeye? I would just like Roland to appoint the best Manager for us irrespective of nationality or whether he is or has been part of the Network.But we all know he won't. I expect Fraeye to be announced in the next couple of days.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Madz said:

Another manager with no experience of English league should not be an option. I have nothing against Fraeye, yes he was assistant under Riga, but we need someone with at least League One experience, not someone who has only managed a 3rd division Belgian team. Doesn't mean they have to be English or even British as there are many foreign managers in the English game. They just have to understand the game in this country.

In all honesty though we know it's going to be someone the fans don't approve of so not sure why we bother venting our opinions to the club. Oh yeah it makes us feel better. They don't listen and they won't break from this flaming network model which I used to back because I could see potential. I can't anymore.

Did Klopp , Wenger, all the Watford Italians , shall I go on have exoeranice of English league before they joined ??
    Or Peeters and Luzon, as other examples I can think of...
  • Options
    Greenie said:

You really need to ask this? I am 1500 miles away and I get it.

Are you the third Proclaimer?

500 + 500 = 1000. Do the maths... :wink:
  • Options

colin1961 said:

Madz said:

Did Klopp , Wenger, all the Watford Italians , shall I go on have exoeranice of English league before they joined ??
    Or Peeters and Luzon, as other examples I can think of...
    The best example in this case is Christian Gross
  • Options
    With a name like Karel, he sounds a bit poovy. We've had all Guy's posturing and prancing, all the crouching and pleading. Wrong, right from the start.

We need a tough guy as manager. King Arthur Scargill.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

Madz said:

Give it up Colin, unless your on the payroll you're defending the indefensible, and making yourself look ridiculous.